UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide to Spells

Squeak

Wanderer
Guide to Spells

This guide is meant to be a first step for new players interested in the array of spells available to them. If you are reading this, I hope it proves helpful.
What are spell circles?
Spell circles are kind of like levels in difficulty. The higher the circle, the more difficulty you will have casting a spell.
How many spells are there total?
There are 64 spells in total, all covered in this guide!
Thanks for the help! How can I support you?
You may support me by using my runehouse! A runehouse is a place where many runes are stored for the public to use. The Murderer's Portal is quite young and is a very cool place =]
For more information: http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19380

First Circle Spells
Clumsy - Decreases the target's dexterity.
Create Food - Creates a piece of food (Fruit and some kinds of meat).
Feeblemind - Decreases the target's intelligence.
Heal - A small greater-heal. At GM skill it can heal around 12 damage. It cannot be disrupted.
Magic Arrow - A quick but extremely low-damage spell which is mainly used for disrupting or finishing monsters/players off. **EDIT** 0.5 second delay added to MA 4/19.
Night Sight - Helps the target's sight in dark areas/nighttime.
Reactive Armor - A very helpful temporary shield that reflects melee damage.
Weaken - Decreases the target's strength.

Second Circle Spells
Agility - Increases the target's dexterity.
Cunning - Increases the target's intelligence.
Cure - Cures the target from poison.
Harm - A small-damage spell that is stronger when closer to your target.
Magic Trap - Traps a pouch/wooden box. VERY useful because double-clicking a trapped pouch or box will unparalyze you after being paralyzed with the spell "Paralyze."
Magic Untrap - Used to untrap Magically Trapped pouches. A very useless skill (I have never used it in my UO career).
Protection - Gives temporary immunity to disruption by spells.
Strength - Increases the target's strength.

Third Circle Spells
Bless - Increases the dexterity, intelligence, and strength of the target.
Fireball - Slightly more powerful than Magic Arrow, but still with a very low damage total.
Magic Lock - Locks a box or chest.
Poison - Poisons the target. When poisoned, one cannot use the Heal or Greater Heal spells.
Telekinesis - Opens containers and doors from a distance.
Teleport - Teleports yourself 1-8 tiles.
Unlock - Unlocks a locked chest/box.
Wall of Stone - Creates a wall of stone which is impassible and blocks the view of sight.

Fourth Circle Spells
Arch Cure - Casts "Cure" on many players at one time.
Arch Protection - Gives 10-15 armor to a group of players in the radius of the target.
Curse - Decreases dexterity, intelligence, and strength all at the same time.
Fire Field - Creates a field of fire. Anyone/thing that walks through this field will aggro to you (attack you). If a blue/innocent player walks through it, you will become a criminal and attackable without penalty to all.
Greater Heal - A larger form of the spell "Heal." Usually is 4-5x stronger than "Heal." Can be disrupted.
Lightning - Casts a lightning bolt on the target. Better damage than "Fireball."
Mana Drain - Drains mana and popularly used to get rid of someone's "Magic Reflection."
Recall - Casted on a rune which must be marked with the spell "Mark." It will move you to wherever the rune was marked.

Fifth Circle Spells
Blade Spirits - Creates a blade spirit which will attack anything near it, even you!
Dispel Field - Dispels "Gate Travel" gates, Field spells, and Wall of Stone.
Incognito - Temporarily gives you a random NPC name and new hairdo.
Magic Reflection - Reflects offensive spells. "Magic Reflection" reflects even more spells when you have the Inscription skill.
Mind Blast - Does more damage to people with unbalanced stats than balanced stats (For example, if the target was 100 strength, 25 dex, 100 int, he/she would recieve more damage than someone that is 75/75/75)
Paralyze - Paralyzes the target (Look up "Magic Trap" for ways to combat this)
Poison Field - Similar to "Fire Field." Creates a field of poison.
Summon Creature - Summons a random animal commandable by the caster.

Sixth Circle Spells
Dispel - Dispels any summoned creature.
Energy Bolt - A bolt of badass-ness :>. Does a lot of damage!
Explosion - An explosion doing good damage. When casted on a target it will delay a second.
Invisibility - Hides the target. Removes aggro.
Mark - When casted on a rune, it may save the spot you marked the rune at onto it, making it possible for you to "Recall" back to this spot.
Mass Curse - Curses many in an area.
Paralyze Field - Creates a field of paralysis.
Reveal - Reveals a hidden player.

Seventh Circle Spells
Chain Lightning - Casts "Lightning" on a large radius of people.
Energy Field - Creates a field of energy. Much like "Wall of Stone," except that it does not block your line of sight.
Flame Strike - Does a lot of damage to the target. Costs a lot of mana though!
Gate Travel - Creates a 'gate.' It is like "Recall," except that others can pass through it without casting anything.
Mana Vampire - Drains the target's mana.
Mass Dispel - Dispels many summoned creatures at the same time.
Meteor Swarm - Fireballs a large area of creatures.
Polymorph - Gives you a selection of monsters to polymorph into.

Eigth Circle Spells
Earthquake - Takes 50% of all people in your general area's health.
Energy Vortex - Much like "Blade Spirits," but it is much more powerful.
Resurrection - Ressurects a fallen player.
Air Elemental - Creates an air elemental to fight by your side. Completely commandable.
Summon Daemon - Creates a daemon to fight by your side. Completely commandable.
Earth Elemental - Creates an earth elemental to fight by your side. Completely commandable. *Does not cast magic*
Fire Elemental - Creates a fire elemental to fight by your side. Completely commandable.
Water Elemental - Creates a water elemental to fight by your side. Completely commandable.

If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments, please do not fret to PM me, IM me @ Halflife0506, ICQ me @ 172766476, or MSN me @ [email protected]. Good luck to ye warlocks :>
You can easily find me in-game on my characters: Aegis, Squeak, and Dirk.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Most commonly used:
Explosion
Energy Bolt
Paralyze
Posoin
Magic Reflection

"Good starting Combo"
Paralyze
Explosion
Ebolt