UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Essence of Wind, Summon Fey/Fiend

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
We are currently testing the following changes on the Test Center:
  • Essence of Wind immunity
    This is a custom feature that grants players a 1 minute immunity from the FC/SSI debuff if you let it expire naturally (i.e. the immunity is not granted if you eat an enchanted apple!).

We are hoping this will prevent the Essence of Wind debuff from dominating during group PvP fights, something that many players consider harmful to the game experience both here and on OSI.

The change is constructed in such a way to not affect PvM at all, and to not nerf the spell completely. We feel this is an important requirement for any custom change to this spell. The change merely prevents players constantly being affected by the debuff.
    :space:
  • Summon Fey/Fiend correction
    Summoned feys and fiends have their stats and skills reduced to OSI-accurate levels. This consists of the following changes:
    • HP set to 10
    • Mana set to 15
    • Magery set to 20
    • Fiends are no longer bleed immune.
    Summoning more than one fey or fiend, by having an arcane focus, will also cost additional mana (10 mana per additional summon, subject to LMC).
We are interested to see how these changes affect playstyle. Any feedback/testing results are most welcome!

Last edited:

MB

Knight
I can't tell much of a difference using the 10 hp pixies as a tank against a wall of Destard spawn, so my use for them remains.

I'm fine with wind as is, but if a change must be made, I'd prefer something like this as opposed this to nerfing it's effects. The proposed change would lead to it being used more strategically and not just spammed.

Necrodog

Page
I can't tell much of a difference using the 10 hp pixies as a tank against a wall of Destard spawn, so my use for them remains.

I'm fine with wind as is, but if a change must be made, I'd prefer something like this as opposed this to nerfing it's effects. The proposed change would lead to it being used more strategically and not just spammed.
Exactly, Wind would still be useful but you would have to be smart about using it.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Bump, added the following:
Summoning more than one fey or fiend, by having an arcane focus, will also cost additional mana (10 mana per additional summon, subject to LMC).

Note that on OSI, the additional mana is not subject to LMC. This is an intentional difference.

Remove the spells all together in PvP and I might think about playing again. Also fix archery from doing 2 hit kills to players, that would also encourage me to play again..
I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not but an archer from China that has never PvP'd a day in their life and can't play a mage to save their ass should not be able to insta kill top pvpers that play on Mages. There is a reason that 90% of players on the server play archers, because they are simply overpowered as shit.

On a serious note thanks for stepping up and acknowledging that essance of wind is a huge issue.

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Remove the spells all together in PvP and I might think about playing again. Also fix archery from doing 2 hit kills to players, that would also encourage me to play again..
I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not but an archer from China that has never PvP'd a day in their life and can't play a mage to save their ass should not be able to insta kill top pvpers that play on Mages. There is a reason that 90% of players on the server play archers, because they are simply overpowered as shit.

On a serious note thanks for stepping up and acknowledging that essance of wind is a huge issue.
去你的,我最好了。我杀他了1v2。Starlito+HeavysmokerVS。ME 。。。 ping1000
02-22-2015 21.16.45.jpg

A US Marshall

Sorceror

Exactly. Let's not be choosy about what should be nerf'd and what should not. How about we fair the whole system up just like smoker said. Nerf the archers some and also make all two handed weapons have the balance property possible. Archers shouldn't be able to constant mortal and constant concussion blow. It's rigd and the reason I quit osi and came to demise years ago. Don't let this destroy demise more than it already has...

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Exactly. Let's not be choosy about what should be nerf'd and what should not. How about we fair the whole system up just like smoker said. Nerf the archers some and also make all two handed weapons have the balance property possible. Archers shouldn't be able to constant mortal and constant concussion blow. It's rigd and the reason I quit osi and came to demise years ago. Don't let this destroy demise more than it already has...
Yeah. I totally agree with you. Special abilities only for archery weapons should cost triple mana and nerf range of archery weapons to one tile. Archers shouldn't act like archers. Anybody who plays an archer is a creep and loser. That's the reason i quit minecraft, because you are able to craft a bow and kill with it there.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
We are currently testing the following changes on the Test Center:
  • Essence of Wind immunity
    This is a custom feature that grants players a 1 minute immunity from the FC/SSI debuff if you let it expire naturally (i.e. the immunity is not granted if you eat an enchanted apple!).

We are hoping this will prevent the Essence of Wind debuff from dominating during group PvP fights, something that many players consider harmful to the game experience both here and on OSI.

The change is constructed in such a way to not affect PvM at all, and to not nerf the spell completely. We feel this is an important requirement for any custom change to this spell. The change merely prevents players constantly being affected by the debuff.
    :space:
  • Summon Fey/Fiend correction
    Summoned feys and fiends have their stats and skills reduced to OSI-accurate levels. This consists of the following changes:
    • HP set to 10
    • Mana set to 15
    • Magery set to 20
    • Fiends are no longer bleed immune.
We are interested to see how these changes affect playstyle. Any feedback/testing results are most welcome!

EoS said "We are hoping this will prevent the Essence of Wind debuff from dominating during group PvP fights, something that many players consider harmful to the game experience both here and on OSI."

Most of the whole fucking server considers archers over powered and under skilled and most of the server wants this shit changed deeming it unsettling and unfair/harmful to the game experience in pvp.

I heard a little bitching about essence of wind and this is a good start to change but not nearly as many people complained about essence of wind as they are about archers doing two hit kills. Why don't you post a poll and give the players what they want? Fair PVP EoS. Also let's ban steam and razor while we're at it which would completely even the playing field on demise because those too have harmed the server more than anything. Looping macroing losers shouldn't be given a position at demise. Fix the real issues please.

royal kapero2

Sorceror
EoS said "We are hoping this will prevent the Essence of Wind debuff from dominating during group PvP fights, something that many players consider harmful to the game experience both here and on OSI."

Most of the whole fucking server considers archers over powered and under skilled and most of the server wants this shit changed deeming it unsettling and unfair/harmful to the game experience in pvp.

I heard a little bitching about essence of wind and this is a good start to change but not nearly as many people complained about essence of wind as they are about archers doing two hit kills. Why don't you post a poll and give the players what they want? Fair PVP EoS. Also let's ban steam and razor while we're at it which would completely even the playing field on demise because those too have harmed the server more than anything. Looping macroing losers shouldn't be given a position at demise. Fix the real issues please.

Also an amount of mana should affect casting speed. And resisting spells should have chance to parry all the magery and necro spells and remove LRC mod from the game.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Resist spells used to actually do what you just said royal "you feel yourself resisting the spell" or some shit showed as a message and I agree that it should. Yes remove lrc too that wouldn't bother me a bit.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Anyone who thinks archery is overpowered here is doing something wrong, because it's the opposite. It's weak. Kapero knows this. If I play tactics mage with 20 or less dci and ~65 cold/poison he is gonna hit me hard and often. If I have max dci and full resist, he does very little damage, and has very little chance to hit.

Necrodog

Page
Archers are not overpowered, they are just Cheesy, like UO Steam Mages.

On Demise, you are rewarded for playing Cheesy Templates, or templates that take advantage of imbalances in the game. For Archers, this means abusing moving shot, HML, mortal wound, bandaging on-the-run, and stacking damage increase and strength to do high DPS. For mages, it boils down to Evil Omen Paralyze, the heal button + incredibly fast casting, and NEVER missing when casting a spell within range.

I believe if the changes I suggested were implemented, then the shard's PvP would be more balanced for all template types; Archers, having lost their god-like DPS, would have to be good at using different tactics to fight rather than just mortal wound and moving shot spamming. Mages, having lost their god-like heals and the ability to have the game play itself through UOCarebear- Err, I mean... UOSteam, would have to learn new spell timings, and plan each spell cast carefully, rather than just spamming lesser heals with perfectly-timed cures, and magic arrow/fireball/harm spam button-mashing stupidity.

As it is, each template type is overpowered in it's own way, which would make it seem as though they would balance each other out, but they don't. They just make the game seem a lot more basic, and, well... cheesier.

Less cheese, please.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Archers are not overpowered, they are just Cheesy, like UO Steam Mages.

On Demise, you are rewarded for playing Cheesy Templates, or templates that take advantage of imbalances in the game. For Archers, this means abusing moving shot, HML, mortal wound, bandaging on-the-run, and stacking damage increase and strength to do high DPS. For mages, it boils down to Evil Omen Paralyze, the heal button + incredibly fast casting, and NEVER missing when casting a spell within range.

I believe if the changes I suggested were implemented, then the shard's PvP would be more balanced for all template types; Archers, having lost their god-like DPS, would have to be good at using different tactics to fight rather than just mortal wound and moving shot spamming. Mages, having lost their god-like heals and the ability to have the game play itself through UOCarebear- Err, I mean... UOSteam, would have to learn new spell timings, and plan each spell cast carefully, rather than just spamming lesser heals with perfectly-timed cures, and magic arrow/fireball/harm spam button-mashing stupidity.

As it is, each template type is overpowered in it's own way, which would make it seem as though they would balance each other out, but they don't. They just make the game seem a lot more basic, and, well... cheesier.

Less cheese, please.

Contradicting sentence sir.

You say
"Archers are not overpowered, they are just Cheesy, like UO Steam Mages."

Then say
"On Demise, you are rewarded for playing Cheesy Templates, or templates that take advantage of imbalances in the game."

An imbalance would indicate an overpowering and unfair advantage.

Nonetheless I agree. Steam, razor and easyuo banned please and anyone caught with significant proof (video of weird actions and gameplay or something?) should be jailed for a month and then if caught again banned for a year. Remove 50% damage inc from archers and I feel it would be closer to even fighting. When I'm full 70's resist and 145 hpi with 120 wrestling and still getting hit for 70 damage constantly is BS.
Now I'm not bragging but my suit is 43 dci, max lrc and worth over 200KK and some noob with a 18KK suit does over half my life with every shot without a corpseskin or curse on me is a very big imbalance in the game.

It's not to late to save demise but time is running out!

MB.

Wanderer
Wow, is there anything you retards don't cry about? If you are dying to freshly suited noob archers, you are very bad, and you should feel bad. Maybe you need a brand new even better assist program Marshall if you can't heal enough to survive a 1v1 with an archer.

MB.

Wanderer
Your a waste of time. Keep using your automated systems for EVERYTHING to play uo.
And 'your' a bad grammarian. I have the most complicated system of playing of anybody in UO and probably use two or three times the number of hotkeys as you. Maybe you eat dirt in every scenario against me because I have accounted for every possible outcome and am always two steps ahead. Yeah let's go back to non-assist UO-only hotkey system and crash the while economy and kill the shard. Hurrrdurrr genius.