UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mythia's Guide To Treasure Hunting

Re: Mythia's Guide To Treasure Hunting

Do you even have to put cartography on the t-mapper ur making? I think u can just put on a extra toon, and not worry about the map until u need to decode another. is this right?

wkstrm

Lord

Slann;1963271 said:
A stupid question... where can i get a treasure map?

Loot from monster corpses or steal/buy from other players.

I actually have some T-maps for sale in bulk at Yew Bank Vendors (Wkstrm's House) right in front of the bank. Vendor name: "WeApOnS & ArMoR". that way i can save you guys some time. I'll restock with alot more. just keep em bought out :D

SirDire

Wanderer

Diamond's Inc.;1965348 said:
Do you even have to put cartography on the t-mapper ur making? I think u can just put on a extra toon, and not worry about the map until u need to decode another. is this right?

Im not sure, but would love a response to this.

Anybody?

Amerigo

Sorceror

SirDire;2010106 said:
Im not sure, but would love a response to this.

Anybody?

I'm pretty sure someone needs to decode the map at some point, but the person who decodes it does not necessarily need to dig it up. I recall having one char with the cartography and letting him decode 5 maps then handing it off to my char with hiding/lockpicking... etc

SirDire

Wanderer

Thank you very much. So now I might make a template something like this.

Lockpicking
Music
Provoke
Mage
Med
Eval Int
Peace or Discord?

Amerigo

Sorceror

SirDire;2010250 said:
Thank you very much. So now I might make a template something like this.

I'd go with peacemaking. But honestly, if you got a tamer/peacer on another char, what I did is dig up the chest and lockpick with one guy, loot with him, and have a peacer tamer doing the picking off of the spawn.

eltaco

Sorceror

best imo is to have

a)
carto
lockpick
resist
mage
med
eval
wrestling

and

b)
taming
lore
vet
discord
music
mage
med

why? you will die often doing lvl5 maps and you want to be able to res fast to finish the chest before someone walks by and decide to try to PK you + you have a 5x mage which is good enought to repel most people

discord? the monsters will die very fast and you will be able to keep on looting the chest, without having the heal your pets = faster again

**remember to remove the chest when youre done**

do1nth4ngs

Wanderer
I have done many tmaps in my day I find it a lot easier to just have a bard tmaper you can always provoke and run away the come back provoke other monsters while you unlock and loot the chest...Remove traps really isn't necessary all you need is telekenisis use at a distance and it will set off the trap if you dont one hit insta kill for you!

Tilberk

Wanderer
I use a Tamer/T-Hunter build that incorporates fishing, I wanted to have a character that could do both forms of t-hunting solo (admittedly i haven't tried devious tmaps solo but i am confident i can handle them), as i dont like to have to switch chars all the time or have multiple clients running if i can avoid it. The build looks like this.

Tame
Lore
Cart
Vet
Lockpicking
Magery
Fishing

Pretty standard but i have replaced Med with Fishing, this hasn't been much of a problem for me because i don't do a huge amount of casting in a short period of time, using bonded pets means that recall is the only spell needed for travel, the occasional heal if all the spawns attack one pet and vet is not keeping up with the dps. Really this is all my cast list is over the duration of a t-hunt.

Reflect (cast before i leave)
Recall (in)
Invis
Telekinesis
G Heal - If need be
Recall (out)

Totaling 65 mana not including the heals (at 11 mana per cast this gives me room for 4 G Heals) and some regen will occur between all these casts of course.
The advantage is that i can do all my t hunting solo on 1 char that i can call a t-hunter and not just a cartographer.