UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Help creating a Paladin template

Sir Tristan

Wanderer
Help creating a Paladin template

I've been playing Ultima for a relatively short time, and could use some pointers on creating a succesful PvM and/or PvP character. I've been doing ok PvM but i've only won 2 of 6 PvP battles. Mages are having there way with me.

My current template is:

110 Swords
110 Tactics-on the way to 115
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
90 Chivalry
90 Focus
100 Parry

90 Stength/100 Dexterity/35 Intelligence

hiei36

Wanderer
Since you said PVP... Paladins aren't excatly the best, but that's not important, anyway...

You don't have Resisting Spells, which means Mages can freely Poison/Paralyze/Curse, etc... you like no tomorrow... That might be why Mages are killing you that easily...

110 Swords
110 Tactics-on the way to 115
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
90 Chivalry
90 Focus
100 Parry

As a matter of fact, they can just Paralyze/Explosion or Mind Blast you to death...

i would drop parry, and get magic resist instead.
then i would get gm focus, for the gm focus bonus (+20% mana regen)
and u dont need your chiv that high, since enemy of one, and the other cool abilities dosent work in pvp. Train a little with a friend, and u figure out what works and what dosent :)

so the template i reccoment is somthing like (for pvp that is)

100 magic resist.
100 focus
100 ana
100 healing
110 sword
115 tact
54.9 point in chiv.
20.1 detect hidden ( always nice to have if a mage goes invisiable, then u can reveal them)

for stats i would reccoment.
90 str, 90 dex, 45 int..
more int = more mana for special moves.

oh well just my 25' øre

Sir Tristan

Wanderer
The need for magic resist to protect against explosion would explain why i got destroyed the other day by a red using explosion. A buddy of mine who's been playing longer told me I didn't really need magic resist. Guess he was off on that one. Also that's a very good point about needing more focus to use my special abilities. Thanks for the tips.

qweazdak

Wanderer
you dont need resist if youre not doing PvP. i personally dropped resist in favor of parry because i made a paladin strictly for pvm.

on a side note. this is not the right place to post this thread. this is the roleplaying forum!

Sir Tristan said:
The need for magic resist to protect against explosion would explain why i got destroyed the other day by a red using explosion.

I didnt think MR did a great deal if anything against Direct Spells as in Explosion, EB etc.

Its changed?

hiei36

Wanderer
Resisting Spells will not do anything against direct damage spell such as Explosion, Energy Bolt, etc. The only thing it does is try to prevent you from being paralyzed, poisoned, etc. However, if your resist in any of the five types is lower than 40, having GM Resisting Spells will make it 40.

Warrior are no so good for Play UOSE now, they are no weak by Useing Sword or Fencing or Mace. But if u useing Archery, and have a high dex, u will be ok to fight with a Mage... :D

myronmonroe

Wanderer
Sir Tristan said:
The need for magic resist to protect against explosion would explain why i got destroyed the other day by a red using explosion. A buddy of mine who's been playing longer told me I didn't really need magic resist. Guess he was off on that one. Also that's a very good point about needing more focus to use my special abilities. Thanks for the tips.

Magic Resist has absolutely nothing to do with any Direct Damage spells like Explosion. It's main job is to block Paralyze, Curse and Poison, all of which are thrown by mages fairly regularly.

If you're wanting to be a pure PvP character, Chiv and Focus are the two drop candidates. Parry would be my third choice.

Chivalry doesn't do much in PvP, since you can't use Enemy of One, and Consecrate weapon isn't usually effective either (since most people have balanced armor sets). Remove Curse and Heal are nice, but if you are GM Resist and you have high heal, they are not a necessity.

I think everyone would agree that being a paladin is not the best PvP template.

Sir Tristan

Wanderer
Thank you for your advice Mr. Sneak Butch, but I don't think anyone with the questionable title of "Sneak" in their name should be giving advice to a holy warrior of the Paladin caste.

I'm sure there are many murderers and thieves in the world of Ultima that would welcome advice from such a one as yourself, but unfortunately the Glorious Sir Tristan Elder Swordsman is not one of them.

Mainly I was seeking the sage counsel of other warriors of the light in what has been succesful for them in their ongoing quest against the forces of darkness. If you would like to cross swords with myself and test your dark ways against the Holy goodness I represent then I would be glad to strike you down and show you the error of your ways. :mad:

"On a side note, this type of reply is probably more what you were looking for qweazdak."

Khaduran

Sorceror
im like the only pally on this shard that does pvp..and im not having any problems at all killing ANYONE...you dont trust me id be happy to show you ;)

Turki

Sorceror
Khaduran said:
im like the only pally on this shard that does pvp..and im not having any problems at all killing ANYONE...you dont trust me id be happy to show you ;)

roflz u suck nah but seriously hes the best pallie i met