UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Faction Base Locations

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
Many of you helped develop and test faction overhaul changes on the Hybrid Test Center. Starting tonight, we will begin implementing the first steps of these changes.

After server wars, we will be moving all 4 faction bases to their new locations. We are hoping the new faction bases will inspire some new and refreshing faction play with balanced base setups. Those of you who visited the Hybrid Test Center will already know where to find them. Otherwise, you may have already noticed the buildings as they were built/decorated with the world decoration overhaul. The new locations are:

True Britannians: East Britain
Formerly: Chamber of Virtue

X/Y: 1540, 1600

Shadowlords: Serpent's Hold
Formerly: Counselor's guild

X/Y: 2950, 3350

Minax: Trinsic
Formerly: Fisherman's guild square

X/Y: 2030, 2870

Council of Mages: Magincia
Formerly: Old CoM base

X/Y: 3790, 2250

Furthermore, faction towns will start receiving faction-specific decoration, automatically changing depending on what faction owns the town.

We will also be adding back the public moongate that appeared on Serpent's Hold while the Lost Lands were closed, to provide better access to the new Shadowlords base.

We hope you enjoy the changes! Feedback is always welcome.

Last edited:

Teterios

Sorceror
And maybe make it so using the higher level runics require a higher rank to equipt
like Force lvl 1 rank Aggy lvl 3 rank Verite lvl 5 rank valorite lvl 8 rank

Take out how many items you can wear at one time so low level people can make a full set of blessed armor and wear it..

Smo

Sorceror
I also agree with teterios. Would also be nice to see my peacemaking skills be back to the way they used to be. I liked farming with two mares and not have to be with a dragon. Also as a peacer we have to lose many attributes such as med eval and resisting spells, so I really don't understand why you nerfed us. Not like we can fight back regardless. smh

Valentino

Sorceror
And maybe make it so using the higher level runics require a higher rank to equipt
like Force lvl 1 rank Aggy lvl 3 rank Verite lvl 5 rank valorite lvl 8 rank

Take out how many items you can wear at one time so low level people can make a full set of blessed armor and wear it..

Tet is tired of dying to dexxers

Teterios

Sorceror
I disagree with you vlek. The reward of being in a faction is having a nice weapon... but i believe everyone and there mom shouldent be wielding one..

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Yes but with the 4 hour guard its pretty impossible to keep sigils 2 weeks especially if you have to work or school
That's a good point, with the longer guard time it definitely makes it harder to capture the sigils. Didn't it used to be 12 hours? or was it 8?

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
used to be 12 years ago then they switched to 8 now 4 i personally would like 12 hour guard 6 day 12 hour keep
Yeah I factioned back when it was 12. As nerdy as it sounds, it was nice to be able to pass out and wake up and rejoin the fight. It emphasized the "dynasty" aspect of factions , and really made an "event" out of guarding the base. Which is something that would be cool to try out with these new bases. I mean at 4 hours you can basically tire eachother out after a few hours of warring, then while the other team sleeps the sigils cap themselves.

Shit, man, some of those battles would go on for the entire week until friday or saturday night when one faction had the chance to pull an all nighter guarding the sigs. As a faction player that was awesome because you always knew where the fight was, and it encouraged faction alliances to be formed if one faction grew too strong.

I appreciate you opening the dialogue on this man. Over the past year the staff has been doing an incredible job taking feedback from players and translating that into changes that positively effect the shard. Just a shout out to the staff, and everyone who's been proactive by giving polite feedback. The evolution of the community and staff over the past year has been absolutely remarkable, and it does not go unappreciated.

Valentino

Sorceror
Yeah I factioned back when it was 12. As nerdy as it sounds, it was nice to be able to pass out and wake up and rejoin the fight. It emphasized the "dynasty" aspect of factions , and really made an "event" out of guarding the base. Which is something that would be cool to try out with these new bases. I mean at 4 hours you can basically tire eachother out after a few hours of warring, then while the other team sleeps the sigils cap themselves.

Shit, man, some of those battles would go on for the entire week until friday or saturday night when one faction had the chance to pull an all nighter guarding the sigs. As a faction player that was awesome because you always knew where the fight was, and it encouraged faction alliances to be formed if one faction grew too strong.

I appreciate you opening the dialogue on this man. Over the past year the staff has been doing an incredible job taking feedback from players and translating that into changes that positively effect the shard. Just a shout out to the staff, and everyone who's been proactive by giving polite feedback. The evolution of the community and staff over the past year has been absolutely remarkable, and it does not go unappreciated.

I remember you, and r33n, and coke. I was Richie valentine and salad fingers.

those days were fun. but I have to disagree about the val weapon changes -- there has been so much armor inflation with leather armor now being repairable, it was necessary to keep dexxers competitive. The only reason there are a lot in circulation is because it's a novelty and for years the supply built up because they were not faction blessable. I think it will normalize in a few months.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

Hell yeah man those were the fucking days. You'll see me back in CoM now that it's in Magincia!

those days were fun. but I have to disagree about the val weapon changes -- there has been so much armor inflation with leather armor now being repairable, it was necessary to keep dexxers competitive. The only reason there are a lot in circulation is because it's a novelty and for years the supply built up because they were not faction blessable. I think it will normalize in a few months.
I think tet understands that they're basically here to stay, and that they'll normalize. So that's kinda the point tet is making with sigil timers.

An indirect cause of quicker sig times is each faction can cap a sigil, thus making blessed weapons available to almost all factions.

If you make sigils harder to capture then you're indirectly making the valorite runics harder to get.

I do agree that they'll normalize but this is just a fundamental idea that probably should have never been changed. The sad part is the people who petitioned hardest for shorter sig capture times left hybrid to play another server :/

Teterios

Sorceror

Ya quintis that something you would say becuase you need that weapon to be good at uo.. I understand where you come from. lol. No it would take 2 years + to equal out not a few months man. So its fair for a dexer to be able to one shot and one pot you insta death? even with fort leather armor on.. plus dexers take no skill soo.. Why would you be against my rank system for wearing runics?

Teterios

Sorceror
Hell yeah man those were the fucking days. You'll see me back in CoM now that it's in Magincia!

I think tet understands that they're basically here to stay, and that they'll normalize. So that's kinda the point tet is making with sigil timers.

An indirect cause of quicker sig times is each faction can cap a sigil, thus making blessed weapons available to almost all factions.

If you make sigils harder to capture then you're indirectly making the valorite runics harder to get.

I do agree that they'll normalize but this is just a fundamental idea that probably should have never been changed. The sad part is the people who petitioned hardest for shorter sig capture times left hybrid to play another server :/

I agree with your sigil times but i dont think it will ever normalize though you have genocide pete who has 2 50 charge valorite hammers so thats 100 charges ever 2 weeks thats 200 weeks thats 4 years straight of 50 charge hammer assuming he does not make double weapons or gives any out to friends..