UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Momentum Strike is Wrong

xantier

Sorceror
I haven't been on Demise for almost 4 years, I came back thanks to the ML changes. But unfortunately, my 4 years-old problems still persist. I don't know if Feint ability was fixed, I will try that later but now Momentum Strike is not working as intended.

First of all, momentum strike sound effect is not 0x510 as it was written in MomentumStrike.cs, it is 0x51F

In MomentumStrike.cs :
Code:
attacker.PlaySound( 0x510 );

to

Code:
attacker.PlaySound( 0x51F );

The most important problem is that a successful momentum strike must not change the current combatant of the attacker. In Demise, whenever you use momentum strike, your combatant becomes the second target which is not OSI accurate and is annoying to lose your focus to your main target. I can even confirm this with a video on OSI.

Fix:
In MomentumStrike.cs, Line 62:
Code:
weapon.OnSwing( attacker, target, damageBonus );

OnSwing method has a line like:
Code:
if ( canSwing && attacker.HarmfulCheck( defender ) )

In which the HarmfulCheck() function calls :
Code:
DoHarmful( target );
^^^^
There is the problem, DoHarmful function must somehow get the second parameter (bool indirect) as true. Because whenever it is false, you lose your combatant focus to the next target as it also exists in the code, Mobile.cs, DoHarmful() function:

Code:
if( !indirect )
                Combatant = target;

The video from OSI I have just captured:
also notice that the damage thingy works differently, it seems every hit of momentum applies some damage bonus to the second target and %100 DI at the last hit.

EDIT:

Oh plus, momentum strike only works if the second target is next to you, which is also wrong in Demise
In MomentumStrike.cs:
Code:
foreach ( Mobile m in attacker.GetMobilesInRange( weapon.MaxRange ) )

It is not related with weapon range, even you use a bow, the second target must be next to you.

Thanks for bringing ML but I think you should also focus on SE inaccuracies which I have been waiting for years... I will try Feint ability whenever I get my Wind's Edge, Evasion was also not working properly I don't know if it was fixed. Same for Confidence, it's still working incorrectly (regen intervals, parry etc.). Please fix bushido abilities, there are only 6 but they are still working strangely.

EDIT 2 IMPORTANT
Your second target doesn't need to aggro you. In Demise, in order for momentum strike to work, your second target must be directly attacking you but In OSI, there is no such thing. The video below which I have just tested on OSI TC is about testing this behaviour. I also remember that from my ML experiences on OSI. The only criteria momentum strike has is that the second target must be next to you and it must be able to be aggro'ed by you (just like casting Earthquake). Video :

The fix is, In MomentumStrike.cs line 37:
Code:
if ( m.Combatant != attacker )
                    continue;

must be changed with:

Code:
if (!(SpellHelper.ValidIndirectTarget( attacker, m ) || attacker.CanBeHarmful( m, false )))

continue;

kolbycrouch

Knight
Your correct about the momentum strike targeting atleast. Haven't used it enough to recognize the sound. Feint was said to be fixed in a very recent update about a week or 2 ago. Haven't used feint in a very long time on osi so not sure, but I have heard that it is atleast effective now.

xantier

Sorceror
Another bump, momentum strike damages seem not to match with demise. In OSI, it really boosts your damage to your second target (probably independent from DI cap ?), here it doesn't.

gilgamash

Knight
I will devote myself to this if it is not handled yet. I coded a patch about two years before, but then they stopped community coding...

As I am back in now, this seems a good restart issue!

Can you give an approximate maximal distance for Mobiles on OSI to get hit my the strike?

Regards, G.

Edit: Checked the code, there seem to be several problems. First, it needs to be tested if the defender was really killed by the momentum attacker in case of several attackers. Second, as you mentioned correctly, the boost is only 50 percent on Demise, not 100.
Not much time here, but I will try fixing all this this week.

xantier

Sorceror
gilgamesh, thanks for paying attention. That damage boost seems to be a different thing, if you noticed I am hitting the first ettin with 40 average while the other gets hit by 75 average. It seems momentum strike bonus damage is independent of DI cap.

gilgamash

Knight
Yes, I saw that and checked the code. Momentum strike calls the base weap onHit method, but I am on it.

Nevertheless I would appreciate if you checked the distance thingy on OSI for me :)

Best wishes,
G.

xantier

Sorceror
I have just checked, whatever the weapon you use, the second target must be next to you (<= 1 dist). So even though you use archery, if you want to use momentum, a valid second target must be next to you regardless of your first target.

gilgamash

Knight
Hoi xantier,

I would like your help with one more test: If you don't have enough mana to perform or if there are no valid targets (others than the defender), is the move cleared/canceled on OSI?

It is on Demise, would like to have this correct, too.

Thanks,
G.

xantier

Sorceror
Thanks for your attention. I would be glad to see you in my other reports :p , SE abilities should be fixed before advancing into ML.

By the way, does your title mean that you can directly play a role in publishes or request the developers to "replace this with that"?

gilgamash

Knight
Ok, I would really like to start testing, but somehow I am to dumb to figure out the admin commands for creating opponents, bushido items or anything else. Even google does not help. Any links?

lord apollo

Sorceror
Good to see some people collaborating together to work towards a common goal that is for the benifit of an entire community. I don't have the knowledgebase to help fix problems like this so I can't offer any help, but I can offer my thanks. You guys spending your time to do things like this when you don't have to, on behalf of Demise if I may. .thank you. It's inspiring.

gilgamash

Knight
Thank Chaos Lord, but I am looking for quick commands to create things. I know the [admin and [help commands...

gilgamash

Knight
Here is my current version of a patch for a now 3 month old Rep, I tested it and
1) Damage to the opponent hit is 200% now as on OSI
2) Only targets near (2 tiles i.e.) the attacker are potential victims
3) All suggestions from xantier included and refactored

Regards,
G.

Attachments

• MomStrike.patch
    10.6 KB · Views: 1