UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I Want To Take A Poll

Pont

Knight
Hmmmm I think someones up to something, I just found a sash on the floor at Makoto Bank......Green.....crafted by 'StanLee'.

Oaks

Knight
What's wrong with being a trampy and the few hours a week you log in are spend on decorating your house.

In my case it's just opening a chest, look at the random crap in it, move chest two tiles, repeat a few times with other chests, get fed up and log out again. I also have a bare dirt plot from 2009 as a silent reminder that I'm lazy.

Sometimes I do feel like I'm playing Barbie's Dollhouse Online though. But it's like fishing, quite relaxing.

Oaks

Knight
And I completely forgot what the actual thread was about.

edit: bad is shite cos im in it. no standards obviously!

IRC is boring it takes hours for anyone to reply to anything ! cause its just idle in everyones background and they check once a day lol.
Well, perhaps if more people would go there, others might be convinced to actually be active more. Most people who just idle there don't pay much attention because "eh, no one talks much there."

BrotherDon

Sorceror
Well, perhaps if more people would go there, others might be convinced to actually be active more. Most people who just idle there don't pay much attention because "eh, no one talks much there."

the decade old irc conundrum thats been around since irc stopped being relevant lol. you guys need to stop being such technophobes with your 15 year old mmos and move to steam atleast, you can have the same pseudo irc chat rooms via community rooms plus tons of other functionality like being able to jump into other games with people, it also replicates AIM/ICQ, and of course the real point is the deals on digital distribution games. but thats enough of my plugging steam until valve starts paying me for my advertisements!

It's not really technophobia: each and every modern chat system is based on IRC. ICQ (the first such widespread IM system) was very much a rip-off of IRC... And AIM was a bit of a rip-off of ICQ. Then came YIM and MSN... And then every single one of those game-tied chats are thinly-veiled versions of IRC. Most modern IRC daemons, in fact, share LESS in common with the original ones than most games' chat server systems.

Stand-alone IRC also has the advantage of not being a resource hog and running slow as crap, so it's fine to run alongside more-intensive applications like games, even with an arbitrary number of networks/channels up. Just because it lacks a dumbed-down GUI consisting entirely of flashy buttons doesn't mean it's not relevant: IRC use appears to still be INCREASING.

Also, Steam is a form of DRM, has privacy issues, and thus automatically gets discounted as a viable communication platform. But then again, so many people use Facebook too... So I guess the "sheep herd" can't be wrong, can they?

BrotherDon

Sorceror
It's not really technophobia: each and every modern chat system is based on IRC. ICQ (the first such widespread IM system) was very much a rip-off of IRC... And AIM was a bit of a rip-off of ICQ. Then came YIM and MSN... And then every single one of those game-tied chats are thinly-veiled versions of IRC. Most modern IRC daemons, in fact, share LESS in common with the original ones than most games' chat server systems.

Stand-alone IRC also has the advantage of not being a resource hog and running slow as crap, so it's fine to run alongside more-intensive applications like games, even with an arbitrary number of networks/channels up. Just because it lacks a dumbed-down GUI consisting entirely of flashy buttons doesn't mean it's not relevant: IRC use appears to still be INCREASING.

Also, Steam is a form of DRM, has privacy issues, and thus automatically gets discounted as a viable communication platform. But then again, so many people use Facebook too... So I guess the "sheep herd" can't be wrong, can they?
i already admitted steam is just irc with more non irc related functionality. its certainly nothing ground breaking or anything, i just like it cause it fills several applications roles by itself, ive got instant messaging and irc covered plus being able to voice chat and join other friends games etc. as for privacy, unless you are going to extremely great lengths to insure it, nothing you do online is private so eh. theres certainly somethings more risky then others but ive been using steam for years and never had any issues, its less intrusive then using a search engine and certainly better then facebook that half the universe uses. but its silly to argue, i jump in irc when im active, and i didnt expect everyone to read my post and have some epipheny and switch to steam or anything.