UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I have a Freaky problem.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: I have a Freaky problem.

KoNNaN;1846477 said:
Have you gone back to that spot, or are you scared?

I didn't log on since then. When I went to bed I was still stuck there, so I will try again tonight, but I'll probably use a retarded alt to go there instead of my mains.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I've had this problem multiple times before. There are a couple of possibilities. They're both on your end, and the short of it is that you can fix both of them by uninstalling and reinstalling.

The fact that it's triggered by going to a particular location means there's probably some sort of anomaly in your map file. The fact that it happened to characters on multiple accounts suggests the same thing.

Uninstall and reinstall. You can try backing up your desktop folder to save your macros first, but that might also be the source of the problem.

MadeInQuebec

I guess I wont have any choice.

I tried logging on my character thart has been moved and it is still bugged. My other characters still work just fine tho...

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

In that case, you've got a corrupted file in your desktop folder under that character's name. It might be skillgroup, chardata, macros... so just go ahead and try removing those files.

The directory is something like C:\Program Files\(EA Games)\Ultima Online\desktop\AcctName\UOGamers\CharName

MadeInQuebec

LKP;1847037 said:
In that case, you've got a corrupted file in your desktop folder under that character's name. It might be skillgroup, chardata, macros... so just go ahead and try removing those files.

The directory is something like C:\Program Files\(EA Games)\Ultima Online\desktop\AcctName\UOGamers\CharName

Yea well I had already tried that, and it had failed.

Yesterday I reinstalled and managed to log on my characters, I saved my desktops but I might not actually put them back and just redo my macro's. Most of them are on Razor anyway so there wouldnt be much to do.

I thank everyone for their inputs, I believe I'll be fine now.

you are going to have to have admins move those two chars, i had that happen to me once a long time ago on lake superior. its not a patch issue at all. UO is old. and a bit shotty in places.

after those chars are moved you shouldnt have the problem anymore

but if you dont want to wait for admins, try a full un install

MadeInQuebec

Mighty Boognish;1847297 said:
you are going to have to have admins move those two chars, i had that happen to me once a long time ago on lake superior. its not a patch issue at all. UO is old. and a bit shotty in places.

after those chars are moved you shouldnt have the problem anymore

but if you dont want to wait for admins, try a full un install

One of my character had been moved but it didn't solved the problem.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled tho, so I am fine for now.

honestly ive been shown about 2 spots where i crashed just like this recently. i hate to say this but it may be a razor issue. try and get someone using sallos to log in on your account and walk you out of the area. for some reason it only happens to people using razor. i never use sallos but its installed to get me out of those situations. its happened more since the new things they have done to the shard. i doubt it messed something up but you never know.