UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[NEW] Guild

PraWN

Wanderer
[NEW] Guild

Edit: By the way... If your still completely new to Ultima Online and need any help, please contact me through AIM, MSN or Yahoo!!

Edit: After a long think, I've decided to close down [NEW]...This is because of a mixed number of reasons:

1) I had 800k before starting this guild and now after two weeks I only have 30k
2) It's not working as planned because most people who come here are already familiar with Ultima Online and are very able to achieve everything we offer by themselves, so I'm getting the feeling most people are joining just to get free stuff
3) I'm starting a new guild very soon, which I'm hoping will be a big success... You will see soon! :D

I'm going to be honest and say the first reason is the biggest by far... I just didn't realise how much gold it took to do this thing :(

I'd like to thank everyone who helped us and I'd also like to wish good luck to everyone we helped during our short time... So, ciao!

I've just started up a [NEW] guild to help out the new players of this shard... I wasn't sure where to post this because it's not a PvP or Roleplaying guild, so I thought I'd post it here... I hope an admin or moderator can move this to a better forum if needed and I also hope it will get stickied, so it's easier for new players to spot on the forums... Here's some questions and answers about the [NEW] guild:

What is the [NEW] guild?
We're a guild that is completely dedicated to helping out new players on Hybrid, by giving them the supplies and training they'll need to survive

What kind of things do we supply?
We try to supply everything that the new player needs... This includes things like boards, ingots, cloth, leather and all the tools you need to gather your own resources and craft your own items... It also includes things like reagents, bandages, potions and many different types of armour and weapons to best suit your skills... And a number of other things too!

Edit: We now offer spellbooks and runebooks, with runes to the guild house and to the major cities... Thanks to coolbit

What kind of training do we offer?
We'll try our best to answer any and all questions you have about Ultima Online and the shard... We'll give you hints and tips on anything and everything we can... We'll also give you a safe place to macro and train your skills with both veteran and other new players

Edit: We now offer organised guild hunts to dungeons, so new players get a first hand experience of monsters and player killers on Hybrid... Thanks to some dude I was talking to at the West Britain Bank

How new do you have to be to join?
There's no set time as to when we don't accept a new player who's account is too old, it's more based around how established you are within the game... So don't worry if you've been playing for a little while, there's still a good chance that you'll be accepted as long as we feel you need the help

How long can you stay in [NEW]?
Again there's no set time as to when you must leave the guild... When the time comes that you feel your ready to be able to survive and cope on your own, then you are completely free to leave... Likewise when the time comes that we feel your ready, then we will let you go

Where is the [NEW] guild situated?
We are situated within the Desert of Compassion which is North of Britain... Exit Britain on the North East road and follow this road until you come to the Bog of Desolation, follow the outskirts of this swamp around to the North until you see the road again... Follow this road until you come to the crossroads and the guard outpost, head directly West from here and you will come to the [NEW] guild house... Alternatively, send me a message and I will gate you directly to the [NEW] guild house as soon as I can

Here's some screenshots to help you:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

How do you join [NEW]?
Whether you are a new player who needs help or a veteran who wants to help, here's what you need to do:

1) Take a screenshot of your character selection screen when logging into Hybrid, using print screen and not an alternative third party program
2) Paste this screenshot into Paint and save it as a jpg, but do not change or edit the screenshot in any way
3) Take a screenshot of your character in game with your paperdoll and profile visible, with the age of the account at the bottom of the profile also visible
4) Paste this screenshot into Paint and save it as a jpg as you did with the first screenshot, but again do not change or edit the screenshot in any way
5) Add me to AIM, MSN, Xfire or Yahoo and send both screenshots to me over one of those programs or e-mail

Here's an example of the screenshots you'll need to send:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

How can I contact the [NEW] guild?
You can post a reply in this thread, send me a private message or send me an e-mail and I will get back to you as soon as I can... Alternatively, you can add me to one of the following programs:

AIM = prawn501
MSN = [email protected]
Xfire = prawn501
Yahoo = prawn501

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask! :D

As a side note, I beg everyone on this shard to show compassion to the [NEW] guild and to not give us grief please! Also... All donations are welcome! :D

PraWN

Wanderer
Re: [NEW] Guild

Updated!

We now offer spellbooks and runebooks, with runes to the guild house and to the major cities... Thanks to coolbit

We now offer organised guild hunts to dungeons, so new players get a first hand experience of monsters and player killers on Hybrid... Thanks to some dude I was talking to at the West Britain Bank

Also I'd like to thank everyone for your support! :D

Dependable

Wanderer

Let me give you a hint: go to the player guides forum and take a look at the "how to make your very first character" thread. Have the noobs follow the manual for a peacer/warrior and they're on their way to making it all on their own. You can still use the [NEW] guild to help em get started, they'll need a Full Spelbook / runebook anyway and a lot of support will be needed to have them get used to playing any character... A hunting trip with an army of peacers should be fun and very easy... :p

PraWN

Wanderer

I don't get why it got moved here really... It's not like it's a PvP guild...

Can we at least get it stickied please? :(

PraWN

Wanderer

Dependable said:
Let me give you a hint: go to the player guides forum and take a look at the "how to make your very first character" thread. Have the noobs follow the manual for a peacer/warrior and they're on their way to making it all on their own. You can still use the [NEW] guild to help em get started, they'll need a Full Spelbook / runebook anyway and a lot of support will be needed to have them get used to playing any character... A hunting trip with an army of peacers should be fun and very easy... :p
Thanks alot dude... I'll make sure to tell them about it! :)

PraWN

Wanderer

Updated!

After a long think, I've decided to close down [NEW]...This is because of a mixed number of reasons:

1) I had 800k before starting this guild and now after two weeks I only have 30k
2) It's not working as planned because most people who come here are already familiar with Ultima Online and are very able to achieve everything we offer by themselves, so I'm getting the feeling most people are joining just to get free stuff
3) I'm starting a new guild very soon, which I'm hoping will be a big success... You will see soon! :D

I'm going to be honest and say the first reason is the biggest by far... I just didn't realise how much gold it took to do this thing :(

I'd like to thank everyone who helped us and I'd also like to wish good luck to everyone we helped during our short time... So, ciao!

JakesHunny

Wanderer

Did seem too good to be true. I have no problem making a little money though.. I sell cotton and horses I tame... I currently have around 4k gp and bought a rune book too. But currently I am wanting to know magery so i can teleport and gate and it's hard to do it by myself. Also needing to know what animals I can tame at my level... and I looked at sites but they are not acruate and where to find them I have no clue...

JakesHunny

Wanderer

sorry I have like 175 contacts and usually 20 or 30 are online at all the same time...

what's your display name so I can look you up next time... I think you messaged me.. but I excited it and I think you got offline..

PraWN

Wanderer

Updated!

By the way... If your still completely new to Ultima Online and need any help, please contact me through AIM, MSN or Yahoo!!

JakesHunny

Wanderer

hey have you ever heard of running the razor client and then logining in... choosing your char then the uo dissapears??? its really pissin me off.... like i can hear the game sounds and stuff but i dont know how to get it on the desktop.... and i tried task manager>switch to.. balblabla.