UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

House Storage

Bama

Bug Huntress
I might be missing something really simple here but this doesn't make sense to me.

When you are at the house storage limit in this case 586 you can not add an item to an existing item.
I tried to add 1 iron ingot to a container with iron ingots already in there and I got a system message saying this action would exceed the storage limit
I can understand that happening if I put that 1 ingot in a different container in the house but not adding it to an existing pile of ingots M Ledbetter_7-8_06.53.jpgM Ledbetter_7-8_06.53-1.jpgM Ledbetter_7-8_06.53-3.jpgM Ledbetter_7-8_06.54.jpg

I suppose adding an item to existing item (if item is stackable) won't raise the count of storage used by secure containers... right?

Yes thank you

So a stackable item which goes in the same kind of item (so just raising the amount) won't raise the number of items in the house
Yet if the house limit is reached we have the denial message

mytilus

Sorceror
I haven't looked for it yet but it seems to me that when you try to add an item to a container the code checks to see if you are at your storage limit and if you are at the limit then you are blocked from moving the item. There must not be any check to see if the item will actually increase your storage or not.

A fix would need to check the secure container for a stack of items of the same type and make sure the items you were adding would not exceed 60k limit for the item stack...

This could be simplified some if the limit was removed and you were allowed to have infinite stacks of items, but I don't know if this is even possible =[