UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Essence of Wind, Summon Fey/Fiend

Necrodog

Page
Contradicting sentence sir.

You say
"Archers are not overpowered, they are just Cheesy, like UO Steam Mages."

Then say
"On Demise, you are rewarded for playing Cheesy Templates, or templates that take advantage of imbalances in the game."

An imbalance would indicate an overpowering and unfair advantage.
EVERYTHING on Demise is off-balanced and cheap, or else it doesn't work. There's nothing more to it.

As it is, Archer is the ONLY answer to a mage that Dexxers have.

Necrodog

Page
And 'your' a bad grammarian. I have the most complicated system of playing of anybody in UO and probably use two or three times the number of hotkeys as you. Maybe you eat dirt in every scenario against me because I have accounted for every possible outcome and am always two steps ahead. Yeah let's go back to non-assist UO-only hotkey system and crash the while economy and kill the shard. Hurrrdurrr genius.
No one can stand against Fake MB. Learn your place, Marshall.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Change it from LRC to lower supply cost so it covers everything from pots to bandages to arrows to apples to regs etc. I'd be down with that. That'd be awesome. :D

Seriously ban UOSteam? Why? You remind me of a ... player on EA:UO before it went free. Oh me, Oh my, that Greater Dragon just 1 hits me, me oh my. Hum, what kind of weapon are you using? This uber weapon with this uber slayer capability. Hum, you do realize that uber slayer is OPPOSITE the one you want for anything Dragon? Yeah so what it kill's the other UBER things I fight fast. Hum, you do know that mean that damage is increased on you and decreased on the Dragon's, right you know that, right?

Look, since the Tank Mage Era, the one an only era where everything was 100% balanced, there has been the you's, IF I CAN'T KILL IT then it is over powered.

What do you mean when you say "I Can't Kill it"? I mean sure make it a hard fight, a close fight but I WIN 100% of the time.

Yes sir, since the itemization of UO, you have always said NERF NERF NERF NERF.

Rule of thumb in any online game, IF any one template, class etc is what 90%+ of what the player population is, then either the game is balanced or that template is over powered. Overpowered that is to the 10% that REFUSE to adapt/play that template.

Necrodog

Page
Seriously ban UOSteam? Why? You remind me of a ... player on EA:UO before it went free. Oh me, Oh my, that Greater Dragon just 1 hits me, me oh my. Hum, what kind of weapon are you using? This uber weapon with this uber slayer capability. Hum, you do realize that uber slayer is OPPOSITE the one you want for anything Dragon? Yeah so what it kill's the other UBER things I fight fast. Hum, you do know that mean that damage is increased on you and decreased on the Dragon's, right you know that, right?

Look, since the Tank Mage Era, the one an only era where everything was 100% balanced, there has been the you's, IF I CAN'T KILL IT then it is over powered.

What do you mean when you say "I Can't Kill it"? I mean sure make it a hard fight, a close fight but I WIN 100% of the time.

Yes sir, since the itemization of UO, you have always said NERF NERF NERF NERF.

Rule of thumb in any online game, IF any one template, class etc is what 90%+ of what the player population is, then either the game is balanced or that template is over powered. Overpowered that is to the 10% that REFUSE to adapt/play that template.
If people actually played instead of just holding down buttons...

And also, there should be more than ONE template that works in this game.

royal kapero2

Sorceror

Following your dirty logic all the PKs must have the same skills and basic artis that are dedicated for that only one template. It's a pity you dare to share your opinion which you cannot base on facts.

Necrodog

Page
Following your dirty logic all the PKs must have the same skills and basic artis that are dedicated for that only one template. It's a pity you dare to share your opinion which you cannot base on facts.
I don't understand what you are saying. Please elaborate.

Necrodog

Page
You stated that only one template works in pvp. so how people kill each other having different skills and suits?

No...

...he stated that if one template was what 90% of people used, it meantthat either the template was overpowered, or that the game was balanced.

Why would 90% of people use one template in a game if there were other templates that worked just as well? I do not believe that 90% of people using one template is the mark of a well-balanced game, so I stated that...

Meh, you are looking at the original UO, before Itemization and the ability know darn near everything about darn near everything, in other words the information glut.

I don't PvP anymore for that reason, it isn't PvP it is Item vs Item + Macro vs Macro + (optional) Hack vs Hack. In short PvP is a lot of things but Player vs Player is NOT one of them.

So when you speak of "holding down buttons" then lets hope YOU are excluding the holding down the Special Moves Buttons etc. Often it is said that Tamers are BAD because it is only "All Kill", well no way in hell that is true, any mob/person that can cast invis, shadow step, hide is forcing that simplicity to not work.

So now lets look at Melee/PvP: Get a good Razor/UOSteam (etc) macro and that is your bread and butter. It heals when you need it, it cures when you need it, it special moves when you can, it cast chiv spells when you need them, it cast any other spells you deem useful when you need them.

Unfortunately the majority of players use UOSteam for other reason that have to do with repetitive tasks.

In addition, for what it is worth, multiple templates is the dream of every designer, yet inherent in that dream is the inability to make everyone happy. The most successful implementation is to simply force everyone to be cookie cutter's, then it is balanced.

OR, you simply ignore everyone that calls for any kind of nerf or says any template is over powered.