UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Occasional Screen Flashing and Freezing

Lady Keera

Wanderer
This is really just an annoyance more then a problem, but occasionally my screen will flash bright white. I haven't found any pattern as to why it happens, one client open, two, other windows open.. Does anyone know what this is cause by, and how to fix it?

Another issue that I have is my client freezes when switching to other windows with Alt + Tab. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, and sometimes I have to close UO and restart it.

I am running windows 8, 16 GB ram, Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs)
GeForce GTX 860M 12154 MB

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
http://www.uohybrid.com/common-client-issues#general
On Windows Vista and later, client performance can be greatly improved by changing the compatibility settings on Razor or UOSteam. To do this, right-click your Razor or UOSteam shortcut, open Properties -> Compatibility. Use the settings specific to your Windows version below.

In addition to the settings below, “Run this program as an administrator” has been known to fix issues. This option is generally not required.

Windows 8
  • Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and set it to “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)”.

This doesn't fix it completely (Windows 8 doesn't like Razor + UO much), but it'll help. On Windows 7 it would get rid of the flashes completely.

Last edited:

Greckle

Wanderer
Thanks for asking about this Keera,this the most heard complaint on game nights.
I think yer my favorite poster for the day Shino.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
You can also switch to UOSteam if you want to make it simple.

I had that same problem using Razor but this does not occur when you are using UOSteam to log on.

Will take a bit of adjustment to get used to it bit eventually you will like it and won't have these issues.

Greckle

Wanderer
I use steam myself and don't have the problem but I haven't been able to get the others to convert. Of course I'm new to the game and only used razr about a week which made things easier. ;)

Lady Keera

Wanderer
Thank you very much Shino. This fixed the problem entirely! No more flashing or freezing when switching from my bard to my tamer!

Also, I actually did try Steam out for a while. It seems like it could be a good alternative to Razor. But I've been using Razor for about 10 years, and UO assist before that. I think I'm pretty set with Razor for now. Plus if you look back in the Q & A forums, it's pratically page after page after page of UOSteam problems. There was no one really asking about Razor, which is why I posted my own.