UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

General way and cost to GM alchemy on a new char.

Stides40oz

Knight
General way and cost to GM alchemy on a new char.

This should probably get moved to the guides section.

Anyways I was making another new character with alchy (for like 8th time) and this time I decided to see how much it actually costs me in regents and how many kegs I would have when i was done to sell (to offset the price of the regs) or which I will be doing, saving for pvp.

Now I only make useful kegs. Some people say to make poison kegs cuz niteshade is cheap and not much use for anything else but i like to make kegs im actually gona use or people are actually gona buy if not.

Anyways heres my order at which skill level I switched the type of keg, amount of kegs made and regents used.

Also I always finish a full keg before switching to the next

50.0-55.7 1 Total refresh keg 835 black pearl
55.7-67.0 1 Greater Agility keg 504 Bloodmoss
67.0-74.7 2 Greater Strength kegs 1770 Mandrake root
74.7-86.2 4 Greater Heal Kegs 5476 Gingsing
86.2-100.0 5 Greater explode kegs 9110 Sulphur
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total cost of regs at faction vendor price 38068 gold (pretty cheap imo)

now lets look at how much this would cost if I sold all the kegs i made training alchemy

1 Total refresh @ 5000 gp/keg=5000gp
1 Greater agility @ 4000 gp/keg=4000gp
2 Greater Strength @ 4000gp/keg=8000gp
4 Greater heal @ 5500gp/kg=22000gp
5 Greater explode @ 7500gp/keg=37500gp
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total if kegs sold =76500gp (wow)

76500 (worth of kegs) - 38068 (cost of regs) = 38432 PROFIT plus you get a gm alchy!!!!

So as you can see if you use this method to train alchy on a new char you will end up doubling the amount of money you put into training it (if you sell the kegs)

NOT TOO SHABBY EH?

Misc. stats.

Total mortar and pestles used = 23 Gm tinker made (probably about 70 if using store bought mortars)

Total stats gained= 0 str, 21 dex, 21 int

Total time : 2hours 13 minutes

*** please note this was all done on a brand new character starting with 50 alchemy and 50 magery training alchemy as the first skill. The amount of resources consumed will be much higher if you do not train it first.

Alkuan

Wanderer
Re: General way and cost to GM alchemy on a new char.

Thanks! i found this very helpful, although the cost was significantly higher for me as i was unable to use faction vendors and had to buy kegs at around 600gp per. I found the total cost of buying empty kegs/reagents to be around 60,000 gold. I think ill be saving my kegs for later use while pvp'ing on the character anyway so its a moot point really.

playainc

Sorceror

Instead of doing gsplodes do gcures to gm. They take less of regs and require the same skill level to produce as gsplode.

issy

Wanderer

playainc;2053355 said:
Instead of doing gsplodes do gcures to gm. They take less of regs and require the same skill level to produce as gsplode.

i think the point of doing gexplo is so you can either sell them for more money or use them on the field right away. gcures dont really use as many on the field as you would a gexplo. :p

mufasas012

Wanderer

Thanks to this guide, I am almost done GMing alchemy on my new char (alchystun mage), and everything else has been locked at 0 (resist is at 50).
Next step is training resist.

My question is:

Do I lock everything but resist (including magery) and cast FS on him with my other mage?

Or should I have magery and resist (and medit) up and cast on myself? this seems like it would maybe conserve some regs (and time) since i am gaining magery & resist at the same time. But I am also concerned this might mean resist will be relatively harder to train than the 1st option (due to raising magery and medit at the same time), causing me to use more regs (and time) in the long run..

(I will make a char with 50 heal 50 anat to heal in each case)

1. So which one is quicker&less costly... resist by itself? Or resist & magery (& medit) at the same time?

2. Also, is there a way to sell those kegs without having a player vendor?

wkstrm

Lord

mufasas012;2155310 said:
Thanks to this guide, I am almost done GMing alchemy on my new char (alchystun mage), and everything else has been locked at 0 (resist is at 50).
Next step is training resist.

My question is:

Do I lock everything but resist (including magery) and cast FS on him with my other mage?

Or should I have magery and resist (and medit) up and cast on myself? this seems like it would maybe conserve some regs (and time) since i am gaining magery & resist at the same time. But I am also concerned this might mean resist will be relatively harder to train than the 1st option (due to raising magery and medit at the same time), causing me to use more regs (and time) in the long run..

(I will make a char with 50 heal 50 anat to heal in each case)

1. So which one is quicker&less costly... resist by itself? Or resist & magery (& medit) at the same time?

2. Also, is there a way to sell those kegs without having a player vendor?

If you have some friends casting on you while casting on yourself it's the fastest way to do it. I did resist in an hour with 10 people casting on me. Guildies rules! :D

character

Wanderer

i did cure/greater cure til gm everytime. cost so much less and gives you kegs you need without the waste of regs. cheapest way.

Stides40oz

Knight

i did cure/greater cure til gm everytime. cost so much less and gives you kegs you need without the waste of regs. cheapest way.
Explode kegs are more useful then greater cure kegs and are also more valuable with the same success chance. Please dont taint my guide for newbs that maybe reading it.