UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How To Backup Razor Macros?

Maharajji

Sorceror
I fumbled with my last system recovery and failed to save the correct razor files needed to keep my old macros, so for the last two days, i've been slowly rebuilding, and I'm almost up to par.

However, to prevent this loss of time from happening again, how do I backup my razor macros?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Hey guys I haven't tried this yet through appdata but will this save the macros made under razors default profile? I have a bad habit of not making a profile just setting everything under default.. But none of the macros show up as a file in the razor macros folder UNLESS I remake the macros under a saved profile :/ I have way to many made under default to wana bother remaking them now lol any help is apriceated and ill check the appdata folder and see if I can find em but let me know if there's another way because they have to be somewhere lol they are in my list everyone I restart my client.

Maharajji

Sorceror
When I asked this before, I wasn't planning on utilizing the information for a while...

sorry to resurrect this mods, but i'm having some trouble finding the file or files to backup on Windows 7. Can't start my mare business up again until I fix this. YIKES!

Anyone know where to go and what to backup for a Windows 7 User? I've done a search for "appdata" and "%AppData%", looked in the razor file, and looked in the "User" section for a similar file to what people were explaining.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
You want to grab all the files in your ultima online data folder that contains spell tabs for each character its in your my documents folder. Copy your entire uo directory and razor directory's I believe the only thing u may have trouble restoring from this bckup is razors default account macros.. Like if u never made a razor profile and just made all your macros/hotkeys under default u may have to redo them.. I didn't backup my app data folder and restoring those files worked for me anyway on win 7 but I'd try and find the app data folder just incase. I put all these files into an external hard drive and could launch the game off the external so that's my 2 cents anyway I'd just make sure u remember where each folder was when u copied them and put em back when u reinstall your os

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Lol I just realized the one thing I wasn't able to do with my backup was prob the thing you can't find? Razor macro backups? Idk I personally am lazy and always make my macros under razors default profile and from what I can tell it doesn't save the macros u make in default. Well doesn't save them in the razor macro folder but I guess somewhere.. Maybe app data folder is where lol.. I'll try and see if I can find my app data folder in win 7 and update here with its location.

KoNNaN

Knight
winxp or windows 7 just paste %AppData%/Razor/ into the run on xp or search programs and files on the win7 start menu and it will open the right location. All of your profiles including default are in the profile folder in appdata. Macros are in the macro folder.