UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Now Hiring Translators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

Now Hiring Translators!

If you're fluent in a foreign language (as well as english), then we're looking for you!

In an effort to extend our support to our non-english speaking communities, Demise is going to be hiring a bunch of translators.

Rrequirements:
  • Speak ENGLISH fluently. We still need to communicate with you!
  • Speak your other language(s) fluently.
  • Status in good standing
  • Ability to be in IRC when you're online.
  • Willingness to help the shard
  • Willingness to be 'around' alot.
If you're interested, please email to STAFF <a t> uodemise (-d0t-) com the following information:
Code:
Name
Email
Account names
Time Zone
Forum Name
Fluent Languages (other than english)

Why do you think we should choose you as a translator for your given language?

Why do you want to be an official translator for Demise?

The same two questiosn above, but in the other languages that you know.

That about wraps it up! Good luck!

(Oh, and Pig Latin and 'Bad English' don't count!)

Edit: There are a few languages which are a very noticable portion of the shard's speakers, which are currently underrepresented because of language difficulties:
Turkish
Russian
Chinese
Japanese

We also have a sizable portion of
Portuguese
Polish

But of those two, we do have staff that can speak 'em. But don't let that stop ya from applying, we can always use more people of every language! Noone's around 24/7!

Ferris

Page
ASayre8 said:
(Oh, and Pig Latin and 'Bad English' don't count!)

Bad English don't count? They did that song in the 80's "When I see you smile"
That's gotta count for something.

Seer Mia

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
[*]Speak ENGLISH fluently. We still need to communicate with you!

Just to clarify, I speak to many individuals who's English is not "perfect" so to speak, and that's okay. Please do not hold back because you feel it's a little broken or your English is a bit slow. Nearly all of the tasks you will be required to do are written, meaning that you can take your time about it. And I for one am happy to work with someone so long as we can manage to get the message across for the most part.

ribby

Wanderer
Re: Now Hiring Translators!

i can transtlate bad english into terrible english. :D
anyway good luck with your search

filipepmelo

Wanderer

:D HI I speak English and Portuguese fluentily... I speak english, I can help and can be on in the Irc.... :)
I can translate English to Portuguese fast and Portuguese to English too... I am a Brasilian, and there are many Brasilians in Desmise... ;)

Same here. Sent the application a few days ago, just waiting for an answer ;D

I am Brazilian but I live in Maryland, been here for 3 years now. And as you can see, my English is pretty good!

Hope I can you guys! =D

kamon-demise

Sorceror

I can translate english/spanish but I need to know what's exactly needed to be translated cuz I'm not full time available :)

A

ASayre

It'll take a tad of time before I get any responses out. Just cause it takes time to do stuffs :)

Also, one of the 'tests' is being able to follow the instructions. IE, EMAIL, not PM ;p

pbguy434

Knight

I think Asayre is trying to get past spam bots, I wouldn't write your email down on a site. He just typed it out with symbols and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.