UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explanation on "slow" progress and "missing" features...

psz

Administrator
Explanation on "slow" progress and "missing" features...

Ok. I'm personally more than a little tired of hearing complaints that OTHER shards have X or that we're missing Y or that there's no updates, etc

One fact *EVERYONE* seems to forget: When other shards code something, A: it doesn't have to be REMOTELY correct and B: It doesn't have to work with default RunUO.

Since we're an official RunUO shard *ALL* code we produce must be as CLOSE to perfect as we can make it (within the boundries of current core-base, of course), and (most importantly, and I want you to all READ THIS) it MUST ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WORK WITH ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE RUNUO VERSIONS OUT OF THE BOX

If it breaks a shard with SE off, it can't be put in. If it wipes characters with AOS on, it can't be put in. We are, in essence, coding for *ALL* RunUO shards, not just ours.

As for "lack of updates"... Just because they've not been put on the live shard does NOT mean nothing's being worked on. As ASayre8 has mentioned (numerous times) in the past, alot of times one thing gets added/fixed, only to break something else OR require something else. This is all being tested behind the scense, as it were. There are a lot of features that are more or less done, but NOT on the live shard for VARIOUS REASONS.

I am very happy to see a drop off in the number of bitch/whine posts regarding SE skills or Doom puzzle and the like, but I still see the occasional post. This, hopefully, will answer those posts once and for all.

huh

Wanderer
you may want to sticky this in General Discussion as it seems most people just skip this section of the forum.

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
We (or I at least) know that a lot of stuff is being done, by you, Runuo devs and all ppl responsible.. I've never seen such a dedicated team running a free shard they have no reason but fun to run..

But the whining posts as you state are not always whining posts tho I agree to some extent with your post.. It's human nature to whine more and appreciate less, but that doesn't mean what you do isn't appreciated at all.. !

qweazdak

Wanderer
most of these questions are new players not knowing whats going on. and these new players dont even read stickies or search for the answers.

zardd

Sorceror
Yeah ill make note of it but in different terms and also make reference to this thread. :D

Its a mixture of new players, players that cant be bothered reading / searching and also people that are just plain impatient.

Thank you for the this info Psz i will try to assist in getting the message across to as many as possible to releif some of the blatenly repeated questions. :eek: