UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Detect Hidden

Drucilia

Knight
I have a stealther. He has 100 hide 100 stealth 100 or so dex.
I can detect him in 1 go 99% of the time with my human with the racial +20 bonus. This is standing in a feild not in my house. the stealther is naked and has resist spells which i dont think matters
This doesnt seem right.

MB

Knight
You're probably targeting within a tile or two of where he's standing. Add some range to it and you'll fail some.

kolbycrouch

Knight
The farther away the tile that you target from the tile that the character is standing on, determines your chance of success. Targeting the exact tile should give you an almost perfect chance.

Diz

Wanderer
I have an additional, slightly related question...

...lets say you're at 0 hiding, 0 stealth, etc... and then I'm at gm hiding/stealth etc... and then Bob comes by and tries use Tracking.

Is there a chance he only spots you on the tracking list? Or is Bob going to see both of us on the tracking list every successful time he tracks? What about tracking skill level itself, does that have anything to do with this?

Hope this is easy to understand, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bama

Bug Huntress
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/detecthidden.shtml
Everything about this skill on Demise needs to be looked at, there are many problems with detect hidden

I have an additional, slightly related question...

...lets say you're at 0 hiding, 0 stealth, etc... and then I'm at gm hiding/stealth etc... and then Bob comes by and tries use Tracking.

Is there a chance he only spots you on the tracking list? Or is Bob going to see both of us on the tracking list every successful time he tracks? What about tracking skill level itself, does that have anything to do with this?

Hope this is easy to understand, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/tracking.php

"Your ability to track another player is determined by your Tracking and Detect Hidden skills and your target's Hiding and Stealth skills. The exact formula looks like this:

% Chance of tracking = (Tracking + Detect Hidden + Random 1-20) / (Hiding + Stealth) * 50

So a player with GM Tracking and Stealth would have approximately a 50% chance of tracking a player with GM Hiding and Stealth.

Players with no Hiding or Stealth can always be tracked with 100% chance, however all human characters have Jack of all Trades of 20 hiding and stealth and elven characters have a racial resistance making them harder to track."

Last edited:
Reactions: Diz