UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Logical Skill Training Order

KraCKa

Sorceror
Re: Logical Skill Training Order

just a couple things, i would put animal taming at the top over any of those others, just based on the fact that their all relatively easy and can be done afk. You can gm resist afk in 2 hours or so. One other thing, it dosnt affect your order or anything, but unless its changed recently you dont need magery to gm inscription, I gm'd my scribe with my 50 starting magery.

namlamina

Sorceror

I'm too lazy to reorder all this, but lots of them are in the wrong spot. Honestly, time consumption is the only thing that matters in skill training unless you are brand new, and even then, you should not be making any characters with excessive resource use until you can.

Animal Taming above all. Smithing, Tailoring, Carpentry above tinkering (only need like 50 to make tongs, kits, and shovels). Resist can go to the middle, it is very quick if you multiclient or have friends macro on you for an hour, it just goes up in resource costs a tiny bit. If you are going to have stealth, then you should probably train hiding and Stealth before any melee skills. Inscribe and Poison after Carto. Always save Anatomy, Eval Int, and DetectHidden for last, as they have almost no delay and just require a random target macro loop.

Anything Kracka says is law when it comes to char making. He used to make chars as an approved seller. He has probably trained more chars than anyone.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

KraCKa;1849026 said:
just a couple things, i would put animal taming at the top over any of those others, just based on the fact that their all relatively easy and can be done afk. You can gm resist afk in 2 hours or so. One other thing, it dosnt affect your order or anything, but unless its changed recently you dont need magery to gm inscription, I gm'd my scribe with my 50 starting magery.

namlamina;1849418 said:
I'm too lazy to reorder all this, but lots of them are in the wrong spot. Honestly, time consumption is the only thing that matters in skill training unless you are brand new, and even then, you should not be making any characters with excessive resource use until you can.

Animal Taming above all. Smithing, Tailoring, Carpentry above tinkering (only need like 50 to make tongs, kits, and shovels). Resist can go to the middle, it is very quick if you multiclient or have friends macro on you for an hour, it just goes up in resource costs a tiny bit. If you are going to have stealth, then you should probably train hiding and Stealth before any melee skills. Inscribe and Poison after Carto. Always save Anatomy, Eval Int, and DetectHidden for last, as they have almost no delay and just require a random target macro loop.

Anything Kracka says is law when it comes to char making. He used to make chars as an approved seller. He has probably trained more chars than anyone.

I re-ordered it a little bit, tell me if it's better.

Ralcore

Wanderer

Animal Taming (time consuming)
Blacksmithing (ressource consuming)
Carpentry (ressource consuming)
Tinkering (usefull for training of any crafting skill)
Magery & Meditation (This must be done before inscription)
Inscription (along Meditation)
Alchemy (ressource consuming, but kegs are good to have anyway)
Tailoring (ressource consuming)
Bowcraft/Fletching (ressource consuming)
Cartography (ressource consuming)
Poisoning (time and resource consuming)
Lockpicking (see posts below)
Resisting Spell (ressource consuming)
Musicmanship (Saves time to GM this before training other music skills)
Provocation (time consuming)
Discordance (time consuming)
Peacemaking (time consuming)
Detect hidden (easy to macro)
Remove traps
Hiding (time consuming)
Stealth (easy to macro)
Veterinary (easy to macro)
Healing (easy to macro)
Tactics
Lumberjacking
Stealing (easy to macro)
Archery (time and resource consuming)
Parrying
Mace Fighting
Swordsmanship
Fencing
Wrestling
Fishing (time consuming)
Tracking (time consuming)
Mining (makes money while you train, no need to rush)
Cooking
Herding (easy to macro)
Forensic Evaluation
Item Identification (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Spirit Speak (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Arms Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Evaluate Intelligence (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Animal Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Anatomy (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Snooping (very easy to macro & gm overnight)

-Taste Identification (Useless)
-Camping (Useless)
-Begging (Useless)

*Coming from someone who has trained well over 100 characters on Hybrid*

i should slap you Ralcore. camping is actually one of the best skills to have as an idocer or placement stealer. if you set up camp on a char you can almost immediately log out or with the first 15 seconds i think. i have a hider stealther with camping just to steal placements. you just put a ghost watch it and when they are replacing log in hidden and bam. works like a charm. made me a few mil i didnt have.

other 2 are def worthless. i think the taste one is just to see if something is poisoned serves no purpose though. begging maybe if your dirt poor and a really lazy noob you could cruise town beggin on some npcs but its not really worth it either.

namlamina

Sorceror

Ralcore;1851188 said:
Animal Taming (time consuming)
Blacksmithing (ressource consuming)
Carpentry (ressource consuming)
Tinkering (usefull for training of any crafting skill)

Magery & Meditation (This must be done before inscription)
Inscription (along Meditation)
Alchemy (ressource consuming, but kegs are good to have anyway)
Tailoring (ressource consuming)
Bowcraft/Fletching (ressource consuming)

Cartography (ressource consuming)
Poisoning (time and resource consuming)
Lockpicking (see posts below)
Resisting Spell (ressource consuming)
Musicmanship (Saves time to GM this before training other music skills)
Provocation (time consuming)
Discordance (time consuming)
Peacemaking (time consuming)
Detect hidden (easy to macro)
Remove traps
Hiding (time consuming)
Stealth (easy to macro)
Veterinary (easy to macro)
Healing (easy to macro)
Tactics
Lumberjacking
Stealing (easy to macro)
Archery (time and resource consuming)
Parrying
Mace Fighting
Swordsmanship
Fencing
Wrestling
Fishing (time consuming)
Tracking (time consuming)
Mining (makes money while you train, no need to rush)
Cooking
Herding (easy to macro)
Forensic Evaluation
Item Identification (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Spirit Speak (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Arms Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Evaluate Intelligence (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Animal Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Anatomy (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Snooping (very easy to macro & gm overnight)

-Taste Identification (Useless)
-Camping (Useless)
-Begging (Useless)

*Coming from someone who has trained well over 100 characters on Hybrid*
Ay COÑO! WRONG!

You are all wrong. You put remove trap below smith? Hahaha you have obviously only trained the basic chars. Any crafting skill is easy to GM. Smith takes 11.5k ingots to GM, and you have it as the second hardest skill! Give me a break! 3 Hours and 11.5k Ingots, and that makes it your second hardest skill? LOL. You actually had your order worse than Quebec´s. LOL Seriously, if you´ve made 100 chars, then I am amazed at how inefficiently you would have made them all. I made the largest offenders red... Throw those at the bottom. My friends and I have made over 100 smiths, along with the other BOD Masters I used to trade with, there were over 400 smiths. Smthing is possibly one of the easiest skills to GM. It only gets ëxpensive when you try to get legendary, which nowadays the 120 scroll is the 3rd hardest BOD reward to achieve. Anyone that can afford the 120 smith scroll should not give a rat´s ass about the extra 40k ingots (if first skill) that it will take to get to 120. Noone needs 120 smith, its called a Plus 30 ASH for 150k.

/rant

Ralcore

Wanderer

namlamina;1851317 said:
Ay COÑO! WRONG!

You are all wrong. You put remove trap below smith? Hahaha you have obviously only trained the basic chars. Any crafting skill is easy to GM. Smith takes 11.5k ingots to GM, and you have it as the second hardest skill! Give me a break! 3 Hours and 11.5k Ingots, and that makes it your second hardest skill? LOL. You actually had your order worse than Quebec´s. LOL Seriously, if you´ve made 100 chars, then I am amazed at how inefficiently you would have made them all. I made the largest offenders red... Throw those at the bottom. My friends and I have made over 100 smiths, along with the other BOD Masters I used to trade with, there were over 400 smiths. Smthing is possibly one of the easiest skills to GM. It only gets ëxpensive when you try to get legendary, which nowadays the 120 scroll is the 3rd hardest BOD reward to achieve. Anyone that can afford the 120 smith scroll should not give a rat´s ass about the extra 40k ingots (if first skill) that it will take to get to 120. Noone needs 120 smith, its called a Plus 30 ASH for 150k.

/rant

You made absolutely no argument why we are wrong, only flamed. Good, quality post. Thanks bud. And 120 Smith has use beyond a crafting bonus. Go do some research and come back.

Fez_

Knight

Ralcore;1851323 said:
You made absolutely no argument why we are wrong, only flamed. Good, quality post. Thanks bud. And 120 Smith has use beyond a crafting bonus. Go do some research and come back.

hmm so remove trap is hard? also 120 smith + 15 ash OMG 135 bonus
and 100 smiths... lolz 120 bs scrolls must be piss easy for you anyhoo

Ralcore;1851323 said:

dont worry about him its all the spanish drugs getting into his system.

Ralcore

Wanderer

incubusfan1413;1852607 said:
dont worry about him its all the spanish drugs getting into his system.

lmao

having 100+ smithy effects the BODs you get, in case people don't know this

Bill Paxton

Wanderer

I think Stealing should be put higher up on the list, somewhere around hiding, as it is nearly as time consuming due to the 10 sec delay between useage.

trisight

Wanderer

Forgive a noob, but are you saying that you can gm all the skills? I thought there was a cap of something around 700 skill points where you could only do a max of 7 skills. By all means correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to be able to train magery with my swords skills. I did gm mining first and had it pretty quick.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, the only reason I want magery is for recall.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

trisight;2092566 said:
Forgive a noob, but are you saying that you can gm all the skills? I thought there was a cap of something around 700 skill points where you could only do a max of 7 skills. By all means correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to be able to train magery with my swords skills. I did gm mining first and had it pretty quick.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, the only reason I want magery is for recall.

You have a limit of 700 skill points.

Once you decide which 7 skills you want, come back to this thread and find the order that they are written in, this will give you a logical order to train your skills in order to optimize gains and save as much ressources as possible.