UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Need suggestions for sampire'ISH character

Xeasin

Sorceror
Hello everyone,
I was about to achive some progress on my character but i give a break for couple of month(anyway). I turn back UO again but i need to remember couple of things and i need some suggesitons.

My character details are:

115 Anatomy
115 Macefighting
110 Tactics (will be 115 because i am broken :p )
100 Resisting spells
99,5 Necromancy
97.5 Bushido
60 Chivalry

100 str, 125 dex (128 stamina), 25 int (56 mana)

Resist: 66, 70, 70, 54, 75
17 lmc
45 hci

For now this is what i get. I am not a good gold farmer so i have 1.8 kk and i need to spend this money wisely because i need to improve this character for farming gold...

I need experienced players advise and suggestions ^_^
Thank you for reading this.

LittleMary

Traveler
For now this is what i get. I am not a good gold farmer so i have 1.8 kk and i need to spend this money wisely because i need to improve this character for farming gold...
120 MACE
120 BUSHIDO
120 PARRY
100 TACTICS
100 NECRO
100 ANATOMY
60 CHIVALRY

WITHOUT PARRY VERY LOW CHANCE TO BLOCK!
Im obviously sure a vendor will cut 1/5 of the 2 scrolls he need to sell for his 1.8kk...
He has his build.

Only thing I would change on your build is resist spell. I would drop it a little to get 100 bushido to at least have full benefit of honor.

My suggestion will be a commitment. How thin the commitment will be depend on which option you pick.

Buy a slayer and try to find it 1 handed and since you dont run parry you can buy the vesper luck shield with 15 hci and 15 dci. This help a ton.

There is a few option in that aspect

blood elem, I highly suggest you take a razor and scrape that line from the screen. I find blood boring, camped, inefffective farm and unimpressive in gold. But they are an option that many think is worth it...

Scorpion/Arachnid Scorpion will fit you to camp a 15x15 square for the rest of your life. But at least, even if camped... You have chance at better items.
Arcachnid on the other hand will open more options as you will be able to kill miasma and dread spider(I find dread killer talisman very nice. PM if you wanna buy sunch talisman)

Undead, now.. Lich lord can be nice, you can find em a few places and farm them. You dont see thhem camped too much.. People rather farm bloods.( I have sunch talisman as well)

Demon slayer. Balron ? Nah, for time spent... You never get anything worthwhile or a good gold ratio. + if you go to the decent spawn. They are camped as well. So unless you have that very nice slayer that stuck you in a long deficit, others will outdamage you and get most of the gold/items. The other places ? You will most likely end up killed by sunch paragon alone. My suggestion ? Simply go to prism of light and hunt the ones in first room. No one is ever there and those die really quickly. Just make sure you have capped fire resist as they love to cast spells. You could always go in Ice to kill the Ice Fiends. Which have 0 fire resist.(God Bless Consecrate). With a killer talisman. Depending on di and weapon. You will 2 shot those things. My archer can actualy 1 shot them with a demon slayer and ice fiend killer 100%. Again, look me up for talisman. (Yeah, people like their 'pro' all arround talisman to much imo.. Im more versatile then that I supose.)

Repond, tbh. They are pretty rare but can be inexpensive for the value you can make out of it. Titans are underated and were farmed too much.. In the end, they dont drop lesser loot. It's just people dont know how loot system work. They have just as nice or bad drop as others and can drop good gold. They aint camped and the whole place is most of the time yours for the taking. It's lazy, they have low wrestling and it work quite well.

If all fail in getting proper weapon... You could simply hunt Lava lizards. Get a Hit Area cold and just run arround in down in rat cave to their location. IF you dont have a butcher cleaver pm me about buying one, I also have the relevant talisman obviously. At 20-30 per skin. You will make a lot of money for a weapon that as a unwanted hit area and most likely didnt cost you much. You will kill those weakling easy and make some cash. If you end up bored.. You can always spice things up once a while up despise. But thats at cost to risk losing a bag of sending for a much higher harvest. Up to you. In the end, you will have saved on spending and made a lot money. This would open you to later game.

Just remember.. The more you invest in the weapon. The longer you are stuck killing those to pay weapon in order to turn in profit.

Hell, depending how much you need to move foward. If you find good fel spots.. Even ettin can net your 250k per hours. People dont do maths... I count it, I time it and I put alarms to see how much I made. They just trust macro to do all the work and believe because they press 'play' it's obviously more efficient. Maybe some of them are right... Because when you dont think and just press play all the time. The brain is a muscle.. You stop thinking, you stop having reaction time, you loot slower manualy... In short.. You end up sucking and believing that macro is better at everything. In the end, if you use macro the way I see proper. It will help you. I call them 'support macro'. But if you let steam do everything or easyuo as some like to do.. it pause between each actions.. If you loot while it does.. Macro will fail. But if you can kill with macro and loot yourself. You are using macro to truely multitask and access the part that are made for humans. THINKING! Machine do not think and human that use them too much become the same!

I hope this was helpful to you and other players! Have fun! Dont believe all that crap people say. Most of them just know how to pricecheck and press play because they all think about is what their bots needs and it's the reason those items mainly have values for the most part... 2 quick exemples before I press 'post'. 1. IMO I would rather use 2 mods gear that containt luck before using shitbag bane legging.. 2. Mace and Shield is almost just as overrated... Tbh, unless you fight paragon that basicly make you waste time and give shit more because they wanna afk instead of having more spawn in fel... Why do you need that on a helmet ? Unless you tell me you fight named in bedlam... There no point, you dont want to fight peerless... Just get a decent condom hat until you saved for a Spirit Totem(dont use the jester helm unless you are bank sitting...). Just use a suit with resist you need.. There no point to cap cold damage vs a titan, dread spider, lich or anything for that matter.. Maybe it's cute.. But useless..

P.S. See how lazy they became ? You asked how to spend the money. One copy pasted you a build he never even came up with and the other linked you a guide on how to play your template, yet has nothing in it that will tell you where to spend your money base on what you have and your present goal. (Still a very well made guide by someone who showed he use his brain.)

Last edited:

Tanya

Traveler
Here is my suggestion:
read carefully Indika's post, espesially the first page
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/540075/

He tells clearly:
Sampire is a strong class but it is definitely NOT a good starter class as it is an expensive class to even start.

Really man, if you don't have 100kk+ in bank, don't make a sampire.

The armor and weapons for a sampire are very expensive and hard to get.
I made this mistake MYSELF, i started to build a sampire a half year ago,
but my sampire is still not ready!!!
And I switched at some point to a whammy template - this template is very cheap,
armor is very cheap, weapons for a whammy are very cheap and easy to craft.
EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE SOLOED BY A SAMPIRE CAN BE SOLOED BY A WHAMMY TOO.
If you have any questions about a whammy template, let me know.

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
Sampire is a strong class but it is definitely NOT a good starter class as it is an expensive class to even start.

Really man, if you don't have 100kk+ in bank, don't make a sampire.

The armor and weapons for a sampire are very expensive and hard to get.
This is where I disagree with indikas fantastic guide. You can find cheap items to make due til you can afford the higher end items. The items you want will be found in the guide. I think the first thing I would buy is a weapon. Tbh weapons make or break a samp or a whammy. Use the guide for your how to play and farm the mess out whatever you can. If you don't have time to farm this will not be a good starter class. If it's a time issue I would suggest bodding until you get enough gp for whatever your goal is.

Xeasin

Sorceror
Thank you for all posts. I'll try to answer all of them.

First, this is not exact sampire build and i read Indika's Sampire bible couple of times. Actually while i'm creating this skill template i asked couple of question to Indika and take some advice from him. So this is a sampire'ISH build and i'm not use Parry because i'm focusing do more damage and leech more mana and life. Thanks for skill template advice.

Here is my suggestion:
read carefully Indika's post, espesially the first page
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/540075/
He tells clearly:
For now i'm just talking about gold farmer character. In a one point indika is right using sampire for main character is expensive but if you are just want to simple gold farmer (i mean focus'in easy mobs who you can kill 1 or 2 hits) imo sampare'ish templates good then others. (I didnt try whammy so i'm not talking about it)

And i gues i'm agree with silvertiger
You can find cheap items to make due til you can afford the higher end items.
You can start with simple sampire and farm a gold (i'm saying again i didnt try whammy) I'm saying that because i try couple of build but none of them works with cheap quipment but sampire builds works nicely.

In the and still i am not sure what i need to buy. I gues common suggestion is weapon but i dont know which weapon i need to use.
Anyway, thank you for all your answers.

Tanya

Traveler
In the and still i am not sure what i need to buy. I gues common suggestion is weapon but i dont know which weapon i need to use.
Anyway, thank you for all your answers.
From your first post I see you have only 128 stamina, its too low, you need to try to raise it.
Have stamina increase on armor?
The weapons you can use now probably radiants with ssi for multiple targets and katanas for single target.
You can also check your ssi here: http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase
Weapons list: http://www.uoguide.com/Swordsmanship
When you chose weapon, check his specials, ssi and your stamina, and try to use only quick weapon.
Also good items are HLD glasses, Jackall's Collar and Crimson Cincture, try to get them...

Last edited:

Xeasin

Sorceror
From your first post I see you have only 128 stamina, its too low, you need to try to raise it.
Have stamina increase on armor?
The weapons you can use now probably radiants with ssi for multiple targets and katanas for single target.
You can also check your ssi here: http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase
Weapons list: http://www.uoguide.com/Swordsmanship
When you chose weapon, check his specials, ssi and your stamina, and try to use only quick weapon.
Also good items are HLD glasses, Jackall's Collar and Crimson Cincture, try to get them...

You miss a point, this Sampire'ISH character is MF and 128 stamina was doing decent job with staff(1,25 or 1,50 ssi depends on staff). I used to use more stamina but after calculate SSI i decide lower it little and gain LMC.

About bods: i try it couple of times but it's not my things. I always forget collect bods and with my speed it's aint decind gain for me.

april0395

Sorceror
About bods: i try it couple of times but it's not my things. I always forget collect bods and with my speed it's aint decind gain for me.

I don't think BOD collecting is some people's thing. I hate things like that because I still feel like it's not worth the two mil for 500 logins. I feel yah!

And this is coming from someone who just sits around making potions. Lol.

LittleMary

Traveler
Yeah, tbh. I wouldnt sell either bod book under 5kk and right now I doubt they feel like buying at that price. I dont care about their resources loss thingy excuse. Truth is, they need it because they dont want to use leather, shadow and dull copper that cost a ton more. They would still make lot of money at that price anyway.

silvertiger

Knight
As far as bodding, you can only collect once an hour, so it could be supplemental. If nothing else you could go really slow grabbing them when you first get on the game and right before you get off. The key is to be in the proper place and have a macro.

As for the samp, you can do a lot of things. Staffs are pretty awesome. Main thing for gold farming is quick kills and quick respawns. So grab a slayer find something with decent gold and a one hit kill. The more DI you can get the easier this is. You can grab puglist gloves or guantlets of nobility pretty cheap. I personally like to have DI on my weapons. Grab some DI jewelry. Grab a killer tally or DI tally, depending on whether what you are killing has a killer tally or not. Seems like I'm forgetting something, but you get the point: Stack DI. From there it's simple: one hit kill, grab gold, rinse and repeat.

You may also find the desire to maybe farm other things at the same time. Maybe leather, ingots, daemon bones, scrolls, or regs. You can make a good profit off the 'useless junk' on corpses. Grab a bag of sending as well. If farming in fel be prepared to send. Have fun. Farming is tedious, but the rewards are worth it, eventually. Don't forget to check the loot. Not sure what's good? Visit our trading forum. Peace.

Last edited: