UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) [PRE] A Samhain Story Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawken

Wanderer
(completed) [PRE] A Samhain Story Contest!

** this is a player ran event - Demise Staff have no affiliation to the event **
---------------------------------​

The Dark Elves [DROW], a Demise Role-Play Guild, is hosting a short story contest to celebrate Samhain (Halloween)!

Story submissions will begin today and will end at midnight EST October 12th.

The theme for the story is Halloween, it should be a role-play type story, and while the story does not need to be drow related extra points will be given if it is.

To submit your story, post it in this thread. All stories will be judged on October 13th and the winners will be announced that evening on the forums. All stories must be original!

Prizes*:

First Place – 400,000 Gold Coins

Second Place – 200,000 Gold Coins

Third Place – 100,000 Gold Coins

Player’s Choice – 50,000 Gold Coins

*The winning players will need to PM me with their in-game characters name to receive their prize. The PM must come from the forum account that posted the story.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Aww I thought it was gonna be an in game story contest where I could sway the
audience into adoring me.
But is probably as well, it makes it easier for all to contribute and partake.

I'll get working on my masterpiece... *coughs*
*Locks himself down into a cellar with his typewriter and a tub of absinth*

I'll see you in three years, Jeanette. You'll wait for me won't you? *puppy eyes...OF MADNESS!*

Sintoo

Sorceror
Re: A Samhain Story Contest!

To get the ball rolling here's a recycled lil story of mine.

Hunted

August 16
Today we caught some rabbits in our traps in the south part of the forest, John even managed to shoot
quite a large hind wich he's of course been bragging about all day.
I tell you that boy could make every little deed seem as he have conquered an army
single-handedly, he conjures up the most fantastic tales of ever so little with that imagination of his.

August 18
The forest doesn't hold as much game as we had hoped. The day have been slow when
checking on the traps most of them showed up empty except some pheasants.

August 19
William came shouting into the camp early this morning claiming that we had caught a bear in one
of our traps in the nortern region of the forest close to the river.
When approaching the trap we saw some...I dont know some sort of animal, it was big and hairy with the face of a goat and had the built of a man.
Before I got to investigate it further John shoot of an arrow into the animals chest before I was able to react.
The scream it let out...it was beyond human but still it sounded like it cried out words of some sort, almost like a cry for... help.
John was all worked up with excitement jabbering on about how they'd make up stories about him and how he'd slayed the beast.

August 20
We've been going through the body of the creature it did'nt have alot of hide that was useful and none of us have dared to eat any of it's flesh.
Under closer inspection we found it's body to be filled with scars from previous wounds, they seemed to have been inflicted by weaponry as far as we could tell.
It also had some smaller skulls in a leather string around it's neck almost as it was some sort of decoration of some sort.
The skulls were of various animals one even seemed quite human.

August 22
The day's have been fruitless we haven't so much as seen dropping's of so much as a rabbit.
I've heard some strange sounds in the night's, sounding like chanting of some sort.
The noises resembled that of the scream of the beast we killed tree days ago but neither William, John
or Gary claimed to have heard the sounds. I'm probably just imagining things.
If thing's doesn't start to pick up we're thinking about moving the camp further
into the forest.

August 23
William and I found some animal carcasses further into the woods today they'd look like they were gutted out
and eaten right there, the marking's of theets and claws on the carcasses didnt resemblance any bear or wolf
I dont know what kind of animal that could've done this.
John and Gary set out to the northern part of the forest again this morning but they have yet still to return, hopefully
all is well and they have just set camp to avoid trying to track their way back in the dark.

August 24
The sounds I heard in the forest on the previous night's was to be heard again but this time nearer and more clearer.
The sounds were of no man but grunts and incomprehensive chanting. William told me he had heard to noises aswell.
John and Gary didn't show up this morning either we went to look for them but we coulden't find any trace of them.
Like they had been engulfed by the earth itself.

August 25
I ventured into the forest alone today William was obviously scared by the these happening's, the sounds...John and Gary going missing.
So I told him to stay in the camp instead in case John and Gary would show up so he woulden't have to bring himself out here.
Upon my return to the camp I had been greatly delayed and the darkness was already out, I saw...William laying upon
the ground and...and there were these creatures...similiar to the one that we had slayed about a week ago but they were smaller, they were... eating on the poor boy.
As they saw me they ran off shouting and grunting...it sounded like they were glad...enjoying themselves.
What a fool I had been I shouldent have let the boy stay in the camp by his own.

August 26
In the night the creatures must have returned, I had wrapped Williams body into some cloth to bring him home with me as I was going
to try to make my way back today from this hellish forest.
But the body was all gone so was the corpse of the creature that we had slayed, on the ground was nothing more then the imprint in the grass witnessing
of that they had once been there.
As the day turned into night I didn't dare to set camp I still marched on. It was not long after I could hear branches break and hoves beating against rocks
behind me...several of these things were after me grunting, sounding like they were cheering eachother on.
I managed to find a small cave to hide myself in and block the entrance I can now hear them outside lifting the stones away, their claws scratching the rocks...screeching, coming closer by every breath I take.
I dont think I'll make it out of here alive so I'll leave this journal of mine here to witness of these events so that one day someone will find it and know my destiny and tell my family I loved them.
Edward Bottoms husband to Anna Bottoms and father to little George Bottoms.

Hawken

Wanderer
Re: [PRE] A Samhain Story Contest!

One week until deadline. Don't forget to submit your Halloween stories!

Bongun

Wanderer

aight i will post my entry. pls tell me if you like it ^^

"Obsu Vulni! Obsu Vulni!! damt it! Kaelthaa! Ob.. Obsu Vulni!!"

Tears ran down my cheeks as I watch in horror while a massive man shaped creature rip my brother apart.. limb by limb, parts of my brothers mangled body is chewed down as the monster gorges itself, its mouth filled with flesh and blood alike.. I felt it smiling... It was horrifying.. despite all this... I still cannot digest the truth...

"Ka... Kaeltha..."

Ofcourse I know in my heart my brother will not answer my call.. he was slain.. and I am not far off.. I know this.. my life will end here. The forests of Yew will not protect me.. Tokuno is not a hospitable place.. and this forest shuns all that breathes..

"awwoooooooohh!!"

I felt a cold sensation throughout my body.. icy sweat underneath my cold armor.. Its my turn.

The monster turned its head to me, its blue eyes pierced through me like a spear.

"NO!" i found myself shrieking, eyes! yes, Im sure! blue eyes!! They are everywhere, even in pitch darkness I can see them!! how I wish I was human... I could have died without feeling this immense fear.. this dread... I must run!

"Consecrus Arma!"

"Divinum Furis!"

"Forul Solum!"

I charged to the one standing above my brother and swung the heavy bastard sword in my hands, It was taken by surprise! The prey has gone insane! it probably have thought.. The monster was thrown towards its pack who scrambled to get out of the way.. now is my chance!

I headed north towards a cavern, felt a cold chill coming from the other side.. I glanced back.. two, no three gave chase and they are not far behind.. The one at the back with a satisfied grin and a bloody mouth.. curse him..

"Arrgh!" I was thrown towards the cliff wall, blood trickled down my cheeks, I have lost my helm. I looked up to see that the monster readies for another strike! with much effort i thrusted my sword into its belly, it let out a fearsome howl while the others, awestruck, watched as it fell down to my feet. It was the end of me i thought as they let out a sad piercing howl in unison.. then they fled towards the forest..I was left alive.. wounded.. but i still breathe...

I limped out of the cave and saw a thick layer of snow.. i sense loneliness in the air... and my little happiness for killing that monster turned back to dread.. "I will not last any longer" I whispered to myself, my wounds are grave, my prayers remained unanswered.. typical that it will fail when i need it the most, i thought. My god has forsaken me...

It was a long trek, the snow up to my hips, cold down to my bosom while my wounds made it worse... It is getting dark... I am tired.. famished.. this is it.

I allowed myself to fall and feel the cold on my cheeks. I closed my eyes and remembered how me and my brother would go hunting in the forests of yew, how he would smile and make everything alright when my betrothed left me..

"kaelthaa.." I found myself saying as I try to reopen my eyes... there is someone.. a child.. a girl with black flowing hair.. tattered clothes.. blue eyes... and blood all around her lips.. No words came when i opened my lips... my eyes closed and there was darkness.

Her eyes shimmered in the dark as the mist rose up and coiled around her feet like a snake trying to constrict something. She looked towards the sea, hoping that the mist would die soon and diminish into the air.

Where am I?
she thought.

Who am I?
her thoughts kept lingering around and more questions began to spark inside of her mind.

What am I?
she thought again as she looked down at her hands and noticed that they were not the smooth, pale skin that her husband use to caress. But instead, her fingers were long and delicate and a dark shade of grey, almost like the color of ash.

Am I dead? Am I alive? What is this feeling inside of my chest? she clutched her hand against her chest and felt nothing. No heartbeat at all, and but she was still breathing, so that was a good sign.

What!? she let out a horrible scream but the scream that she let out was not her own. It was diabolical, almost as it was taunting her.

Are you dead my dear? her thoughts asked her.

I'm not! she told her thoughts, but in the back of her mind it lingered and pricked at her mind like icy fingers. She was dead, she felt dead, but she was dead with a conscious.

The mist continued to rise up and it was now curling around her body, straining her chest as the snake grew in size.

She walked steadily but slowly towards the shore but she felt her kneese getting weak, this was not her body, this voice was not hers, she was not herself anymore.

She got down on her knees and crawled towards the shore. She wanted to cry, she NEEDED to cry but the tears did not come out, not one emotion was inside of her body. She pulled herself into the water and looked down into the quivering and unsettling image. Her hair was no longer red, it was black. Her shimmering eyes were fading away and being left in its stead was a very dark maroon color, almost exactly the color of blood.

"So, you are born again." a soft yet masculine voice came from behind her.

If she was normal she would of screamed. But instead she craned her neck and looked at the tall man.

He had a hood that leaned downed around his head and covered his eyes. His skin was dark and ashy like, but the most unique thing that she could see about the man was the sneer that his mouth formed.

"Born again?" she asked.

The man nodded and walked towards her, but she immediately stepped backwards and into the cold water.

"Don't be frightened my young child." the man grinned and took off his hood, revealing the rest of his face. His eyes were slanted and his eye brows were parallel to them. To someone else they would of appeared hostile and cold. But to her, they seemed friendly and warming. His ears were different, they were not like hers or anyone elses that she has seen. They were curve upwards and to a point.

"Who are you?" she asked him, leaning in closer. The scent he was giving off was amazing, almost alluring and seductive.

"My name is of no importance." he said slyly and then threw his hood up over his head. "But you, your name is already given. We know who you are." he grinned again and extended his hand again. This time she took his hand.

His hand felt warm against hers, like it was a perfect fit, her hand in his. Her eyes flickered to his and she gave a soft smile, but still she felt nothing.

"What are you?" she asked softly while looking at his ears.

The man smiled. "Oh you are a thick headed one aren't you?" he dragged her along, away from the shore and into the thick forest.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked.

"Don't you ever assume things for yourself?" he told her.

"You don't have to be rude!" she harshly said.

"It's not my job to be rude, it's to tell the truth." he grinned.

They continued to walk through the forest all the way into twilight before they stopped and sat down. She was not tired at all, and she assumed that he was not either. She was afraid to ask why they stopped, considering it would be another question.

"We stopped because they are coming. They howl into the wind." he said to her, then immediately stopped to listen.

The wind gently rustled against the leaves but in the distance she could hear something. Something running towards them. The sound of an animal running. But she heard something else, something horrible behind the sound of the running animal.

"What is that?" she asked.

"That, my child, is the sound of death. The Legion walks again, and it walks with a fury."

She caught herself grinning and she was surprised, it wasn't an emotion, but it was a start. Something inside of her burned, it burned like an unholy fire that was ready to be unleashed.

"The Legion?"

He nodded and from under-neath his hooded robe his took out two curved blades that ran along his arms. "Just run! Run west and stay away from the road! You'll find a mountain with a broken path that leads upwards. Once up there, you'll know your way! Trust me! Now run!" he yelled at her.

She did not need to listen to him again, once he stopped talking she began to ran in the direction she was ordered to. She did not know which way was north or south, but inside of her chest she knew which way was west.

"I will protect you my Queen!" the man yelled again, and soon after that was the clash of steel against steel and then a soft laughter, the laughter that would send chills up Death's spine if it had one.

My Queen her mind began to talk to her again.
My child, does that moon look beautiful tonight?

Hawken

Wanderer

The Samhain Story Contest is Closed! Entries will be judged and winners will be posted tomorrow!

Good luck!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I am closing this thread - please be sure to VOTE for your favorite story in the general forum!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.