UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I poisoned a weapon w/ DP and it only applies GP on hit????

Hadez411

Sorceror
Edit: thread title is incorrect. But just read below all the same.

Do I need 120 poisoning skill to poison my weapons with "lethal" poison? Have they changed what level of poison you apply w/ a DP poisoned sword in the last few years?

I just came back to my account years later and I could swear that the weapons I used to poison with 100.00 poison skill and DP potions used to inflict what I read is called "lethal poison". The kind of poison that is hard to cure and takes big chunks out of your health, tells you that your require "immediate aid", "spasming uncontrollably" etc, it was a great time, I used to beat mages into the dirt. Now, it seems to just inflict the shitty kind of poison that is instantly curable with a potion and doesn't take that much HP from a target.

Please inform.

Last edited:

Hadez411

Sorceror
I found this bit of information on Stratics, which seems to point towards what I remember. However, I sat there beating on my friend repeatedly and I really do not see a 75% lvl 5 poison happening.

"
– The power of the poison depends on the type of poison used and your poisoning skill.

With Poisoning skill 0.0 – 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (% chance of level 2)

With Poisoning skill 20.0 – 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (% chance of level 3)

With Poisoning skill 40.0 – 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (% chance of level 4)

With Poisoning skill 60.0 – 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (% chance of level 5)

Example:

– 75 poison skill, deadly poison applied to blade

– You will inflict level 4 poison, but will have a 75% chance that it will bump to Level 5 known as Lethal Poison."

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
You definitely don't need 120 Poisoning! (There aren't even Poisoning power scrolls in AOS.) The type of poison potion you put on the weapon should be exactly the poison you inflict. Also note that there is no "lethal poison" potion. The highest you can apply to a weapon is deadly.