UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Memory Flushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremio

Sorceror
Memory Flushes

Hey, I was just curious if the shard was ever going to get enough RAM so it didn't need those memory flushes. Ya think it's possible to run on a 64 bit processor with uber RAM? :). How much do we currently have? And if that's all you need, maybe ya can get a pool of money together from players to get em'. I don't know about everyone else, but they definately annoy me.

I also wish world saves weren't as often :/

--Gremio

Gremio said:
Hey, I was just curious if the shard was ever going to get enough RAM so it didn't need those memory flushes. Ya think it's possible to run on a 64 bit processor with uber RAM? :). How much do we currently have? And if that's all you need, maybe ya can get a pool of money together from players to get em'. I don't know about everyone else, but they definately annoy me.

I also wish world saves weren't as often :/

--Gremio

We have a brand new servers that is going through some testing. It will be up after the holiday weekend I would gather.

Please understand the memory flushes are done to keep the system stable and might still happen even with our brand new server.

Gremio

Sorceror
Cool. Glad to hear it. I just hope that the pauses can at least be spread further apart, if the server can handle it.

Good luck gettin it all set up and workin for the shard.

--Gremio

The server never used to have to Memory Flush to stay stable.. and this was not that long ago. Between memory flushes and world saves (each taking over a minute) happening every 3-5 minutes.. it gets insanely frustrating. Please turn this feature off, I would rather have the server crash once a day then sit and comment about how inopportune a moment the server has decided to Mem Flush once again via AIM with my friends. :)

If its not something that can be turned off I dearly hope the new server will at least space the Mem Flushes out a lot more.

Brendino

Wanderer
Suzaku said:
The server never used to have to Memory Flush to stay stable.. and this was not that long ago. Between memory flushes and world saves (each taking over a minute) happening every 3-5 minutes.. it gets insanely frustrating. Please turn this feature off, I would rather have the server crash once a day then sit and comment about how inopportune a moment the server has decided to Mem Flush once again via AIM with my friends. :)

If its not something that can be turned off I dearly hope the new server will at least space the Mem Flushes out a lot more.

umm last i checked i think the server saves every 15 minutes ... also maybe you dont care about the server crashing but i'd rather have memory flushes to keep it stable then have it crash. im sure that the system crashing is much worse then a memory fluch so deal with it its not like your the only one that gets memory flushes

Galgum

Page
I look at the memory flush as a good thing. When it starts being necessary to flush the memory to keep things stable, that usually means there's a lot more active players doing stuff and that's a good thing =) Besides, it only seems to be after the world saves which I thought were every 30 minutes. Rock on to the upgrades though, soon as I set up my new bank account, I'll donate.

Suzaku said:

If we don't do them, the server crashes, so thats not an option.

I am locking this post, as I have given an answer to the question.

Your also mistaken we have had memory flushes for about 2-3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.