UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to make a Tamer in 2 days.

Re: How to make a Tamer in 2 days.

thansk for that guide dude, it really helped me alot.

but i have one adding to the part with ice island, i did taming fully and only by going from jhelom farms to a full t2a round and back to jhelom farms and so on didnt even need polar bears and that other crap, as soon as i was able to tame bulls (was like aroung 70 or 75 dont remember anymore) i just went for bulls sometimes i got like 2% off one until i finnaly could tame it.

Jazerac

Wanderer

GM taming in like 10 hours or less: Start at 50, go to ice island and tame everything in sight, then go to moonglow and tame great harts at 65ish, at around 71-72, i tamed great harts when I saw them, but also tamed bulls and delucia tell 78. From here, go tame great toads tell 88-89. from 78-88 should only take an hour or 2 taming toads around Papua. Once your 88, go to trinsic, tame bulls, have the water ele kill em off for you, rinse and repeat. Seriously, GM taming in less then 10 hours using this guide.

Mrdude

Wanderer

10 hours is very long. i've GM'd taming on 3 chars in just under 4 hours each.

hinds till you can do harts, harts and hinds till bulls. bulls to GM

it goes faster if you tame over a bull that's been tamed at least once. just tell the people at del bulls to rename to a letter and release. when you tame it add your letter and release (use different letters), that way you can see how many times it's been tamed and the difficulty. if there's no one there and you're in the high 90s then don't bother. play another char until you see at least 1 more person taming. also make sure to lock animal lore at 0 and do taming first! there should be no reason taming takes you any more than 4-5 hours.

SHH ITS NOT ME

Sorceror

i agree i just used mana drain then mana vampire and then gated and made cash whil between to gm magery lol just made a tamer mage for someone for 500k did it in 16 hours lol wooohoo easy cash doing alchy mages now lol time to start pving

sp000n

Sorceror

Mrdude;1948410 said:
10 hours is very long ... there should be no reason taming takes you any more than 4-5 hours.

This is a great guide. I'm approaching 10 hours myself because of the competition for bulls and a marked penchant reds have for visiting popular taming spots.

sssuuu

Knight

sp000n;1967187 said:
This is a great guide. I'm approaching 10 hours myself because of the competition for bulls and a marked penchant reds have for visiting popular taming spots.

Go for Giant Bull frogs after 75 I believe...they work way better then bulls and far less competition...

*Rides away on an emu*

Dreakon

Wanderer

Is this guide good to follow? I'm not really new to the game, but I'm pretty much completely new to taming and attempting to make a mage...

Would like a little guidance lol.

War2.0

Sorceror

Dreakon;1968441 said:
Is this guide good to follow? I'm not really new to the game, but I'm pretty much completely new to taming and attempting to make a mage...

Would like a little guidance lol.

Yeah, it's accurate information. I just used it to make a tamer, was pretty easy to gain.

The only tip I would suggest to use is Sssuuu's tip...tame the large bullfrogs after 75 (real skill).

Falstaf

Wanderer

old thread, but i just thought of a pretty good idea with a taming macro. Your aware that taming a pet you have already released does not increase skill right? Well, there is a loophole here. If the creature you released is retrained by another tamer, then you not only gain skill taming it again, but it is also harder (and therefore more failures=more skill up).

So, why not macro a [select closest grey/animal, tame, release, repeate] with TWO tamers macroing the same farm (like jhelom farms, or bulls, or whatever). Theoretically, since the herds move, you will fall into an equilibrium of recycling targets.

Wouldn't this work?

you could test it buy pulling the cow into an enclosed area like your house. make the macro and test it but if your positive of the gains then yes it would make it harder. a good test would be the swampys because they help you gain alot towards the end only goof if your already up there though.

gOoBLiN

Wanderer

eventually the animal would be untamable. therefore no gains..

not sure whether you would hit 100 taming before it becomes untamable, though i doubt it.

MPtasznik

Wanderer

Falstaf;2003090 said:
old thread, but i just thought of a pretty good idea with a taming macro. Your aware that taming a pet you have already released does not increase skill right? Well, there is a loophole here. If the creature you released is retrained by another tamer, then you not only gain skill taming it again, but it is also harder (and therefore more failures=more skill up).

So, why not macro a [select closest grey/animal, tame, release, repeate] with TWO tamers macroing the same farm (like jhelom farms, or bulls, or whatever). Theoretically, since the herds move, you will fall into an equilibrium of recycling targets.

Wouldn't this work?

Short answer NO.

If you are trying to have faster, easier, better taming macro. However what it would do it train two tamers at the same for just a little more time and effort. Pets can only be tamed twice before they become untameable.

EXAMPLE
Tamer A would tame Bull A(1st) then Tamer B would tame Bull A(2nd) Tamer A,B will no longer gain on Bull A. The fact that Tamer B would have more fails then Tamer A means he will gain more but if Tamer A and Tamer B both have equal times of being first to tame then they will both have same average fails and a slight skill gain over solo training.

This info is based on personal experience. My 1st char was a tamer I only got up 96.3 Taming (need for WW) and then I GM'd Lore,Resist-Magery-Med,Music,Peace in that order (Mistake big time but noob then) Later I decided to build another Tamer using this guide and when 2nd char got to bulls I had idea to finish GM taming on my 1st char. I tried to macro it but failed to do what I wanted. Everything worked well and I was having lots of fails, but no skill gains. There was no message that animal was untameable but I never tamed one for 3rd time or gained skills. I ended up setting up a peace macro with 1st Char (I hate chasing toads around) and would tame with 2nd char. release, then tame with 1st char, release and kill with my WW. This worked well for my needs. Funny thing is that my 2nd char GM'd taming from 50 as first skill before 1st char did from 97 as his last skill.

Moodles

Traveler

Right on the money with your method, 6hrs in I've gone from 50 to 97.x on my first tamer.

Falrish

Sorceror

This guide works pretty good. Magery will take some cash to move up, however, once I get high enough Mark and Gate will be my money making friend. I GMed Taming in about 4 hours of play with this guide. Next is Magery, Resist and Meditation.
Trinsic is the way to go for ones taming from 75+ as the bulls and eles are the best route for this.

ZBeeblebrox

Sorceror

I can vouch for this guide being effective. Just made one and finished in roughly 4 days. I made the HUGE mistake of raising my skill cap to 700 before I began training though, and as a result Resist took INSANELY long, even with 3 casters. I went through at LEAST 50k gold worth of Mana vamp regs before she GMed. Taming took far less time to GM than Resist, and was actually fairly easy even at the skill cap.

krashd

Wanderer

Nifty guide, worked for me. Though I left resist unlocked and got from 50 - 52.3 just from mobs and reds harassing me as I tamed. Every little resist helps :)