UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how do i fix my UO automap

how do i fix my UO automap

my client always crashes when i open my uo automap, but only when im in party. i know someone said u have to download some other version. can someone tell me site to go to. thanks.

Re: how do i fix my UO automap

alright, so i went to uo cartographer website, and dl'ed the files for UO Cartographer 0.9, but i dont know which files to replace in the uo directory. also, i want to be able to see members that i'm partied with in game, and i dont know if uo cartopgrapher would be the right choice for this. i have version 7.0.1 i think. Is there anything that i could do to correct my client crashing everytime i open UoAutomap, when im "ONLY" in party. it works all the other times, if im not partied. please haaaalp!! :/

Mara

Knight

I thought the problem with the client crashing when you open the Razor positioning system while in a party was fixed a while back, and that it had to do with what patch you were at. I figure that was what you are talking about since I never heard of the client crashing because of UO Automap. I currently use patch 6.0.14.3, as suggested by Addicted a while back, and I don't really have any problems out there.

Here is the UO Hybrid link if you want to reinstall and try a different patch. You may need to use the second download option to get a client that starts in the 6's. If you are going to do a partial patch (cancelling the patching process when you want instead of allowing it to patch fully), remember to delete any files that are left over in the patch folder of your UO directory. When you cancel out of the patching process, these files are only partials, and they will screw up the patching process if you decide to patch further down the road (requiring a full reinstall to patch farther).

UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: How do I join UOG: Hybrid?

Here is an old post about UO Automap though, if that is what you want to try to reinstall and get going. People have issues setting that up, especially if they are patched into the sevens. Hopefully the post, and links in the post, explain well enough what you need to do to get UOAutomap working if that is what you want. I haven't tried UO Cartographer.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/questions-answers/210332-can-anyone-fix-uoam-screenshot.html

mara, ty for ur assistance. for sum reason i cant get the automap to work efficiently while in party. i'm thinking i need to un-install, and just patch to right below the 7's. just hate doing it that way, seems like im accepting defeat. really want to figure this out. :[

so i have uo automap downloaded and working, just need a link to the missing files. cant find them. ty.

Mara

Knight

Just to be clear, is it UO Automap that you are having trouble with or is it Razor's UO positioning system? UO Automap is the separate program, while Razor's UO positioning system is what you open on the Razor General Tab when you click Open UO Positioning System.

I have not heard of people having issues with UO Automap because they were in a party, but I'm usually by myself so I'm not sure. I would generally experience problems with Razor's UO positioning system when I was patched all the way (at the time I think it was 7.0.2 or something) when I entered Capture The Flag events because it would automatically put me in a Party and I usually have Razor's UO Autopositioning System open. I thought that they fixed this problem with Razor though.

Mara

Knight

I just double-checked Razor's UO Positioning system while in a Party and it appears to be working fine for me at patch 6.0.14.3 of the client, in case you decide to go that route.

alright, so i went to the runuo site that shindig linked. that helped me get it back to working. i had to go into program files, and reset all my security to administrator on the user name i use on my pc on all the files/subfiles of razor. also have to run as administrator everytime i open a new client of razor. ty mara for ur help. i hope ur a girl, cus i wanna kiss ya. if ur a dood, ill slap u on the ass, and tell ya "GOOD GAME" :D