UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Story Telling Contest: May 19, 2009, 9pm EST

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) Story Telling Contest: May 19, 2009, 9pm EST

First, I know that some folks will not be able to attend because of the time. Normally, I hold these events by having folks turn in books, but I want something in game. So, just be patient. I'll mix the times up on these as we have them to ensure good coverage.

':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'​

STORY TELLING CONTEST

':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'​

WHERE: Demise Hall
WHEN:Tuesday, May 19th, 2009
TIME:9pm EST

Tell a story, in character (role play), of an adventure that ended up proving that you were just a young player and didn't know any better. For example, if you were the type of player to constantly get killed by your horse by trying to mount it in war mode, then tell us a great RP story of your horse chasing you from Yew to Skara and back again. Spice it up, make it fun. In the end, those who have been around for a while should be nodding their heads saying "wow, yeah.... poor schmuck, I did that too."

Stories should be no more than 5 minutes long (yes, I will be timing them). You can use a tool like UOWedding to cut down on typing time (just take the time to learn how to USE the tool before attempting to use it the night of the story contest).

Stories do not have to be true but we all know the more truth that is in it, the funnier it will be.

Stories are going to be judged on role play element (you don't have to be a great RPer, just know how to write a story as if it realllly happened to you in RL based on a UO world), logical element, creativity, time, and ability to evoke emotion to the story.

It's meant to be fun. It's meant to be Role Played out. Don't come being a douche and expect to be allowed to remain inside the hall... or not jailed for that matter.

First place will definitely be given out. Second and Third are tentative depending on the number of entries. Judging will be by myself and any other staff present who wish to judge.

You must be present to tell your story and you must be present to receive your prize. I do not anticipate the event taking more than an hour and a half total.

LC

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Story Telling Contest: May 19, 2009, 9pm EST

Approximately 12 hours from this post is the Story Contest tonight. I hope to see you all there (stories in hand, of course)

LC

Hilde

Page
Re: (completed) Story Telling Contest: May 19, 2009, 9pm EST

Hehehe, Rain's story was really good ;)

"I was fighting ants and *poof* ... I stand here with you guys"

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: (completed) Story Telling Contest: May 19, 2009, 9pm EST

The epitome of truly being young, signing up for something and not knowing what it was. *chuckles*