UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction Hero/Evil System

K

krrios

Faction Hero/Evil System

Our Hero/Evil system is an extension to factions. The four existing factions are seperated in two groups; good and evil. Consequently, only players in factions may participate in this system.

• Good:
    • Council of Mages
    • True Britannians

• Evil
    • Minax
    • Shadowlords

Participants in factions are not automatically declared good or evil. To declare yourself, you must visit a shrine and say a key phrase.

"I will defend the virtues" to become good.
- or -
"I am evil incarnate" to become evil.

Once declared, a hero or evil tag is placed next to your name, and certain actions will increase or decrease your power in your chosen ethic. As your power increases, you are given access to certain abilities.

Each ability is invoked by saying a unique key phrase. Invoking abilities saps some of your power, so they must be used wisely.

Hero abilities:
  • Holy Sense
    Drewrok Erstok
    Tracks nearby evil players.

• Bless
    Erstok Ontawl
    Temporarily increases the stats of nearby players.

• Summon Familiar
    Trubechs Vingir
    Summons a silver wolf for one hour.

• Holy Item
    Vidda K'balc
    Imbues a targeted item with a white hue.

• Holy Shield
    Erstok K'blac
    Temporarily provides protection against otherwise aggressive monsters.

• Holy Steed
    Trubechs Yeliab
    Summons a silver steed for one hour.

Evil abilities:
  • Unholy Sense
    Drewrok Velgo
    Tracks nearby hero players.

• Blight
    Velgo Ontawl
    Temporarily decreases the stats of nearby players.

• Summon Familiar
    Trubechs Vingir
    Summons a dark wolf for one hour.

• Unholy Item
    Vidda K'balc
    Imbues a targeted item with a black hue.

• Unholy Shield
    Velgo K'blac
    Temporarily provides protection against otherwise aggressive monsters.

• Unholy Steed
    Trubechs Yeliab
    Summons a dark steed for one hour.

Summoned pets--both steed and familiar--may only be used by their master. Additionally, imbued items are wearable only by the same ethic. Consequently, recrafting, trading, selling, and displaying imbued items is been restricted.

Explicit restrictions:
  • Hero items may not be cut or smelted into resources.
  • Hero items may not be traded to evil or neutral players.
  • Hero items may not be worn by evil or neutral players.
  • Hero items may not be placed on player vendors.
  • Hero items may not be locked down.

• Evil items may not be cut or smelted into resources.
  • Evil items may not be traded to hero or neutral players.
  • Evil items may not be worn by hero or neutral players.
  • Evil items may not be placed on player vendors.
  • Evil items may not be locked down.

This effectively prevents abuse of the rehuing system. Only participants in the hero/evil system, and thus factions, are able to benefit.

billybong

Wanderer
Re: Faction Hero/Evil System

personaly i think it would be pretty kewl havin malas but make it so u can pvp there

siege was one of the most hardcore pvp servers on osi, this system is from that server, i don't get the trammel comments..

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer

Kurupt said:
siege was one of the most hardcore pvp servers on osi, this system is from that server, i don't get the trammel comments..

Cause someone who is uninformed about OSI, and spouted off...and now all the band wagoners are agreeing blindly.

It happens every time.

A stoned T-Rex said:
don't like the stat increase/decrease. could be an unbalance in faction fights :(
Well its no fun if any body is better than you. But if you stay better than everyone else you Super l338. also its super pimp looking if your whole faction looks like pimps. No to the trammel idea and malas and all other facets. maybe the se expansion for the jap guild to invade. jk but i like this system wish there was more on how it works.

Mike said:
Cause someone who is uninformed about OSI, and spouted off...and now all the band wagoners are agreeing blindly.

It happens every time.
No Joke. I cant stand all the but tools that just agree with sumbody becuase osi ****ed up on their regular shard. but seige was the best of the best man along with ipy uog and abc. but no abc is a nooblet shard.