UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Is this a bug? Actual/Real skill

RickTheBrick

Traveler
Hey everyone, sorry for the noobish question (just started playing UO again after so many years), but I recently used a +10 scroll for meditation and noticed that when I used it, my "actual" resisting spells skill had gone down, but when I click on the "show real" button, it's a lot higher. (Currently, my "real" skill is at 74.7, whereas my "actual" skill is sitting at 40.7)

So is this normal, or is it some kind of bug, and is it going to effect my resistance of spells at all?

Your raw or show real resist is what you have worked it to. There are several things that can lower this to your effective resist. For instance evil omen and protection will lower your resist. In both of these instances, yes, your ability to resist is lowered, as are the elemental resists it affects.

RickTheBrick

Traveler
Hmm, I'm still not really understanding. I guess the reason I'm so confused about it is because all my other skills, the "actual" skill is higher than the "real" skill, and that's the way I remember it being when I played back in the day on OSI. Also because I had the arrow pointed up on my resist.