UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I'm sure this gets posted all the time, but...

ubahfo

Wanderer
Howdy,

I played UO religiously from around 2000 until shortly after AoS released. I know a lot about the UOR and pre-UOR era, but I am just completely lost with all of this AoS and ML stuff. I have done some research and found some builds that I want to try out, which is all good and seems pretty exciting to try out some of the new skills.

My question, though, is about all of the new item stats! It's just a complete system shock to me when I look at weapons / armor / jewelery now.
What makes an item worthless? worth 100k? worth 1000k?

I made myself a tamer so I can make some gold, which is working rather well for me, but with all of these jewelery / weapon / armor drops, I just don't know what's something that is worth keeping and what I should let rot on the corpse.

Is there a bit of a cheatsheet I can use to know if an item is great or if an item is bunk?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Loler

Page
Its hard to pin down the stats that are super good cause theres so many combinations. Prices vary dramatically even 1-2% intensities can make an item go from 500k to 5kk or from 5kk to 50kk.

For jewels you are mostly looking for 3 mod jewels that match.
hci dci di ep lmc all match dexxer jewels emphasis on stuff like hci di ep. or hci dci ep.

for caster jewels you are looking for
1 fc, 2fcr, ep sdi dci lmc lrc +skill points (useful pvp skills usually necro/mage/eval/resist/anat/chiv/etc.)

tactics mage jewels
1fc(minimum) 3 fcr(minimum). pretty much all tact mage jewels must have these 2 starting mods then 10+ hci or 10+ dci.
after that the price goes up dramatically if it has 5 sdi or 25 ep. and then once again it goes up alot if it has one or both of the previous mods or as a 5th mod damage increase/useful skill bonus/lrc/resist/lmc.

most looted armor is almost always automatically going to be worthless with the possible exception to a 100 luck mage armor lrc lmc piece thats enhanacble with gold ingots or spined.

and most looted weapons are going to be pretty much worthless with exception too.
cleavers/butcher knifes. looking for tactics mage or dexxer versions. 3 + useful mods.
or sc-0 -mageskill 1 handed weapons. with hitspell or dci.

only shields worth anything that can be looted now are shields sc-0 15 dci. (these are only worth 500k-2kk max)

legend.
HCI hit chance increase
DCI defense chance increase.
DI damage increase
EP enhance potions
FC faster casting
FCR faster cast recovery
SDI spell damage increase
LRC lower reagent cost
LMC lower mana cost
sc-0 spell channeling no penalty(this is a spell channeling weapon with -1 faster casting)

ubahfo

Wanderer
Okay that list makes some sense to me.

I looted a ring the other day with +9 archery, 23 di and 25 ep. It doesn't have HCI so would that mean it's not gonna be worth too much? Or does it make it worth something because of how high the stats rolled?

Loler

Page
Wouldnt be worth much unless someone specfically needed that for a char. This is the kind of jewel i would keep and put in a box but never look to actively sell. If someone posted on forums they were looking for it id check my stash and figure out a number.

ubahfo

Wanderer
Wouldnt be worth much unless someone specfically needed that for a char. This is the kind of jewel i would keep and put in a box but never look to actively sell. If someone posted on forums they were looking for it id check my stash and figure out a number.
Thanks, that's what I kind of figured with this ring as well, which is why I had it stashed away in one of my many chests.

You've been a big help, thanks again!

suiris

Sorceror
When talking about armors and weapons the crafting system here is way superior to loot. I personally think it is not worth even checking all the trash weapons and armor that drops as loot. Even if you get 3-4 mod weapon it will be hard to get a good price for it as it is a lot easier to get decent weapon with gold hammer or Yew carpenter tool.

Jewels are another story, with few exceptions the majority of the jewels used by players are found as loot. Loler has provided pretty good summary above.

I will add the following:

Jewels can get from 1-5 props ( there are still few 6 mods jewels in game).

Each prop can roll with different intensity, you should keep jewels that have at least 3 mods with more than 70% intensity that could match a template.

Damage increace/DI - rolls from 1-25 on jewels.
Hit chance / HCI - rolls from 1-15 on jewels.
Def chance /DCI - rolls from 1-15 on jewels.
Fast cast / FC - rolls only 1 on jewels.
Fast cast recovery /FCR -rolls from 1-3 on jewels.
Lower mana cost /LMC - rolls from 1-8 on jewels.
Lower reagent cost/LRC - rolls from 1-20 on jewels.
Spell damage increase/SDI - rolls from 1-12 on jewels.
Enhance potions/EP - rolls from 5-25 and increments by 5.
Skill bonus - rolls from 1-15
Resist bonus - rolls from 1-15

Let me know if you need any start LRC suit (if you have 100 LRC you don't need regs to cast).

ubahfo

Wanderer
Thanks for some good hard numbers for me to reference, suiris!

I have a full LRC suit now that someone was very kind enough to give to me. I wish I would have made note of his name but I seemed to have forgotten. Thanks for the offer, though!

pimpineasy

Sorceror
I would save all bucklers and turn them into Brit library warrior. If you buy all ingots at 5gp (npc price) reading lenses cost like 4.4 million gold to make instead of 12m gold up front. so by the time your ready to suit up a dexxer you could of offset the price a bit by mining and looting bucklers.

Last edited:

Loler

Page
or you can just buy bucklers from npcs and turn them in and the glasses cost like 2.6kk Being as you can buy 999 bucklers and turn them in about 10 faster then you can craft 999 bucklers and turn its probably better that way.