UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Seasonal Story Contest

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) Seasonal Story Contest

This is to announce a seasonal story contest!

To enter:
Write a story inside a SINGLE UO book (the blue books have 40 pages, giving you the most room to work with). The story must be related to the winter season in some way.

Place that book inside a bag.

Inside the same bag, place a book with the following information:
- Character Name
- Forum Username
- Email Address

Take the bag (with both books inside) to the West Brit Bank in Trammel and drop it into the entry box located on the east side of the bank.

Winners:
Winners will be chosen based on the creativity of the story and their ability to include the seasonal theme. Three winners will be selected: First, Second, and Third.

Deadlines:
All entries must be received by December 10th (Wednesday) at midnight, EST (Eastern Standard Time).

Winners will be announced on forums by December 13th (Saturday).

kyozame

Wanderer
Re: Seasonal Story Contest

Are we being judged on grammer? I just proof-read my entry, several grammer mistakes, just some comma misplacement lol. T_T <-- fails.

scarface2

Sorceror

""Winners will be chosen based on the creativity of the story and their ability to include the seasonal theme."" I don't think your grammar mistakes would matter if you have a good story ;)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I understand that many of the people on our server are not native English speakers and will not be judging on grammar or perfect spelling. It is about the story, creativity, and theme.

kyozame

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;489121 said:
I understand that many of the people on our server are not native English speakers and will not be judging on grammar or perfect spelling. It is about the story, creativity, and theme.

Thats the sad thing... I am born and rasied in America... attend a university and still make mistakes like where were we're lol.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Thats the sad thing... I am born and rasied in America... attend a university and still make mistakes like where were we're lol.
I feel your pain!

How many entries are there... uh.. I don't know. I haven't counted.. more than 3, less than 10. I haven't been home yet today to pick up any more entries.

and she wins a mcvalue fry at mcdonalds from me !
awesome ;)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Entries have been closed. Twelve stories have been received. I'll be reading through tonight and tomorrow and pulling other unsuspecting staff in to take a look. Then, by Saturday something the winner will be announced.

Good luck to you all.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: (completed) Seasonal Story Contest

AND THE WINNERS ARE:
1st Place: Luna Moonfang with "Where is the Snow"
Winning: A fruit basket, empty basket, and holiday tree deed

2nd Place: Kemile with "A Visit from SaiNT NiCKeL[LAWLZ]"
Winning: A fruit basket and holiday tree deed

3rd Place: Rae'lan Ba'Dara with "Dragor's Remembrance"
Winning: An empty basket and holiday tree deed

The winning stories are on display on top of the West Brit Bank in Trammel.

Thank you to all who entered!

Please do not forget about the holiday house deco contest :)

kyozame

Wanderer

Wooot!!

Man I just finished reading the other two stories, I must say they are really good too! I am surprised Kemile didn't get the first hes a rhyming genius! Had me laughing through the whole thing haha.

Congrats to us winners ^_^

uome

Bug Hunter

I havn't read the stories yet but congrats to the winners, fruit baskets are nice prizes. :)