UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Event League

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM Noah

Account Terminated
The Event League starts on December 1st, 2013!

SUMMARY:
Players collect trophies from all new staff run events on their individual characters and turn them in for Event Points according to the Event Point Chart (see below). Points can be cashed in for prizes of certain levels (500 Event Points, 1k-10k Event Points, etc..) This will go on indefinitely, at the discretion of Noah and the almighty Admins.

What this event is meant to accomplish:
  • Give the players of UOG Hybrid something to strive for
  • Motivate players to log in and participate in events
  • Motivate staff to hold more events
  • Increase overall activity of players
*BASIC RULES (Read Carefully)*
  • Turn in your trophies from staff events and receive Event Points for kills, points, captures, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes
  • Trophies older than 12-1-13 do NOT count for Event League.
  • Event Points can only be accumulated on ONE Account at a time and are non-transferable (Only Characters on the SAME account can combine their total points.)
  • There will be a ZERO tolerance policy for AFKing in events. If you are caught AFKing in 3 or more events expect a swift event ban on that character.
  • Multi-clienting in events is NOT OK! If you are caught doing this on more than one occasion there will be dire consequences (loss of points and or banishment from the Event League)

! Please see the thread Event League Prizes & Trophy Redemption for info on prizes and the Rules about turning in your trophies !

Event Point Chart

Example:

The trophy on the left is worth 51 Event Points. The trophy on the right is worth 35 Event Points.

*PLACEMENTS (1st, 2nd, 3rd) IN CTF, BR, KOTH, AND DOUBLEDOM NO LONGER COUNT TOWARDS POINTS*

Only reply to this thread with questions, concerns, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms! All trolling & rage posts will be deleted.

Why not make it scale off of points, rather than kills/caps? You're lowering the incentive to capture, as its much harder and takes a lot more time to get a capture than it does a kill. Also, I still have YET to receive my previous top 3 duelists prize from Mark, after asking 20+ times over IRC (he ignored me every time).

GM Noah

Account Terminated
Why not make it scale off of points, rather than kills/caps?
Doing it this way should help close the massive gap between the seasoned vet who can score 8+ captures & get nearly 1k points and the rookie who can only get a few kills. There's also a big difference between the amount of points you can achieve in CTFs, BRs, and KotHs.

The most important thing to me is keeping the whole system balanced. Hopefully after the first month of this it will be easy to tell what adjustments need to be made.

Doing it this way should help close the massive gap between the seasoned vet who can score 8+ captures & get nearly 1k points and the rookie who can only get a few kills. There's also a big difference between the amount of points you can achieve in CTFs, BRs, and KotHs.

The most important thing to me is keeping the whole system balanced. Hopefully after the first month of this it will be easy to tell what adjustments need to be made.

So, you'd rather less skilled players be able to score more points than vets that actually go for captures? Doesn't make much sense, might as well hop on a dexxer and just go around trying to kill people, rather than playing the *CAPTURE THE FLAG*. You can balance the scale of points given per event, so it doesn't matter which event type it is.

GM Noah

Account Terminated
If after the first month killers are getting more Event Points than cappers, the proper adjustment will be made :)

AFKers & Multi-clienters will be watched closely, so kills shouldn't be AS easy to get as they were in the past.

Cool idea, hope to see success come of this. But hopefully you'll more carefully look out for teamers / point traders in CTF/FFAs

@ 2 pts per kill, 15-20 mins long, i can definitely get 50+ kills off of 3 of my friends.

John Oberle

Wanderer
If you're going to continue to host events, can you please be very specific as to what is allowed in the event and what is not. Several times I have joined and the rules for items and abilities are not clearly defined.

amtothepm

Knight
So, you'd rather less skilled players be able to score more points than vets that actually go for captures? Doesn't make much sense, might as well hop on a dexxer and just go around trying to kill people, rather than playing the *CAPTURE THE FLAG*. You can balance the scale of points given per event, so it doesn't matter which event type it is.
GOTTA GIVE INCENTIVE TO NEWBIES TRYHING TO GET MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY HERE. DUH

DUH

DUH

Uomvp

Knight
This is cool and all but why are all the main prizes from demise? All the weapons, helms, hanging stuff, bloody clothing etc..

Not trying to be an ass just plain old curious.

somebody said in another thread that basically every rare/hue has been given out on hybrid. It may not be true, but its pretty damn close.

I still don't see how some items cost 10k points. I need to cap like 2500 times or kill 5000 people or win 287 1v1 tournies just for 1 item. And unless GMs chain tournies all day long, I suspect this will be a 3-4 month process for 1 major item, winning nearly every tournament. Seems ridiculous.

I like the system of special, one time only monthly rewards and having 1 gold trophy bust(from leading points in ctf/br/koth) / 1v1 gold trophy be worth 3 pts, silver worth 2, bronze 1. And having the items cost like 10-25 pts. That way you can't farm your friends for ridiculous point totals, and winning 1v1's actually mean something these days. This also promotes players to actually practice/duel outside of the tournaments in order to get better. It used to be a big motivational factor to try to get better to win a tournament because people actually watched and you had your name displayed across the whole server.

Can even bring back sunday night Champ of Brits, worth 5 points for 1st place or something.

I think that system will reward the winners forever, earning a reward thats only available for a month and not allowing farmers/newbies to farm/flood the market with rare purchases, undermining the value of the winners rewards.

GM Noah

Account Terminated
So this means that someone with 100m can't pay someone 50k per trophy and get 250 points worth of trophies from 10 people in an event. However, could they if they had 15 characters all with the same name cash in trophies from multiple characters that just had the same name on the trophy? I do believe after server wars trophy names reset to the name that a character was ncd'd to also right?

Obviously a character that wins a 5x tourney isn't going to be the same leader of an alchy or dexxer tournament, or a 1-Cap point KOTH with runics, what prevents people from naming all of their characters Nefarious?

from Prizes & Trophy Redemption:
You can ONLY redeem your trophies for Event Points on the character that you won them with.

Each trophy is a unique item that corresponds to your specific character, it's name will change along with the name of the character who won it. To tell apart fakes from the real deal I only have to temporarily change the name of whoever is handing in their trophies to me.

Also, I think that it's possible for a good player to win or atleast do well in every event format on a single character :)

Status
Not open for further replies.