UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Consistently Crashing after naming a new character.

Anthony File

Sorceror
I'll load my client, try and create a new character on one of my accounts, from there once I fill in the name, gender, and hair styles I click the next button and instantly client crash. It keeps crashing after every attempt at the same spot. Is something wrong with my client (I'm using the fully patched classic client.)? Has anyone else experienced this issue, if so is there a fix to solve this?

I have a new template I wanted to get started on today, but it looks like that won't be happening.

silvertiger

Knight
Probably have to reinstall. :( Are you using the same name as a previous character"kuye"? If that's the case you may be able to change the folders around and fix it. Not sure.

silvertiger

Knight
Probably too many accounts or wrong account name.
If that was the case he wouldn't make it to character creation. Wouldn't crash either. After typing in the account and password, it would go to a screen saying there's some problem communicating or something like that.

Anthony File

Sorceror
Probably have to reinstall. :( Are you using the same name as a previous character"kuye"? If that's the case you may be able to change the folders around and fix it. Not sure.
I've tested on multiple accounts, it crashes at the same stage of character creation. I'm not sure what the issue is at the point honestly.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
I'll test in the morning and see.
Negotiate Feature has nothing to do with this issue all that would is once you are logged in you would have 30sec before the connection drop.

This sounds like a corrupt file. You can try to delete your characters cache in appdata. But most likely need to uninstall and reinstall.