UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise QnA (Mar 5, 2009)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Demise QnA (Mar 5, 2009)

How many items are on the server? How many RBCs are in game? Ornaments of the Magician? Hat of the Magi? Totems?
As of yesterday morning there were 168,561 mobiles and 6,087,950 items on server. Not so shabby but my guess is those numbers have gone up by a few hundred overnight.

Now, I can appreciate a person wanting to know exactly how many of each item are on server; however, I'm not going to send the admin on a cat and mouse chase. Obviously also knowing the exact numbers of all the biggies can also give an advantage to anyone that has one and wants to sell it. What I can do is reference a post a while back we had about the net tosses. Counts were done on a few items so I'll just parrot them back to you here:
Rose of Trinsic: 131
Quackle Cutlass: 50
Ornies: 281

When can we expect another maze, crafted by Naddict?
(answered by Naddict) Nothing is planned right now, its usually when I can come up with enough new stuff to confuse the players with. I learned alot of new tricks from the players during the last version so I need to come up with new puzzles to get around those.

What is your least favorite town in the whole of UO and why would you rather avoid it?
Athena: It has to be Luna, I would blow it up if I could :D

Caine: Luna, because it is a huge pain in the ass.

Crimson: I detest Trinsic. I get lost there. Its the most confusing city I have ever been in and well, I just don't go there outside of the Obsidian Quest.

Ferris: Wind, too much marble.

Naddict: Luna. It's a terrible town design which just leads to a lot of lag.

Nestor: Bucs, it's just a scary town ;)

psz: Any town in The Lost Lands. Reason: It's the Lost Lands :-P

Xavier: Magincia - not enough anything

Ever got killed by Ferris?
Athena: Strangely enough .. No I haven't ... YET!

Caine: Of course

Crimson: yup... player and staff chars have both fallen at the hands of Ferris.

Ferris: Once or twice.

Naddict: The better question might be who hasn't been killed by Ferris.

Nestor: What a question to ask ;)

psz: In game, or ... ?

Xavier: Nope!

(EDIT: As of March 5th, 4:58pm EST, Athena and Xavier have now been killed by Ferris.)

If you were in charge of UO, what would you change?
Athena: No Elves!

Caine: No tram, keep young status and possibly increase young time to allow people time to train a bit before being slaughtered.

Crimson: I would actually extend the Fel ruleset but continue to withhold all young people to Tram rulesets for training. Luna would be changed completely around and the all access NPC pass would end. I would like to see a town system put in place so players could build their own town, maintain citizens, boundaries, and NPC rewards (ie banker, provisioner, etc) with cost and reward involved. More group dynamics are needed in hunting/questing. Of course... all of this (and many other thoughts) are for changes to UO. For Demise, I'd stick with getting instanced corpses in as a primary goal.

Ferris: Need more dynamic content.

Naddict: Instanced corpses would be nice. Maybe some large quest system for guilds to participate in besides champion spawns.

psz: Items made of different ores would be worth different amounts on NPC Vendors. (Demise had this for a very short time). The Virtue System would work and make sense in the Traditional Ultima way. Tram would be gone, and Malas would be Fel Rules (and I'm a Trammy :-P). More social aspects to get Group Gaming more involved (beyond guilds and Factions). Probably another three or four dozen things.

Xavier: Instanced gauntlet! Not just corpses, but bosses, doors, everything. Each party or individual entering the gauntlet will see only THEIR instanced bosses, and related items/corpses, and will not see other players or parties. When the last of each party logs out, their instance gets destroyed and they must re-enter to get it started again. Loot rights would go back to pre-aos when it was much much harder to hit something a couple times and get loot rights, and corpses in tram and fel are legally lootable after the first 7 min timer. Runics would be adjusted for results better reflecting their obtainability.

--------------------------
Got a question you want to ask staff? Email them to uoladycrimson -at- yahoo -dot- com

Questions sent in by other means will be deleted. Questions along the lines of 'when are we getting ML' will be ignored.

Immortality

Wanderer
Re: Demise QnA (Mar 5, 2009)

Im just happy that Demise is an OSI "clone", cos I would totally HATE to lose Trammel rulesets... In fact, that's the reason why I started on this shard. PvM ftw! ^_^

Dilly

Knight

I take pride in knowing that I own roughly 1/50th of the ornies on the shard :) hehehe

I like how Ferris says he has killed himself a few times.. lawl.. he has killed me so many times. It is interesting to see the staff's thoughts. Thanks for this post

LadyCrimson;522307 said:
Xavier: Instanced gauntlet! Not just corpses, but bosses, doors, everything. Each party or individual entering the gauntlet will see only THEIR instanced bosses, and related items/corpses, and will not see other players or parties. When the last of each party logs out, their instance gets destroyed and they must re-enter to get it started again. Loot rights would go back to pre-aos when it was much much harder to hit something a couple times and get loot rights, and corpses in tram and fel are legally lootable after the first 7 min timer. Runics would be adjusted for results better reflecting their obtainability.

you mean WoW? ;p

Guyver991

Wanderer

uome;522495 said:
Neither have I.

Come to think of it . . . I don't know if I have ever seen him (which is probably the only reason I haven't, based on the stories:))

Lastday

Wanderer

Long story coming, impatient people turn away now!

I first played UO sometime during 2002 or 2003... I think.
That's about 6 or 7 years ago.

First shard I ever played on had no Trammel.
I was never into PvP, and the Finnish shards being small there was usually one or two groups of people who knew how to PK and everybody else just tried to hide in some small corner with recall set on a macro.

I usually stealthed everywhere to not to die.
Killed orcs with blade spirits, fished for treasure.
I became pretty infamous by stealthing into people's houses and looting all their stuff, and leaving a book with my name on it on the floor.
It was perfectly ok on the shards I played on, no rules for it.

The community on the shard was basically "oh a nub, let's kill him and throw his equipment into a trashcan and lol about it on irc"
In case you wonder, I actually saw that happen a few times.

I played some other shards with some of the same people later, and I was a GM on two or three ~100 player shards, but yeah I guess the first one left me with mixed feelings about Felucca forever.

Trammel is the very reason my cousin loved Demise and invited me here.

He's even more of a newbie in combat than I am, and instead of being PK'd every 10 minutes for our non-magical leather sets and 50 of each reagents at skeletons people actually chatted with us and we eventually got to kill much more interesting monsters.
I prefer to hunt monsters in peace, and decorate and upgrade my house somewhere where I'm not in constant danger.

However!
I really wish that OSI gave much more reasons to enter Felucca.
Some of the weapon/armor crafting materials should have been made to only spawn in Felucca if you ask me.

Also, thinking back it was nice how on one shard the black solen infiltrators spawned only in Felucca and you had to go there for the matriarch's quest. ;)
Everybody too afraid to go to Felucca was stuck doing Queen's quest with 10 other people doing it over and over.

Needless to say, powder was quite a bit more valuable there than here!

I don't wanna be PK'd while hunting skeletons or orcs.
Rather, I want to be chased by PKs when I entered Felucca in hopes of something valuable, something that doesn't require me to be in a big guild or know a lot of people like the champ spawns do.

I grow tired of PKs really fast, yet I love the idea of risk vs reward.

Ah well. C'est la vie.