UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My recent life story...

epinephrine

Sorceror
Hello all,

I've been apart of the UO:G community since I was 12 years old! I'm 22 years old now and have gone through some stuff that I thought I would share with everyone since you all have shared 10 years of fun and joy!

Just the other day (the 17th I believe) I was diagnosed with Manic Bipolar Disorder. I donated a large lumpsum of money I didn't have the other day to the shard because I will always play it and I've always believed this shard is the best, hands down. I was in mania when I did this...

I'm not looking for sympathy but possibly some help. I might even possibly share my story and hopefully help someone in a similar situation. I hope. I made a GoFundMe campaign in an attempt to cover my debt but I wanted to share my story with you all, so here it goes.

http://www.gofundme.com/evjm2s

"Hello,

My name is Brandon Danielson from Sedro-Woolley, WA and I've been recently diagnosed with Manic Bipolar Disorder and I want to share my story.

At around 3:30AM on September 15th I spun into a whirlwind of self-destruction. My main and true intent that day, and forever, was to help people. After getting in a small argument with my brother, I took my fiance's Chevy Blazer out for a drive. After driving for awhile I decided to go to the Seattle Childrens Hospital to help a child. When I arrived I gave a few $100 bills to a few staff members to get the chance to even get in to see someone I can try to help. Now, when I left the house for the first time in my life I felt different. When I say different I mean I was not myself, it was as if I was being controlled by another ethereal being. They wouldn't let me in to see anyone and a gentleman at the desk was being frankly an asshole - I now realize of course I wasn't going about it the way I should've. I looked like a lunatic trying to help children at 5AM. I will say this: When I asked the gentleman at the desk "So will you be willing to accept full responsibility if a child passes away tonight?" He answered "Of course." with a half smile on his face. After seeing and expierencing this I went into what I thought was a righteous rage. How dare someone think that's okay in anyway?

I continued to drive and parked in a random parking lot in South Seattle and walked about 3 or 4 miles to a random intersection. I meet an older black gentleman who was homeless, arthritic, and not healthy. I used some money to go to a local cafe and order him a bottle of OJ, coffee and a pita bread sandwhich. He shared his story with me and even though he was homeless he felt like he was being tested and at the end of it all he'd see why. I spoke to him as much as I could until something else caught my attention; I can't just help one person. I walked about a block or 2 away from him and entered a convenience store to buy use a phone charger since I figured my friends, family and fiance would like to hear from me. Of course everyone was hoarse with rage, as they should've been. I told my fiance where I was so she could pick me up, I believe it was on Occalet St.(?) by at a store called Stave Store(?) I meet a few more black homeless gentleman and gave them some money and asked them how they got where they were. This is where I met an amazing man that goes by the name 'Jamaican Bob'. He didn't just share his story with me but really was my vanguard when I was pulling out money, maxing out my credit card, paying for groceries and such. He was the one that was telling people to pay it forward and share. I saw a young white male about my age and gave him my wallet and all of its contents to help him if there was anything left to be used. My fiance later found that wallet in a garbage. A few minutes after meeting the young man I felt the need to move because as you can imagine, I was getting a lot of attention. I didn't want anyone or myself come to harm because of mob mentality. I saw a 30 something year old lady who was shivering and shaking so I gave her the keys to the Blazer and pointed in the direction of where it was. I also took off my Sanook slippers so she had an extra pair of shoes. To cut off the fat of the rest of the story, I returned home to my family, I'd like to say friends but most of them don't want anything to do with me at the moment, an emotional experience through and through. I went through a pysch eval and was finally diagnosed with my disorder.

Since I was recently diagnosed, I didn't know how to harness or control my sickness. I felt like a monster and a animal that should be caged for the better of everyone. I've now come to realize that this can be used as a strength, if I learn to cope and handle it. I'm on medication now and it's honestly making me feel better, all wounds heal with time. I hit the lowest I've been in my whole life last night and felt suicidal and after have a talk with my parents, brother and fiance I feel much better. That saying, "You gotta hit rock bottom before things can get better" is pretty true. My mania felt euphoric but I didn't realize I wasn't just destroying my life in the process of helping people, but I was harming everyone I cared for.

I hope my story has meant something to people and every little bit to cover credit card debts, fiance accounts I have, hospital bills and much more. I am also the owner of a new business called 'Washinkton' on Facebook. It's an artist collective with the prime goal in life is to help (i.e. art donations, teaching people different disciplines of art, and so on) - I feel like that's something that's need in everyday life. Art is everything to me, no matter what form.

facebook.com/thewashinktoncollective

Thank you.

- Brandon A. Danielson"

I'd love to answer any (serious) questions about this. I understand it's unorthodox.

EDIT:

I know this community hates selfies but I thought I'd show you all me and my fiancè, Elizabeth.aliciaswedding.jpg

Last edited:

epinephrine

Sorceror
I did once but it was very, very, very minor compared to what I did. What happened last time is I went to Hawaii with a few friends and their family. They were accusing me left and right of an array of things like theft, lying, even going out and getting hookers (I was dating my fiance for a while so wtf) and other shit. I acted out because I felt so betrayed and confused.

Nothing compared to Seattle. I have a video of me and one of the homeless guys that shared his story. I can't find it at the moment but will share when I do.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
that sucks bro. :( like shini said stay positive!!

sounds like something some one high on meth, ecstasy, or another stimulant would do.

glad ur getting help.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Coming from a fellow sufferer of Manic Bipolar disorder, I understand your situation. I am prone to extreme fits of semi-random violence (mostly verbal but occasionally physical) that occur at confrontation. I tend to only get this way during a confrontation with someone I find threatening in some manner (EX. an upset authority figure [boss, teacher, cop] or a confrontation with anyone that is larger than me, or a close family member/wife). These "outbreaks" have got me fired, jailed, and cost me $$ (settlements). They also tend to surprise people (coworkers, neighbors, ex-gf's bf etc.) as I am generally a polite and professional person, than an argument (petty) begins and I come out swinging....then go to jail :( .
In the beginning I felt self-pity and shame at the beginning of my diagnosis, the first few rounds of medications, and the first few stages of treatment. Switching meds(multiple times) and going through anger management were stressful and made my condition worse for some time. This made me think I was fucked for life, but I was WRONG!

Just remember that as long as you stay on the path of treatment you are making improvement (even if it seems like it's getting worse). Keep a journal with as many details as possible to attempt to find your "triggers". Most bi-polar individuals have decently specific triggers (i.e. situations, time-of-year, bday's, weddings, vacation) that will cause either upswing(mania) or downswing(depression). When you begin to identify these triggers and assemble a pattern of your unwanted behavior in conjunction with the proper medication, you can have a good quality of life. Once these triggers are identified and you truly understand your behavior patterns you can begin to consciously correct the unwanted behavior. It is much easier to handle a manic or depressive state if you know that it is coming.

In the beginning it is alot of work to begin climbing out of the hole you've probably been digging for years(unknowingly) but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once you have the disorder under control you will see that knowledge of self is knowledge worth having. Just remember to stay conscious of your current cycle (i.e. mental phase/state), keep taking your medication, and keep your head up!

Last edited:

epinephrine

Sorceror
Coming from a fellow sufferer of Manic Bipolar disorder, I understand your situation. I am prone to extreme fits of semi-random violence (mostly verbal but occasionally physical) that occur at confrontation. I tend to only get this way during a confrontation with someone I find threatening in some manner (EX. an upset authority figure [boss, teacher, cop] or a confrontation with anyone that is larger than me, or a close family member/wife). These "outbreaks" have got me fired, jailed, and cost me $$ (settlements). They also tend to surprise people (coworkers, neighbors, ex-gf's bf etc.) as I am generally a polite and professional person, than an argument (petty) begins and I come out swinging....then go to jail :( .
In the beginning I felt self-pity and shame at the beginning of my diagnosis, the first few rounds of medications, and the first few stages of treatment. Switching meds(multiple times) and going through anger management were stressful and made my condition worse for some time. This made me think I was fucked for life, but I was WRONG!

Just remember that as long as you stay on the path of treatment you are making improvement (even if it seems like it's getting worse). Keep a journal with as many details as possible to attempt to find your "triggers". Most bi-polar individuals have decently specific triggers (i.e. situations, time-of-year, bday's, weddings, vacation) that will cause either upswing(mania) or downswing(depression). When you begin to identify these triggers and assemble a pattern of your unwanted behavior in conjunction with the proper medication, you can have a good quality of life. Once these triggers are identified and you truly understand your behavior patterns you can begin to consciously correct the unwanted behavior. It is much easier to handle a manic or depressive state if you know that it is coming.

In the beginning it is alot of work to begin climbing out of the hole you've probably been digging for years(unknowingly) but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once you have the disorder under control you will see that knowledge of self is knowledge worth having. Just remember to stay conscious of your current cycle (i.e. mental phase/state), keep taking your medication, and keep your head up!

Thank you so much man. I woke up 2 minutes ago and this is the first thing that I see today. It motivated me! I'm not a violent person whatsoever but that doesn't mean if you push me I wont push back. I have a long fuse but once it's up , RUN! I think my trigger has something to do with helping people when no one else will. I'm a trained Medical Tech and I see people hurt and crying, passed out all the time where I'm from and it sickens me people literally walk right by them or just watch and take pictures. I just want to help people - I went about it the wrong way but my intentions were true.

Thank you man, do you have an e-mail you can PM me if I have some questions?

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
I'm 6'0" 180-191 lbs (been awhile since I was on a scale).
Napolean complex is characterized by aggressive and/or domineering your peers in social circles. This complex is not specific to confrontation. I am generally laid-back. In general group behavior I am decently well-adjusted. It's only during confrontation that I tend to escalate the situation.