UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Spellbooks should be disarmable

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
Re: Spellbooks should be disarmable

I *THINK* that this is where that's fixed:

Code:
			else if ( toDisarm == null || toDisarm is BaseShield || toDisarm is Spellbook )

Remove the spellbook reference, and it should work.

(haven't tested yet ;->)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Please note this is ML only so it shouldn't affect anything prior for servers running SE and the like....

LadyCrimson;566400 said:
Please note this is ML only so it shouldn't affect anything prior for servers running SE and the like....

So, in theory:
Code:
else if ( toDisarm == null || toDisarm is BaseShield || toDisarm is Spellbook [COLOR=Red]&& !Core.ML[/COLOR] )

Yes, it was so.

Tested with:
ML - you can disarm spellbooks
SE - you can't (says the target is unarmed)
AOS - you can't
Pre-AoS - won't work Disarm at all... there are no AOS abilities there :p

So, that's the patch:
Code:
Index: Scripts/Items/Weapons/Abilities/Disarm.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Items/Weapons/Abilities/Disarm.cs    (revision 321)
+++ Scripts/Items/Weapons/Abilities/Disarm.cs    (working copy)
@@ -53,7 +53,7 @@
             {
                 attacker.SendLocalizedMessage( 1004001 ); // You cannot disarm your opponent.
             }
-            else if ( toDisarm == null || toDisarm is BaseShield || toDisarm is Spellbook )
+            else if ( toDisarm == null || toDisarm is BaseShield || toDisarm is Spellbook && !Core.ML )
             {
                 attacker.SendLocalizedMessage( 1060849 ); // Your target is already unarmed!
             }

I don't think there is other to test about, so I signal it as ready.

cuattamu

Knight
Re: [Ready] Spellbooks should be disarmable

This might not be the proper place for this so feel free to move this around if necessary. I am not posting a bug per say but it is a comment regarding this particular update. If this patch is integrated with the code base, anyone dependent on fc/fcr on a spellbook will be at a serious disadvantage. I imagine OSI has the "chaos shield - museum of vesper replica" to balance this or disarming spellbooks is to balance out the shield, depends on whatever came out first.

I have no arguments against being OSI accurate but please consider these issues when integrating code. I have not done extensive research on the matter but I see the unordered patching/code fixes as a likely cause of unbalancing game play unless proper care is taken when integrating. Something to consider. Thanks

psz

Administrator

All of the OSI updates will be going in. Just because one is done before the other doesn't mean it will go in first. They all NEED to be done. The more that are done at a time, the better. There's no "pecking order" of who's fixes or which fixes will be in. They WILL all be in at some point. Just be patient.

Side note (Not directed specifically at cuat):
Having someone comment on every fix (whether it's a "This needs to wait for <x>" type or "I don't like <x>") is not productive. Let the coders code, let the data miners mine, and let the work get done.

cuattamu;566720 said:
I have no arguments against being OSI accurate but please consider these issues when integrating code. I have not done extensive research on the matter but I see the unordered patching/code fixes as a likely cause of unbalancing game play unless proper care is taken when integrating. Something to consider. Thanks

We discussed a lot about this, at the end we decided to code freely, and Mark and psz will decide what to implement.

Anyway, if you look at what is ready and in testing phase, you will notice there is NEVER a batch of updates including only nerfs: there are in this case conflagration potions ready, spellweaving spells ready (without nerfing the others now, I beg you to notice this). For PvP, many skills, not only mages, are affected.
I know every update will change something and it's impossible to ensure a balanced gameplay, at least we try not to unbalance it too much!

If we should talk about balancing, so no code should be released until the full ML is released. This would create lots of problems though, like the code not to be fully revised and being hardly understandable.

And, if we should talk *really* about balancing, then ML is already unbalanced in OSI. Think about archers

Lucifall

Knight

@ osd

While I see that you are adding good stuff, not everyone will use it. I know for a fact I won't use alchemy unless if explosion pots have their damage fixed. What most people are asking is to be orderly when adding the patches. The tactic fix was added because of the new weapon possibilities in OSI, for instance. We understand it's not our choice tho, so no need to quote me on that.

osd_daedalus;566731 said:
And, if we should talk *really* about balancing, then ML is already unbalanced in OSI. Think about archers

They aren't that bad. I've experienced them first hand. Specially with the death strike nerf, tactics fix and so on.

darthjesus;566741 said:
you could disarm pre-aos

lol :D

I have also tried it and guess what? You can't strike a hit if you activate disarm in pre-AoS. The button was already on the UO desktop, otherwise there would not be possibility to use disarm.

darthjesus;566783 said:
you have to use the pre-aos toggle in razor

oh... you're right. But it's not a matter: won't work on SE, won't work on AOS and so it's normal it won't work on pre-AOS. Hybrid/Divinity and other pre-AoS shards have nothing to complain ;)

gilgamash

Knight

cuattamu;566720 said:
I imagine OSI has the "chaos shield - museum of vesper replica" to balance this or disarming spellbooks is to balance out the shield, depends on whatever came out first.

Something to consider. Thanks

We talked about this yesterday, and if someone checks this '2/1-shields' things on OSI out and gives some details on how and where to get tham and about how exactly they look like, whether they are forgeable, etc., I'll gladly add those items!

G.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The Museum replica items are part of the ML release.... they would not just be added into game. They are only obtainable by donating to the museum.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Sure - its called dexxers no longer get HCI on their shields or pay an arm and a leg for one that has it :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

To be serious -

Logically, why couldn't I knock a book out of someone's hand? Any weapon weilder has had to deal with losing his or her primary ability when he or she was disarmed.... not just a modifier - their entire ability. So, I don't see it as unbalacing anything considering even if the book is disarmed (for the few seconds that it isn't in hand) it doesn't disable the players entire ability to cast spells not to mention a player doesn't have to solely rely on his or her spellbook for FC/FCR mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.