UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How do I tame a mare?

Epileptick

Wanderer
How do I tame a mare?

I am dying alot....:(
The only thing I can think of is summon to distract the mare but he's too pissed by then and he kills the daemon right away...

Here's the template I have to work with:

Animal Lore 100
Animal Taming 100
Poisoning 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Eval 100
Resist 100

...Hence I cannot peace.

Is it a lost cause? Should I just poison some ogre lords and save up to buy my own?

L

Luigi

Re: How do I tame a mare?

not to be mean or anything but, WTF U HAVE NO VET AND U HAVE POISONINS?

Epileptick

Wanderer

You aren't mean.
I have poison so I can poison things by casting poison.
I can DP monsters and walk away and let them die while I DP another one. I make money fast and don't use many regs.

Because I am a mage I can cast heal on my pets. I cannot res them...but the bennifits of casting DP outwieghed the trouble of having somone else res my pet when it dies.

I wasn't aware that vet gives you more stable space. So I was thinking of trading my resist for vet. What do you think?

I still need my question answered though....pweeze :p

- epi

slowjeep

Sorceror

i would suggest making friends with a peacer or even hiring a peacer to help you. even at 100 taming, mares can be stubborn to tame. or you can buy one of mine for 20k.

JDsengir

Wanderer

Epileptick said:
Because I am a mage I can cast heal on my pets. I cannot res them...but the bennifits of casting DP outwieghed the trouble of having somone else res my pet when it dies.

- epi

Trust me when I say this, the benefits of of vet is out of this world. If you are a pvper then your template is fine, if you are a PvM person get vet!

As for taming a mare, cast ev and dispel it when their health is low, it is much easier to tame them that way. It takes at most 2 ev's to take them down and they hardly ever dispel.

you can also use para field and tame them that way. Peacemaking helps for sure! But nightmare is easily tamed without it, if you plan a little. If you still need help pm me.

Epileptick

Wanderer

Thanks for the advice man, I really appriceate it.

I'll be pm'ing you though because im very noobish with this template. :)

- epi

calaxa

Wanderer

Epileptick,

Where are you trying to tame the mare? If the spawn is true to OSI, the easiest place to tame a mare would be teraphan keep on the feluccia facet. They spawn outside where there is open space to allow you to para-tame/lead tame without the need for peace. On the trammel facet, they spawn in pretty tight quarters along with the drakes and ophidians. I agree with JDsengir in saying that you should bring down the health of the mare before attempting to tame. Two reasons for this: Their breath dmg is directly related to their health as well as their walking speed. You could use your current mount (I assume you have a unicorn or ki-rin since you can tame mares) to weaken the mare instead of using EVs but either one should work fine.

xaxas

Wanderer

just precast explosion, run, drop, run back, precast another, run, drop & so on until its low on health. And by low I mean really low, something like less than 1/10. Then either para-field it or trap it in X energy fields so that it cant kill you when it gets angry and tame it. Or ask someone to tame one for you, you might get lucky.

Btw probably the best place to tame a nm is the kirin pass in ilsh. There is a nm spawn and the only other monster that is close is an acid elemental which you can easilly kill with a couple of EV-s.

Ripa

Sorceror

Best pace to tame mares is right next to Doom entrance.

I have tamed one today for a guy I did not even meet before, took me like 1 minute.

Epileptick

Wanderer

JD helped me IMMENSLEY!
I got 2 mares (1 pure black) and a WW now. I have gotten my mare that I am not keeping in the stables to bond, killed a couple times so I go back to ish pass which is a killer place because there is always a nice peacer there to help out :)

I can't wait for my pets to bond so I can start training them and attempting some serious loot. Just after 2 days I have enough for a house. But im going to save up more and get a big house.

Oh and for all you guys that don't agree with poisoning in my template? Say that after I put up a poison field and lure 4 drags through it at daemon temple to me mare and WW....(they are ALL half dead my the time they get to my boys). I am so happy with my template its not even funny.

wahoo!

- epi

EKiN

Knight

Im probably not adding much to this but my advice is to just be patient and to change your temp... peace is essential as far as i am concerned.

and if you are a mage.tamer you could probably squeeze by without vet but damn its nice to have mage and vet... so ya that my two cents. G'luck

olej

Wanderer

Tamer without vet.... Just wait till you will must stay at luna and beg to someone res your pet...

Regards.

PePe

Wanderer

I have poison so I can poison things by casting poison.
I can DP monsters and walk away and let them die while I DP another one. I make money fast and don't use many regs.

- epi[/QUOTE]
If you go head to head with a monster that poison does not effect, (which is normally a mean ugly one) your cooked. Get your vet 110 or better and you will stand to make much more money and better idems too.

_Icaro

Wanderer

dark forest, on Umbra (Malas).. I tame one on felluca cave, and I mark one rune for location.. but this no spawn more :confused: :( :confused:

PePe

Wanderer

Epileptick said:
I am dying alot....:(
The only thing I can think of is summon to distract the mare but he's too pissed by then and he kills the daemon right away...

Here's the template I have to work with:

Animal Lore 100
Animal Taming 100
Poisoning 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Eval 100
Resist 100

...Hence I cannot peace.

Is it a lost cause? Should I just poison some ogre lords and save up to buy my own?
Man, if you have to have poisoning, drop resist get so good armour pieces and get VET. I wouldn't rez your pets if your that stupid to be a tamer and not have vet.

Raptor

Wanderer

Yea, I cannot imagine why would a tamer need resist. And vet is a must dude, you just CANNOT go without vet.

Also a nice place for taming nightmares is the kirin passage in ilshendar. There is a nm spawn at the end of it. I tamed mine there today and the respawn time is pretty fast which is good if you want to kill them until a really *nice* one appears.

Raptor

Wanderer

Kirin passage can be reached if you go through honesty gate, then head immediately in west or north-west direction through some mountains and valleys past the entrance to the wisp dungeon. Go that way until you reach a swamp, then head west along the mountains and you will find a passage leading inside the mountain area to the south of you. Follow it and you will find the entrance to kirin passage. Eh sorry if my explanations are abit blurry, but it is quite a long way to go. If you know where is the lizardmen village with the secret AW lair reachable through the small cave well there is the kirin passage entrance, just to the south of it. Also accessable through ankh dungeon, see the link: Ankh dungeon, kirin pass maps