UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

!Factions!

Was this needed?

• Total voters

RaRae

Page
nooo WIPE FACTIONS, leaderboard means shit wth all the farmed points.... and inactives! and make it 1ip in a afaction even I agree with tetster.

Strider

Page
Well 3 factions sounds fine, but some people are loyal to a faction they have been in for quite some time, and maybe wouldn't like a switch.. Would everyone still be game for a faction wipe even so?

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Well 3 factions sounds fine, but some people are loyal to a faction they have been in for quite some time, and maybe wouldn't like a switch.. Would everyone still be game for a faction wipe even so?

STrider.. Wipe em!! The only people loyal to a faction are me and tet. Lets be honest...And we both say wipe em.. And that's coming from 2 people with over 500 points each... WE here at UOGAMERS hybrid! Look to the future not dwell on the past! WIPE THESE BITCHES CLEAN!!! THIS ... IS... BRITANIAAAAA!!

amtothepm

Knight
what's the website where I can check faction statistics, again?

I can't for the life of me remember the website's address.

any help?

amtothepm

Knight
what's the website where I can check faction statistics, again?

I can't for the life of me remember the website's address.

any help?

Patches

Wanderer
If you set up a cosmetic reward system that people could spend large amounts of silver (or possibly a new faction currency) to buy things like CBDs, Neon Sandals, Neon Hair, Blessed Accessories (or non-blessed) or other cosmetic things that people want yet will not disrupt the gameplay at all, you will be able to incentivize more people to participate in factions. Factions requires people to coordinate and cooperate which makes it a lot of fun, but if not many people are playing factions it is boring for everyone who partakes. I think that once you give people incentive to start playing factions the population will grow on its own.

Not trying to be negative but this is like beginning treatment on a stage 4 cancer patient. It would've been absolutely amazing if staff listened to the most active player-base(then) and people with their hands in what made PVP so great. I really think if action was taken many moons ago you/we would still have many vets and a highly populated server.

GimpCent

Knight
The number of factions be it 4 or 3 will make nearly no change to the way PvP works. It sounds nice but realisticly that's about all it would do. Yeah that is going to save factions.....

Faction bases need to be moved out of guardzone and NPC abuse needs to be curbed. The bases should be more like the Orc Fort than what we currently see at SL, Minax. The location needs to be much more dramatic. Currently the bases with only one path to guard leading in tend to be quite boring.

Factions horses need to be available for free at every factions base regardless of towns owned. There is no reason why one guild should be able to hold all towns and hurt PvP by preventing the other side from having mounts. This is silly and architecturely retarded as a foundation for faction PvP.

There needs to be a way to convert gold into silver and better reasons to spend that silver. Sort of like CUB for people who don't care about barbie dolls.

There needs to be a reason the hold towns. Example could be you have to hold Moonglow to get reg vendors and Minoc to get access to ore vendors. Each town is sort of known for something and there is no reason we can't give a reason to hold towns.

Becoming CL should come with a increase stat buff. To allow him to become a commander on the field. If the CL is part of the fight, he should have a slight buff cause often they are the first target.

There is room for many changes to be made to make PvP more dramatic but you folks are mostly stuck on ideas that almost change nothing in terms of gameplay or fun. Who cares if its 3 factions or 4 honestly. Wtf

GimpCent

Knight
P.S. Democracy is the wrong way to go about doing changes as the avg player doesn't have a clue how to even control their real life. Listen if you wish to largely poorly thought out ideas but don't expect it to do anything but sound nice.

I mean who the hell idea was Hybrid Armor on a already mage heavy server.... If anything hybrid armor should be for Commanding Lords not Trammies

GimpCent

Knight
To reword the above because it won't let me edit

Democracy is a horrible way to go about doing changes to the server. Mob rule is most of the time wrong and the avg player on hybrid can't even figure their way out of their mom's basement. You expect a pool of idiots to produce something not idiotic?

A just dictator is better than the best democracy and this crap is waste of time.

You have staff that release Hybrid armor on a server that is already mage heavy. Who's grand plan was that? How did that make PvP better? Was lack of armor really that big of a deal on a server with magic armor all over the place? Don't even get me started about Lunar armor. Exp pots should hit everyone, there is no reason for staff to make changes that discourage build diversity instead of encourage it.

The changes that need to be made are already known by most and if you are staff and still looking clueless.... you should move aside because you only risk by making shit worse by changing poorly thought out half ass borrow minded ideas.

GimpCent

Knight
*Narrow minded ideas

Ps

Stay on topic in this thread from now on, last chance. I had to delete 30 posts.

You didn't have to, you decided too and its a side effect of making a thread like this. Did you not expect that or are you really Tessa?

Last chances are for little kids and if you can't handle modding the thread you made there are folks that would be more than glad to be in your spot. Yes we get off topic but normal conversation do as well. Yes we shit talk but that keeps PvP moving ahead. The pvp community is more like a local bar than a church so stop acting like overworked hallway monitor we don't care about your last chances. If you want to close the thread do it or don't.

You are either serious about changing the server or you just want to talk about it... Saying last chance makes you sound like which one?

GimpCent

Knight
Strider are you the one behind the aoe exp pot changes?

I seen you were the one who posted it. I was wondering if you would like to have a open debate about it as it directly effects factions and the skill level requirements for high level group PvP. We can talk about how that change has narrowed the field of acceptable pvp templates.

This directly affects factions and isn't off topic unless you twist the meaning to your own will to avoid the debate.

Healthy debate should never be feared. If you are right you will win, clearly no reason not to debate me on equal terms.

This isn't a call out post but their is a right and wrong answer to these changes

GimpCent

Knight

Who cares if 3 or 4 factions, isn't the change we need. How can this seem like it even matters? Its almost silly this isn't the changes we need.

STrider.. Wipe em!! The only people loyal to a faction are me and tet. Lets be honest...And we both say wipe em.. And that's coming from 2 people with over 500 points each... WE here at UOGAMERS hybrid! Look to the future not dwell on the past! WIPE THESE BITCHES CLEAN!!! THIS ... IS... BRITANIAAAAA!!

You are only loyal to Brit because the base is broken in a lot of ways. So please shut up no one really cares. No one really cares about points either as they are a bad marker of true PvP skill. You seem really proud of yourself and get but said about zero percent worth of shit that actually matters in the debate. All you were doing was chest bumping like a dumb monkey about a decade old game.

*Factions shouldnt be wiped until you make the wipe mean something. Right now points mean near nothing other than a decent measure of douchebag level. And if you really want to make the changes the game needs the debate between 3 or 4 factions is comical.

GimpCent

Knight
Resetting faction points will do nearly nothing. No one cares about points until points mean something. The very fact people were walking around with 500 points should tell you the system is broken.

Is resetting going to magically make faction points mean something again? Nope

People simply don't care about this barbie doll shit that rewards cowards with meaningless points that don't really do jack to begin with.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
War horses aren't such a huge advantage that a faction can't do without them. The current setup also provides motivation to take cities. What could change in this regard, perhaps, is a shorter period of capture immunity when a faction owns every city.

GimpCent

Knight
War horses aren't such a huge advantage that a faction can't do without them. The current setup also provides motivation to take cities. What could change in this regard, perhaps, is a shorter period of capture immunity when a faction owns every city.

It gives motivation to take a city but no city is more important than another unless you are TB. War horses are a huge advantage when bolas start flying... I don't see how you can even say that with a straight face. You are more than welcome to fight me with a horse vs my war horse. I bet you will be on foot without any mount real fast. War horses don't aren't a huge advantage.... Please

The current setup leads to one super power guild that gives out towns exchange for not attacking or stealing the other towns. Are you clueless on how this has been working for years?

i think every faction should get 1 town permanently, remove the town cap/defending mechanism and instead put in a resource(gold/silver worth something) where each point or capture successfully removed from an enemy town within a certain capture period rewards said gold or silver. At the end of the period, the faction with the most successful captures gets a bonus check divided evenly among players with at least 1 point.

- Faction only
- 1 faction character per IP. (Actually enforce this??)
- 1 week to leave factions. Afterward, maybe a 1 week downtime (no faction allowed)?? To prevent swapping easily
- The more populated factions will receive less gold or silver per capture and receive less at the end.

Highest populated will receive base pay(set amount per capture/end result). May actually be better subtracting from base pay, maybe base pay x .8? To try to persuade factioners to spread out, rather than zerg 1 faction.
Lowest populated will receive base pay x 2.
The in betweens will receive base pay x 1.5. Just giving suggestion.

Perhaps adding in bonus silver for kills will encourage fights during this time, rather than simply running past each other trying to win. Bonus silver for killing enemies in your town? Defensive incentive and allowing the ability to place guards/traps how players see fit.

Should be a 1-2 hour period twice a week, set schedule in prime usa time playing.

Purpose of this is to actually give players a way to make a good amount of money for actually pvping. Let's not give these kids 3k gold or some slap in the face. The biggest problem I have ever had with pvp is the fact that without accounting for 'duels for mils' from kids that don't pay, there is absolutely no way to make a decent cash flow to afford healthy stock rather than relying on IDOCs/dungeon camping. Being in factions is more expensive than playing red/blue, and people should be rewarded for such. The occasional storms eye isn't cutting it. And 50k for winning a 1v1 is a joke.

One could also add in down time(in between wars) advantages for the winning or top 2 factions, such as an increased rate of faction drops, even cheaper city vendor prices for factioners, etc.

And finally, as mentioned above, make silver worth something. A silver only vendor that sells pvp resources would be an awesome start. Don't be stingy either. This period should be a way for people to get a nice kick of money twice a week, not a slap in the face for the amount of times most players will be dying.

Could give this idea more thought, but unfortunately like it's said above, I think most changes (3/4 factions) are pretty silly to cause change. And it may be too late to save factions with any idea, tbh. But atleast this sounds fun and I'd reinstall to play it.