UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Logical Skill Training Order

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Logical Skill Training Order

What I did here is I went through all the skills in the Knowledge Base UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: Skills and Stats

I tried to imagine where I would train each of the skills in order to be most efficient according to Hybrid's skill gain system and here is what I come up with. It might vary a little bit from one person to another, and there is a few skills I had no idea where to place due to the fact that I never trained them, have no idea how hard they are. So if anyone has a suggestion about them, let me know and I'll move them.

This can be usefull for new players that have acquired some ressources and want to get on building a character, it will offer them a fairly logical order to work with. Keep in mind this is based on a personal opinion, but all in all, it should be a good general guideline.

Animal Taming (time consuming)
Blacksmithing (ressource consuming)
Carpentry (ressource consuming)
Tailoring (ressource consuming)
Tinkering (usefull for training of any crafting skill)
Bowcraft/Fletching (ressource consuming)
Cartography (ressource consuming)
Inscription (along Meditation)
Poisoning (time and ressource consuming)
Magery & Meditation (ressource consuming)
Alchemy (ressource consuming, but kegs are good to have anyway)
Lockpicking (see posts below)
Resisting Spell (ressource consuming)
Archery (time and ressource consuming)
Provocation (time consuming)
Discordance (time consuming)
Peacemaking (time consuming)
Hiding (time consuming)
Stealth (easy to macro)
Lumberjacking
Parrying
Mace Fighting
Swordsmanship
Fencing
Wrestling
Tactics
Fishing (time consuming)
Tracking (time consuming)
Veterinary (easy to macro)
Healing (easy to macro)
Stealing (easy to macro)
Mining (makes money while you train, no need to rush)
Herding (easy to macro)
Anatomy (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Snooping (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Musicmanship (will most likely be trained before along with another bard skill)
Item Identification (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Arms Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Spirit Speak (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Detect hidden (easy to macro)
Evaluate Intelligence (very easy to macro & gm overnight)
Animal Lore (very easy to macro & gm overnight)

Unknown

-Remove traps
-Taste Identification
-Camping
-Forensic Evaluation
-Cooking
-Begging

sqbox

Sorceror
Re: Logical Skill Training Order

peacemaking goes with musicianship since you can macro both at the same time.

I'm not sure why you have lockpicking as #1 when it's afk macroable and it's relatively cheap (you'll be making hundreds if not thousands of lockpicks with tinerking skill), I would place that right above or below tactics.

I usually do lockpicking as my 4th or 5th skill when making Treasure hunter after taming, cartography, magery, resist etc....

Just use the wkstrm, kdivers razor macro on 2 lockable boxes (1 made at 50%skill, 2nd made at 70 or 80% skill... you don't need 20-40boxes or every 10% skill level)

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/21142-comprehensive-guide-skills-skill-gain-26.html

use item type lockpick
wait for target
absolute target (box)
pause .5seconds
If sysmessage: you pick the lock
dbl click key (or is it use item?, I don't remember and I'm at work so I can't check)
wait for target
absoulte target
end if
if wieght <or= (your wiehgt hwen you have 50 lockpicks)
restock agent here
end if

wkstrm

Lord

sqbox;1790414 said:
Just use the wkstrm, kdivers razor macro on 2 lockable boxes (1 made at 50%skill, 2nd made at 70 or 80% skill... you don't need 20-40boxes or every 10% skill level)

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/21142-comprehensive-guide-skills-skill-gain-26.html

Yey, I'm mentioned. :D

But yes, lockpicking is pretty easy to train. I'd put it lower down on the list. The last 5.0 points are easy as well since all you need to do is to join factions and die a couple of times.

MadeInQuebec

Fishing and Lockpicking has been moved.

Keep comments going, this was just base on personal view and I will try to portrait most people's feeling into this list.

Symptom

Wanderer

I would say muscianship should be above anatomy due to it using intruments to train and it takes about 4 - 5 seconds to use the skill. Anatomy only takes 1 second to re-use. Eval is the same as Anatomy.....takes about 1 second to re-use so move it down too.

Let's not forget animal lore also....1 second.

MadeInQuebec

Symptom;1790700 said:
I would say muscianship should be above anatomy due to it using intruments to train and it takes about 4 - 5 seconds to use the skill. Anatomy only takes 1 second to re-use. Eval is the same as Anatomy.....takes about 1 second to re-use so move it down too.

Let's not forget animal lore also....1 second.

I've put it low because chances are people will never raise it alone, and if they do its because they will do musicmanship before doing other bard skills, and I cannot possibly put it that high ;)

Jam-hybrid

Knight

Tracking is easy to macro overnight at any crowded area, I'd rank it the same as hiding since theres a 10 sec delay in using the skill.

I'm not sure but isn't tinkering cheaper in cost/resources than smithing or carpentry? I think it should be lower on the list.

sqbox

Sorceror

Lol, I just realized I never got past 94.8 on lockpicking so you were right to rank it #1 or pretty high although I did gain that as 3rd or 5th skill.... if you have to join factions/killyourself to gain the last 5% then it deserve to be ranked higher.

MadeInQuebec

Jam-hybrid;1792031 said:
Tracking is easy to macro overnight at any crowded area, I'd rank it the same as hiding since theres a 10 sec delay in using the skill.

I'm not sure but isn't tinkering cheaper in cost/resources than smithing or carpentry? I think it should be lower on the list.

I've put it above because having tinkering to make your own tools when you train blacksmith and carpentry is very usefull. Thus why I believe it should be done before the other ones.

Raab Himself

Sorceror

Doc Martin;1788968 said:
Very nice, but i think fishing may be ranked to high. You can afk train it as long as you let the fish drop at your feet to decay.

wrong sir, i got jailed and my boat deleted for afk fishing and dropping it at my feet for 10 minutes. you must be at keyboard

MadeInQuebec

-Covenant-;1825246 said:
wrong sir, i got jailed and my boat deleted for afk fishing and dropping it at my feet for 10 minutes. you must be at keyboard

Yea I've heard that happening to someone else too not long ago. But that one got jailed for 24 hrs

Swayback

Sorceror

cooking is easy, just use restocking agent and cook a single fish steak at a time.Id say it is mildly time consuming
camp raise realy fast and there is no time-out on clicking twigs but obtaining them can be somwhat difficult either from a provisioner or using or dagger on a tree. camping is the perfect stats trainer.

Doc Martin;1788968 said:
Very nice, but i think fishing may be ranked to high. You can afk train it as long as you let the fish drop at your feet to decay.

i have been jailed by GMs Banshee and Lynn more than once for macroing fishing and lumberjacking using a macro that drops the resources at your feet. reason: it is still considered afk resources gathering. i didn't bother arguing the point

MiQ you continue to add quality to the forums everyday. keep it up good job on this guide. i know i will be using it

Stides40oz

Knight

how are you gona tell someone to train wrestling before stealth??? ur guides messed up!

MadeInQuebec

Stides;1826823 said:
how are you gona tell someone to train wrestling before stealth??? ur guides messed up!

I dont think it is, I trained stealth twice at different times in characters, and even as a 6th skill it's still hella fast, always got done within a few hours of macroing.

-Covenant-;1825246 said:

FULLYAwakuna matata;1826042 said:
i have been jailed by GMs Banshee and Lynn more than once for macroing fishing and lumberjacking using a macro that drops the resources at your feet. reason: it is still considered afk resources gathering. i didn't bother arguing the point

MiQ you continue to add quality to the forums everyday. keep it up good job on this guide. i know i will be using it

I deleted my post, It apparently was bad info. I'm curious though, were you pulling up serps or were you just fishing off the shore? If you were fishing off the shore you will not fish up serps, but if you were in a boat and you were fishing up serps I could see why that would be considered farming.

I found fishing relatively quick to GM - set up a macro to fish in one spot but 3 different locations (as far upstream as I could cast, as far downstream ditto and right in front of me). Repeat macro until all area empty. Move to another part of town. Repeat.

Did this in about 4 different blocks from 60 to GM in a couple of hours or so while I was working on something else with a different character.

Just my 2p.

:)

EDIT: actually, looking again more carefully at the list, I'd say you've got it about right in the list. I'll leave my method there just in case it helps somebody. Nice list though, thanks. :)

-Balir-

Wanderer

I guess resist is 'resource consuming', but if you already have a GM mage for example, and are trying to train resist on a non-mage char, then its much simpler than starting a GM mage macro.

Just 1 char casting FS, and either the same char casting heals the target, or target heals itself.

Plus hiding is like middle table there, and all you need for that is razor and several hours to go do something else (absolutely no resource whatsoever!)