UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide to Building Your Character

Lucky Charms

Wanderer
Guide to Building Your Character

First step when building a character is to decide what type of character you plan on creating. It is a good idea to plan out which skills you want and how many points you plan on putting in each skill. Note you have a 700 skill point cap. You can choose to have 7 skills at 100, which most characters do, or you can choose to mix it up some.

As an example say I have chosen to create a PvP Mage. The skills I have picked are Magery, Inscription, Resist, Meditation, Evaluate Intelligence, Wrestling and Hiding.

Second step will be selecting two of your skills to set at 50. This can be an important decision as it will save you some macroing time. You will want to choose the skills that are "hardest to macro" or "most expensive to macro".

For our example I will set Resist and Magery at 50. You may think why not set Inscription at 50? The reason being while macroing inscription you will actually make money selling back scrolls.

Third step will be selecting your stats. This is also an important decision. Depending on your character type you will want to select the stats that will be most needed right out of the can. If you are creating a mage you should probably start your intelligence a little higher so that you will have enough mana to actually cast/inscribe the necessary spells while macroing. If you are creating a mace dexxer you may consider giving him more starting dex since it will not raise as quickly as your strength while training.

For our example I will set my intelligence at 40 and not worry about the other stats for now.

Fourth Step will be to start macroing your skills. Take note: do not concern yourself with your stats at the moment. Do not "gain skill" in those skills you do not plan on keeping. You gain skill faster if you have not reached your 700 skill point max. So begin macroing! Pick the hardest skill to gain and start with it and work your way through the remaining skills saving the easiest to gain for last. Once you have GM'd six of your pre-picked skills. Go to the next step!

For our example I will GM inscription first(Easy to do and will result in me having a little extra money to raise my resist), Next I will create a macro to raise Magery and Resist at the same time, you will also gain Evaluate and Meditate while running this macro. You will typically GM Eval, Med, and Magery before Resist is finished. I strongly suggest you go ahead and finish resist at this point before continuing. Next I will gm hiding. This skill is easier to macro than wrestling... however I have found in my experience that once you reach 700 skill points it is easier to gain Wrestling than Hiding. I will then spar with my buddy till I have 80 wrestling.

Fifth step is to begin working on stats. Now that you are 20 points away from skill cap it is a good time to fix those stats. Camping, Arms Lore, Spirit speak, and Snooping are your stat building skills. Camping raises all stats, Arms Lore will raise Strength, Spirit Speak will raise Intelligence and Snooping will raise DEX. They are fast and easy to macro. You gain skill the fastest from 0-20 skill points therefore you will gain stats quickly. So basically what you will do is Train one of these skills to 20 then click the skill gain arrow to down so that you will lose this skill. Now select one of the other skills to raise. And raise it to 20. Continue this process till you have your stats locked where you want them.

For example I want my pvp Mage to have 100 STR, 100 INT, and 25 DEX. Before starting my stats they are probably like 42 STR, 56 INT, 18 DEX. I will select camping as my first skill to gain. After raising it to 20 I will then set the arrow to down and I will begin training Spirit speak. I will then set spirit speak to down and raise arms lore. I will then continue this process till i have locked my stats where I want them.

Last step is to set your stat building skill to down and finish up that last skill.

For example I will now log on my other character and finish gaining those last 20 points of wrestling.

Good Job you're now a 7x GM with stats to boost!

__Chase

Wanderer
Re: Guide to Building Your Character

do resist first if you have a character that needs resist.
if you do it first, it gains a hell of alot faster.

MATTSC

Wanderer

I have a few questions about a few skills I can't seem to find them anywhere and have asked in game but no one seemed to have a real answer. I apologize if they have already been answered.

1) Does higher dex help with veternary?
2) Are you able to 'random' steal with stealing (meaning can we steal a random object from people's bags without targeting a specific item?)
3) What is a good tamer (non pvp) template?

Thanks

Dexter420

Sorceror

MATTSC;1989656 said:
I have a few questions about a few skills I can't seem to find them anywhere and have asked in game but no one seemed to have a real answer. I apologize if they have already been answered.

1) Does higher dex help with veternary?
2) Are you able to 'random' steal with stealing (meaning can we steal a random object from people's bags without targeting a specific item?)
3) What is a good tamer (non pvp) template?

Thanks

1. Dex makes healing and vet run faster.
2. Yes
3. Peace or provoke tamers are good for pvm