UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction War Horse Tranfer For Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GluttSDS

Sorceror
not a troll.... townkilling is stupid and for people who cant get a real kill in the field. All it does is piss off banksitters and drive down population.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Banning red - we should "THANK" those people who took town-killing as a routine work instead of occasional event.

Even banning red seems logical in fixing it. But, it causes more problems. Rather than banning red, I prefer guard instant killing any CRIMINAL any time in the 2-min period. No killing red on sight. So, the red can still follow the aggressor into town and kill. In fact, I don't see why red cannot enter a town if he just wants to buy a beer or looking for some specific persons.

Banning red - we should "THANK" those people who took town-killing as a routine work instead of occasional event.

Even banning red seems logical in fixing it. But, it causes more problems. Rather than banning red, I prefer guard instant killing any CRIMINAL any time in the 2-min period. No killing red on sight. So, the red can still follow the aggressor into town and kill. In fact, I don't see why red cannot enter a town if he just wants to buy a beer or looking for some specific persons.

not to say your wrong in any way. but i love the idea. it forces reds to go where they came from dungeons/bucs/occlo/pvp hotspots basicly not camping del pond or del north. not that they cant, just cant chase the noobs into the town and finish them. lets face it most of the people pvping on guardlines arent the people you want to fight in the field.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
The most ridiculous case i see is:
a red was fighting a criminal and the criminal ran into the town to avoid being killed while the red can do nothing.

Mara

Knight
What if the faction controlling the town can choose whether to have guards/guardzone. And if you really want to be ballsy - they can have guards that insta-kill blues. How you like them apples.

It makes the most sense. Just pretty hardcore. Not all towns are faction-controlled, and it could mobilize and differentiate the entire shard's player base...or it could just make everyone hide in delucia. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
What if the faction controlling the town can choose whether to have guards/guardzone. And if you really want to be ballsy - they can have guards that insta-kill blues. How you like them apples.
Not a good idea. Since someone logout in town and back a few days later, they will insta-kill. Will be frustrating.

Mara

Knight
Can't be worse than recalling into town on a red to get insta guard whacked after coming back to the game.

The town-criers could descry the status of the town and it's guards or lack thereof. Nix the guard-whacking blue idea if you must, although fair is fair on that.

At the very least, faction should be able to turn off guard in faction controlled towns, or reds should be given access to all faction controlled towns. Leave that other insta-whack stuff for the non-faction towns like Delucia. Use the town criers to give people entering these towns the proper heads up. What I would do anyway.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I also died by recalling to town. :p

> At the very least, faction should be able to turn off guard in faction controlled towns, or reds should be given access to all faction controlled towns.
Yes, sure.

if there is really an arguement at all its the fact that minax and sl can defend thier base on reds and com and tb cant. thats really the only real problem i see.

Mara

Knight
if there is really an arguement at all its the fact that minax and sl can defend thier base on reds and com and tb cant. thats really the only real problem i see.

With people able to give grief counts and turn people red at will, you are going to have to allow reds the ability to fight for the faction controlled towns. Minax and SL are roleplay evil anyway, so to expect them to have to play on blues to participate in factions is not legitimate. I like the idea of being able to turn off guards completely, at the discretion of the controlling faction, because that actually affects quite a lot with respect to area effect gameplay.

Given what you guys have said, I would at the least allow reds full access to faction controllable towns. The only question then is to make sure new players easily understand the differences from one place to the next. Allright, my 2 cents anyway. Thanks for the ideas on the workaround. I will be using them, for sure.

Don't make me bring up Wind and the Forest Lord and all that. You know that's not legit. Why you make me go there. I try so hard to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.