UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide to: Running UO/Razor on OSX!

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
You already use Wine for those other games? Ignore the lib32-ati-dri one, as I'm not sure that's your problem. I'm thinking that maybe you didn't installed the dotnet20 and fontfix Winetricks in the correct prefix. Try the following:

Click on the Wine Glass, choose "Change Prefix", then double click on the Ultima Online Prefix you made. It should as you to confirm that you want to change your prefix, click "OK" then close the "Change Prefix" window.

Now, when you click on the Wine Glass your "current prefix" should show your Ultima Online prefix that you made. If it does, click on "Winetricks" and install "dotnet20". After that is finished installing, install "fontfix". After that's all done, double click on the Razor.exe file and ensure that you're using the Ultima Online prefix that you just installed the two Winetricks to.

DiSpLaCeR

Sorceror
Ive never used wine, the other games were via ciderport. I made sure uo is the current prefix and did the dotnot20 but fontfix is nolonger on the list..

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
fontfix isn't sorted in the list alphabetically, so you might need to use the search bar at the top right corner of the Winetricks window.

DiSpLaCeR

Sorceror
So i changed the prefix to something else, then back to Ultima Online. Reinstalled dotnet and fontfix, booted razor to the same prefix, still it crashes as it loaded the uo client

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Hmm, try running client.exe. Does that still crash? Which version of OSX are you using? Do you have a newer (Intel based) mac?

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Alrighty, so what exactly happens? Razor loads up and looks fine, but the UO window doesn't have any graphics? or does it have some graphics? or does it crash immediately?

DiSpLaCeR

Sorceror
The razor works all fine, system tray loads and the the client window opens but before and graphics it crashes

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Ok, since Wine seems to be configured correctly, I think we might need to try to update your video card drivers.

You have a unibody MacBook (as you stated previously) which either has an Intel or Nvidia graphics card. If you aren't offered any Graphic Card updates via OSX's Software Update, you'll have to download them yourself.

To determine which kind of card your MacBook has. You can run "System Information" from Finder, and click on the "Displays" tab.

DiSpLaCeR

Sorceror
Here is the information about the video

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3385
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Are there any Mac System or Graphic updates available for you under Software Update? If not, you can try to grab drivers from nvidia's site, but it looks like they stopped supporting Leopard a long time ago. They only build for Snow Leopard/Lion now. :(

imvho

Wanderer
Hi!
Im totally new here, I'm trying to make UO work on my Mac and tried playonmac for that purpose, but even if uo works perfectly, it doesnt seem to be the case for Razor. So I found this message, which seems very helpfull, but I can't find dotnet 20 and fontfix to check in winetricks box, so I'm basically stuck :)
Can you please help me out?

odival

Page
Hey, thx for such great tutorial! Is just have one problem:

I instaled the latest version of Winebottler beta (WineBottlerCombo_1.2.5.dmg) and installed UO just fine. However, when I was about to install Razor, I clicked on the "winetricks" menu it was empty - except for a " silent install, you must agreed to EULA's" checkbox. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
It seems to be a problem with the lastest version of wine that is packed with WineBottler, imvho had the same problem. We got UO up and running on his system, but we had to install macports and install wine/winetricks through macports (via command line). I'd try to update Wine/WineBottler (though the WineBottler interface, it asks if you want to install updates when you launch WineBottler).

Just as a quick troubleshooting question, for myself, did you have another program installed to play window games on your mac? Or is this your first time using something like WineBottler?

odival

Page
I tried Wineskin shortly before. Worked for UO but not for Razor. Then I found this topic and downloaded Winebottle to give it a try. I'll try the macport stuff. Thx for the quick reply!

imvho

Wanderer
hello! as army of Jobe said, I had what seems to be the same problem, we tried A LOT of things (thx again :) ) and finally this stuff with macports. I found this website, maybe if you re not very good at this like I am, that could maybe help you!

T

travof

Hi, can anyone help me. Ive tried to use the instructions that Army of Jobe put on page 1 but there were a few things that were different...

1) In step 2- (Setting up Winetricks) i received an error msg (prefix creation exited with error. you find a logfile to help with debugging on your desktop).

i kept following the instructions and the next thing that was different was-

2) In step 5- Configuring X11- there was no "Option Keys Send Alt_L and Alt_R" checkbox in my version.

3) Step 7: Play UO. When i tried to open Razor, It popped up with a msg saying "You are about to open a wine file. what would ou like to do with it? run directly in ...." and there was 2 options and tried both but nothing would happen. so i tried to open client.exe and it work! except without sound (i got to see the intro movie without sound and i got to the login screen which also doesnt have sound..)

Any help? i really want to play again!!!

T

travof

Hi, can anyone help me. Ive tried to use the instructions that Army of Jobe put on page 1 but there were a few things that were different...

1) In step 2- (Setting up Winetricks) i received an error msg (prefix creation exited with error. you find a logfile to help with debugging on your desktop).

2) In step 5- Configuring X11- there was no "Option Keys Send Alt_L and Alt_R" checkbox in my version.

3) Step 7: Play UO. When i tried to open Razor, It popped up with a msg saying "You are about to open a wine file. what would ou like to do with it? run directly in ...." and there was 2 options and tried both but nothing would happen. so i tried to open client.exe and it work! except without sound (i got to see the intro movie without sound and i got to the login screen which also doesnt have sound..)

Any help? i really want to play again!!!