UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How I macro'd provo from 30-gm in less than a day

Marmite

Wanderer
More experienced players will know about this, but for a newer player I hope this is useful.

Going to keep it short. Its pretty easy. I managed to do it in much less than a day. I'm also at the skill cap from maxing it to train my stats, so it may be quicker if you aren't. Its pretty quick anyway.

Ensure you have enough instruments on you as they will break! 10 or so will do.

Set a razor macro that goes something like this -
  • Double click instrument (convert to D-type so it will play new ones as they break - also ensure they are all the same type - lap harps are cheapest)
  • wait 2 seconds
  • Use skill provoke
  • Wait for target (set timeout at 2 seconds)
  • Absolute target (this can be re-targeted as you level up) *First target*
  • Wait for target (set timeout at 2 seconds)
  • Absolute target (this can be re-targeted as you level up) *Second target*
  • Pause 8 seconds
Then just let this run - simple as that.

My training order was as follows-
  • 0-30 I bought it from a bard
  • 30-55 - Bulls in Delucia
  • 55-65 - Ogres and Ettins
  • 65-100 - Ogre Lords or you could try wyverns on wyvern island

It will shoot up pretty fast. You will also gain musicianship at the same time.

A few tips before you start -
  • Make sure the animals you are provoking cannot attack each other! You don't want one to die as this will mess up your macro.
  • A good idea is to find a locating where the animals spawn where they can be on each side of a river. You can then plop a boat between them and be completely safe.
  • I have found that if you go to things like ogre lords, or harder monsters, straight away you wont see any gains.
All in all id say that to gm my provoke it cost me about 1000gp (I don't have a crafter so i had to buy the instruments).

Ill add up some images of spots to go soon.

Hope this helps somebody.

Last edited:

Seelendolch

Wanderer
Hmmmm.... does provoking zombies till around 75/80 then rotting corpse from outside graveyard not work here? or just slower? just curious as I am new to this server