UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Old Del pond duel rules reinstated

Revert duet-pit area changes?

• Yes

Votes: 78 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terron

Knight
Old Del pond duel rules reinstated

Would you like to see the Del pond and all other areas for dueling have the rules as they were before?

(Posted for mikey)

hoglegs

Sorceror
Re: Old Del pond duel rules reinstated

Terron I <3 you in an absolute non-gay way ;)

REVERT NOW... I can't see anyone saying no to this ;)

hoglegs

Sorceror

There are ways to trade safely.. I promise. You just have to use your head.

I would be happy with just making the pits guarded... BUT a revert makes me smile:D

Sorry to be a 'newb' on the subject, but can you explain what the old rules were? I noticed people were mentioning guarded areas, that doesn't sound bad. At the same time though, is there a way to make that guarded area protect reds as well? I was dueling a red guy on one of my characters at one point, and we had to stop the duel because 5 blue gankers sat there waiting for him to win/lose so they could kill him after we finished, which is lame.

Before anyone flames about 'That's how it is' and 'Ganks are part of the game' (I wholeheartedly agree), It's a really pissant thing to do; we couldn't finish our duel, and he had to help>stuck out just to escape being torn apart.

hoglegs

Sorceror

before you couldn't do any negative acts on anyone...meaning stealing or attacking

Nephtyes

Sorceror

I think yes, even though I can set a persons weapon that I like as a last target, and stand on the spot they come back at naked... Then Yoink its mine, but thats even more reason to change it back the way it should be.

PooSlap

Wanderer

I garentee 2 of those 4 votes no were from lil wytes cuz they LOVE to gank people without mounts right after people finish there duels.

YES TO THE REVERT! and whoever said yes to poker comming back, that'd be nice

I'm all for it then. Thanks for responding to my question. If it had been just more protection for blues... screw that. =P

jagpanzer

Wanderer

I was under the impression that the duel-zone rules were changed because people were abusing the "safe-zone" rules by pk'ing right next to the safe zone, and then dodging into it to prevent their own deaths.

However, with the current ruleset, red players are often targetted as they leave the duel zone (as people have noted).

I agree that the 'safe-zone' ruleset makes more sense for the dueling areas, however - simply changing this back solves nothing. The previous abuse will return.

A new solution has to be created. My suggestion: Change the ruleset back to 'safe-zone', and also make the common dueling arena's less accessible, that is - make it so you can't simply dodge a fight by running into the arena. A possiblity could be to make entrance to dueling area's impossible while in combat.

Blu3b3rry

Sorceror

jagpanzer said:
A new solution has to be created. My suggestion: Change the ruleset back to 'safe-zone', and also make the common dueling arena's less accessible, that is - make it so you can't simply dodge a fight by running into the arena. A possiblity could be to make entrance to dueling area's impossible while in combat.

You couldnt enter if you had recently been in combat anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.