UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New tamer advice

azaleth

Wanderer
So, like many others, I have skill balled my way into a tamer. I have been doing a lot of research on what type of build and still find myself scratching my head. Currently, I have:
Taming-100
Lore-100
Magery-100
Music-100
Peace-100
Vet-100
Discord-100
As I understand it, peace has to go for I cannot peace tame anymore. I currently just play solo, and working on getting my first pet but not had any luck. How do you tame, or get a mob down low enough to attempt to tame? I am thinking about using eval, but would still need meditation. I have seen a lot of people post about necromancy~ I have yet to use that skill, but once again, how do you work a mob without meditation? Also, with that, is Spirit Speak. Is this just for healing?
Im back after 4 years and do not know where to begin to make money. I tried taming a nightmare (yeah lol) with no luck at all. Do I discord then attack away? With this said, I feel this would be better:
Taming-100
Magery-100
Med-100
Eval-100
Music-100
Discord-100
Lore-100
My play style has yet to be determined so I am open for suggestions on builds and how to play a tamer, where to start, and how to ladder my skills.
Thanks to all

april0395

Sorceror
I usually beat the monster down until it's low health, then try to tame it. Or, if you build up honor from killing other monsters, you can honor yourself and be able to tame peacefully for a short time.

Necro is very powerful for a tamer. Pets will act as tanks while you are the one inflicting the majority of the damage. Wraith form provides mana back for the damage that you deal, wither allows you to AoE damage to several monsters, corpse skin lowers fire and poison resist, etc, etc.

Spirit speak is to necromancy as evaluating intelligence is to magery. It will enhance your casting power of necro spells. It's also a nice way to heal in a pinch. I typically use it if I'm poisoned and trying to heal up real quick before curing myself.

Meditation is certainly nice to have, but is not necessary if you have MR and gain most of (if not all) of your mana back while you are casting in wraith form with some SDI.

Tanya

Traveler
Hi, like was said before, necro tamer is very strong here. I see you have music and disco, so I wanted to share my template, which is very similar to yours:
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Music
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Magery
(120 Veterinary in soulstone, switching it with provo)
Peace is not very usefull, so you can change it to provo.
This template is good for hunt and finding a perfect Cu Sidhe :)
For taming dragons and cu sidhes I use honor, you can have 5 min to tame a pet when on max honor.
But I want also to make a necro tamer later)))

Tanya

Traveler
Thanks, Looking at this thread http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/467398/, I think I am going to give that a shot. As for the first pet to tame right now, Im thinking unicorn but not sure. New character so no honor as of yet.
Here is the plan: tame unicorn or nightmare (bond them), and go to the Blood Dungeon to hunt daemons, and build up the honor.
Or just buy 105 taming and 105 lore and buy some average Cu Sidhe, they are cheap, you can even get one for free.
It will not take long time to build up the honor on daemons (better on succubus, she is also in that dungeon). When you got all honor, buy 115 lore, and then you can find good Cu Sidhe and good Great Dragon.
For that template you need really strong pet: high HP, physical and fire resists.

Ortiz

Sorceror
I can supply you with taming/lore scrolls and a cu sidhe. Pm me when you are available.

azaleth

Wanderer
Thanks! I did not know where to begin. I sent you a message. Good to see people are still willing to help others here.