UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

i died - why?

killik0r

Traveler
hello,

i started out playing on this server 1 week ago. all cool so far.
i was standing with my gm blacksmith&miner in new haven forging some stuff. not outside, inside town at the anvil and blacksmith npc. then i logged out.
1 day later i log back in and bam i am a ghost and everything is gone. body vanished long ago or someone looted it, i dont know. my bulk rewards and all ingots i mined over the week gone. how is that even possible? that really takes away the fun of playing :(

might a gamemaster help me in such a case?

mantorras

Sorceror
Could have been a number of reasons such as a released pet... npcs sometimes don't call guards, I have seen that happen.
Always logout in a safe area such as your house or at an inn.

SelectThis

Sorceror
The spawn map around New Haven is poorly set up. Monsters very often walk into town and if guards aren't called on them by an NPC or a player then they can attack people. Remember that if you have Young status you log out immediately, but once you lose Young status that it takes 5 minutes (I think) to log out unless you log out in an inn, house or established camp + bedroll. You can be attacked and die during those 5 minutes.

If you need some starting gear let me know and I'll hook you up with some stuff to replace what you lost.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
hello,

i started out playing on this server 1 week ago. all cool so far.
i was standing with my gm blacksmith&miner in new haven forging some stuff. not outside, inside town at the anvil and blacksmith npc. then i logged out.
1 day later i log back in and bam i am a ghost and everything is gone. body vanished long ago or someone looted it, i dont know. my bulk rewards and all ingots i mined over the week gone. how is that even possible? that really takes away the fun of playing :(

There is a lesson to be learned here. Ultima Online is a very dangerous place. Many banks are available throughout the land, and it would be wise to bank valuable items often to prevent something like this to happen again in the future. A game master will not help you in such a case. Hell, game masters have been known to kill players out of bordem :) Safe travels

Xavier

Account Terminated

Not if you died and just didn't get your stuff because you were unattended. Any time you leave your character in game when you are not there, you are taking the risk of losing stuff. Even if it were in your own house - things happen that you wont necessarily expect. I am by no means saying that you are not being honest, but if we started replacing stuff just because someone says they lost stuff - people would be paging over losing two or three ornies an hour, not to mention that losing stuff is a part of game play, hence insurance. We simply can not replace things like that.

BTW, pay Royal Kapero no mind, Im about to go put him back in his cage. :)

Not if you died and just didn't get your stuff because you were unattended. Any time you leave your character in game when you are not there, you are taking the risk of losing stuff. Even if it were in your own house - things happen that you wont necessarily expect. I am by no means saying that you are not being honest, but if we started replacing stuff just because someone says they lost stuff - people would be paging over losing two or three ornies an hour, not to mention that losing stuff is a part of game play, hence insurance. We simply can not replace things like that.

BTW, pay Royal Kapero no mind, Im about to go put him back in his cage. :)
Please leave my best friend only friend royal kapero alone, he best only friend in all world. i do not know world without kapero.

mantorras

Sorceror