UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Culture comes to Yew

Sintoo

Sorceror
Culture comes to Yew

Yew Seasonal Culture Week

Through December 11 - 16
In Celebration of our brave soldiers and hardworking citizens.

Yew is preparing to hold a week of events to inspire and entertain the troops of the yewian army for their hard work and dedication within the army to keep the state and it’s inhabitants safe.
Famous actors, bards and sculptures across the land of Sosaria has been brought to Yew to perform their professional skills.
A week filled with events has been planned and arranged not only to entertain the troops but to bring culture to the people and joy for the masses.

December 11th - 15th
The weeks running events

There will be two running events during the week which you don’t have to
actually be in game to compete in.
These two events are as following:

Story Contest

Your story may be about anything as long as it is Ultima related.
Include your player name as well as forum name within the book.

House deco item customization

You are to design a custom house item with a Christmas theme.
You may use any materials at your disposal.
Take a picture of your creation and post it in this thread.

Your contribution to the contests needs to be given to me at the latest on the 15th of December to be able to participate. You can reach me through this thread or by sending me a PM so we can work out a time for the transaction to take place.
Winners will be announced on the 16th of December at the theatre play.

Tuesday, December 11th. GMT +1 21:00
Yew Wintermarket

The State of Yew offers you a great opportunity to get in touch with your customers to see to their needs and make yourselves a coin!
The market is a great way to peddle your wares and make business connections.
There will be food and drinks! (hopefully)
And for those that need to went their aggressions a fight pit!

Special winter market event: Sculpting and painting
To bring in a little more culture in to the daily lives of our citizens there will be held a sculpture making and a painting contest.

Sculpting contest
The participants must make a "sculpture".
They may use any sort of material they choose to bring with them and build it however they'd like to, by either stacking items on to each other or by placing them side by side.

Painting contest
The participants is to paint a picture by the use of laying coloured cloth within a grid of 10*10.

Keep in mind this is a role playing event, don’t expect to much of it if you're actually looking for the latest PvP weapons or the greatest rings. Set up a market stall for fun selling crummy wares for a few bucks and go around shopping just for the hell of it.
Anyone interested in setting up a market stall please contact me so I can see if there's actually one interested in this.
Perhaps buying or selling wares that could be used for the contests?

Wednesday, December 12th. GMT +1 22:00
Battle of the Bards

The greatest bards across the lands has flocked to partake in this epic event to once and for all determine who is the better bard amongst them!
A stage will be set at the State of Yew capital province at the crossroads of Yew.

RULES
  • The lyrics must be you're OWN.
  • You may have as many people as you wish in your band playing a wide amount of instruments.
  • Though not strictly a child friendly environment try and keep the excessive language to a minimum as their may be a younger audience of players participating.
  • Any sort of stage equipment and pyrotechnics may be used within reasonable limits. You will have to bring this along with yourselves.
  • Bring a book with your registration information. The information should contain A) Band name B) Song Name as well as lyrics C) Band members names and their function within the band.
  • Only pre-Registrated bands will be allowed to perform you may register by sending a PM to me or be responding to this thread.
  • A fee of 5000 Gold coins is required for every band/artist that wants to partake.
  • Any band/artist that does not show up at the given time will be automatically disqualified.

JUDGING
You're performance will be judged by lyrics, stage performance and the stage decoration and use of it.

Friday, December 14th. GMT +1 19:00
State Regatta

The objective is to sail your boat according to a map that will be given and collect a flag at each of these destinations.
The first one to collect all the flags and reach the final docks will be crowned the winner.

RULES
  • Boats may have a crew ranging between 1 - 3 members.
  • All sizes of boats are allowed.
  • No armour, weapons or magery is allowed.
  • Only form of combat allowed is the use of explosion pots. Bring your own kegs you may take as many as you'd like.
  • Bring a book with your registration information. The information should contain A) Your ships name B) The names of your crew and their functions.
  • Only pre-registered crews will be allowed to race you may register by sending a PM to me or be responding to this thread.

As always you will have to come unguilded to be able to participate. There you will be invited in to the guild to be able to cause harm upon one and each other.
So don’t bring anything that your afraid of loosing, as there is no way to control who may kill you and loot you.
So if you have something of value leave it at home!

Sunday, December 16th. GMT +1 21:00
Theatre Play

To end the week of culture there will be a theatre performance at the State of Yew capital province.
Nothing more shall be revealed at this moment.

Searching for actors that is interested and can make it to the said time also ready to put some down time to rehearsal and such.

Donations are more than accepted to be used as prizes for the weeks events.
Also looking for people that is able, interested and willing to help out in the events.

I reserve myself the right to cancel any of these events due to work, lack of time, personal matters etc. If so would happen I will do my best to inform the persons concerned.

Re: Culture comes to Yew

I'm excited about the State Regatta.
All I need is a few party members.
Someone who knows the workings of boat and who can throw explosion potions. PM me if you wanna start a team with me.
(Begins mixing kegs of pots)

Kowe

Wanderer

Aww... I wish i saw this earlier, I would've be in for the painting thing, simply because it's a "Big Art Attack!". Man I loved that show.

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

I think perhaps you tried to do too many things in too short an amount of time. Ideally, that's great, but it seems like people like things spaced. If you try to start any of these up again, let me know and I'll lend a hand if I'm able.

---FK *had interest but didn't get around to reading/posting, sorry*