UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Luna House Raffle

Xavier

Account Terminated
Well , not yet :)

Sorry I didn't know the right number but I was only talking about this one.

I purchased a ticket for this anyway however I've come to enjoy a good IDOC, they are just too rare on Demise , without events . ;)

I once looted 130kk in things at a Fel idoc here but that was like a dream !

I just read this a little better. I think your ability (or inability) to locate IDOCs is being translated into a lack of IDOCs. There are over 30 houses right now in various levels of decay.

Dont sweat it about the inability remark. Im sure the difference between you and the career looter is EUO, so "inability" is a good thing.

el pepino

Sorceror
I personally think the raffle is how it should be with any idoc in Luna. Allow the house to fall, let people go crazy over the items, but don't let anyone place. Make it a raffle. There's too many scripters that would ruin the chance.

The way staff used to do this even before there was a timer set to place housing after an IDOC was to simply request the razor formula you used for your house placement macro. If you could not provide the correct information and a working razor macro you were banned for using EUO or some other 3rd party house placement tool. The razor macro (if you set it up right) can place a house instantly as soon the timer allows you to. This is legit and requires no staff intervention.
I'm all for staff hosted events, and in this particular cases I believe the right thing was done by having a raffle for this players house. However, I believe for the most part the powers that be should let things happen according to how players skills, knowledge, and cunning help them turn out without any "Above" interference.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
I think luna houses should have a faster decay time. Like you must log in and refresh the luna house once every month instead of once every 6 months. So that luna would be actually USED instead of just a giant umm.. nvm.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I'm all for staff hosted events, and in this particular cases I believe the right thing was done by having a raffle for this players house. However, I believe for the most part the powers that be should let things happen according to how players skills, knowledge, and cunning help them turn out without any "Above" interference.

On the money.

Once in a while, IDOCs get knocked down by staff, from purging inactive accounts. The thing is, tho, when I have 5000 inactive accts to purge it is simply too much for checking each acct for houses; at the same time, we cannot let them constantly accumulate indefinitely. Im going to do one more normal purge and sometime in the foreseeable future work on a better admin tool that can skip accts that still have houses, etc.

So DEAL WITH IT. :D

hehe.

Even if it was deleted because of bans, the house still doesnt default to staff disposition, unless its a house that can and will cause a PR nightmare, which tearing luna houses tends to generate. There has to be a good reason for us to do this and in my opinion, there is never a reason to interfere (other than a shitty admin panel we need to fix) in cases of normal inactivity / decay.

BTW, when Ronald McDonald starts looking got some psychopathic killer from Hellraiser, its time to stop eating burgers .. and I do so love my triple quarter pounders!!

lukin69

Knight
.. and I do so love my triple quarter pounders!!

I'm sure your colon loves you after you eat it....

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese - 740 Calories - 42g of fat (19g sat) - 1380mg sodium

triple has got to be north of 900 calories...

:)

/endhijack

brain-demise

Sorceror
I used to eat two of them at a time.

I think luna houses should have a faster decay time. Like you must log in and refresh the luna house once every month instead of once every 6 months. So that luna would be actually USED instead of just a giant umm.. nvm.
I agree. But for all houses.

Lucifall

Knight
Most of it is used. The one issue is those old vets with vendors with 565456464684654646545779878979 gold in them that will never decay, or the ones that just plain don't play.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Most of it is used. The one issue is those old vets with vendors with 565456464684654646545779878979 gold in them that will never decay, or the ones that just plain don't play.

Unless Im failing to remember some key part of game mechanics ... Im pretty sure that vendors owned by the house owner will be removed by the condemnation,, and rented vendors will complete the rental cycle they are currently in, then go into reclaimation for some days, then when the last of this is gone, it would immediately fall.

Lucifall

Knight
Unless Im failing to remember some key part of game mechanics ... Im pretty sure that vendors owned by the house owner will be removed by the condemnation,, and rented vendors will complete the rental cycle they are currently in, then go into reclaimation for some days, then when the last of this is gone, it would immediately fall.
I am unsure, but I remember an idoc that I had to wait a month to drop due to the vendor in it. Perhaps it was changed in one of the many updates?

Xavier

Account Terminated
I am unsure, but I remember an idoc that I had to wait a month to drop due to the vendor in it. Perhaps it was changed in one of the many updates?

Well, the longest rental cycle, just happens to be 1 month. Id say you were probably just unlucky with the timing, and they had just autorenewed.

Something else to be a little wary of, while we are on it: the owner of the last rented vendor, its fully able to drop the house at will, by dismissing it.

Lucifall

Knight
Damnit.

I guess all I can say is