UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide: Arcane Clothes

Symptom

Wanderer
Guide: Arcane Clothes

I've been selling full sets of arcane clothes on one of my vendors, and I've had many players ask me what was so special about it. So I'm make this guide with a full detailed description so there is no question as to what the clothes are for.

Tailors have the ability to use Arcane Gems on some pieces of clothing and thus create Arcane Clothing.

To use the arcane gems, double-click a gem and then target the piece of clothing you wish to make arcane. You must already have an exceptionally crafted piece of clothing, and it must be one of the following: Robe, cloak, leather gloves, or thigh boots.

Arcane clothing items receive a maker's mark automatically, even if the tailor who crafted them is not a GM tailor... it's not optional

The arcane clothing lets you use charges of it in place of reagents. When you cast a spell without sufficient reagents, the clothing will lose one charge per circle of the spell. Charges will only be drawn from the clothing if the wearer does not have sufficient reagents for a spell in his backpack.

When the charges are gone, the arcane item loses the special appearance it was given when it was made arcane, although the label remains (complete with maker's mark)... It can be recharged by targeting it with another arcane gem, but you won't necessarily recharge it fully with one gem even though only one gem is required to enhance a piece of clothing.

Arcane clothing is charged with 24 charges for a Legendary Tailor(120). For each 5 points lower, one charge is deducted. So from 115.0 to 119.9 skill, only 23 charges will be applied and so on. By combining a robe, cape, thigh boots and leather gloves you can be equipped with 96 charges maximum. You do not have to be a tailor to recharge an Arcane clothing item that has run out of charges. However, the higher your tailoring skill, the more charges will be added (with a maximum of 24).

Update:
The monsters that carry arcane gems are:
- Juka Mages
- Juka Lords
- Golem Controllers
- Golems (drop rate is very slow)

Hope this helps.

Countessa

Knight
Re: Guide: Arcane Clothes

These items except leather gloves can be blessed and retain their arcane enhancement.