UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Complete Skill Guide

hugoboss

Sorceror
Bama,

Yes, true that some of the procedures and advice as written in it's time for the 'Complete Skill Guide' needs to be updated, but it's good that the basic framework is in place.

p.s. that whip of yours per the avatar looks like it can simultaneously Herd AND Discord / Demoralise (or Uplift, depending on one's peculiar fancies :oops:)

Bama

Bug Huntress
Hey don't get me wrong it's great that the links work we just need to get how the skills work updated
Stealth -- now only requires 30 in hiding to attempt the skill
The skills/macros were written as how they work/worked on demise and were wrong at the time Muggs did it
As for the whip........ My peculiar fancies!

Bama, I'm aware of the guides and information that has become outdated. I'm currently working on simply revising the entire thing, but I didn't have the time to do that yesterday; hence I just gave a new list of links, to restore some functionality in the meantime. When finished, I think I'd just go ahead and post it as a new thread to replace this one. Probably a lot simpler than getting a moderator to go in and edit all of the posts one-by-one.

Bama

Bug Huntress
I understand what you are doing
What I am trying to point out is that out of the 4 skills I listed
Discordance
Herding
Detect Hidden
*Stealth* <-- ML I think
3 were coded into demise incorrectly
Yes some were changed but only one (stealth) was changed because osi changed the amount of skill you need in hiding to try to stealth
There is a difference between something needing a fix (stealth though there is another report for that as well ) and something that is out and out wrong the other 3 I listed and .......................
You can also add stealing into the mix on how FUBAR'D that skill is on demise
As I posted previously Muggz did a good thing (but he used garbage info to do it to begin with)
What you are doing is a good thing as well it would just be better if things worked as they should

Stealing

Skill Gain Guide: Grab a pack horse and head to Felucca with a stack of empty bottles or stay in Trammel if you are in a guild. Start by getting the pack horse to guard you then you basically make a macro to drop
however many bottles into the pack horse based on your stealing skill. Then you steal them, repeat this untill you done.

Alternativly you can also set up a secure container in your house and steal from it for gains aswell.

Skill --- Number of Bottles​
10 --- 1​
20 --- 2​
30 --- 3​
40 --- 4​
50 --- 5​
60 --- 6​
70 --- 7​
80 --- 8​
90 --- 9​
100 --- 10​
110 --- 11​
120 --- 12​

Why steal:
1. Stealable artifacts in dungeon.
2. Because its fun.
3. Steal Powerscrolls from players after a fresh Champion kill.
4. If your lucky enough steal stat scrolls from players after a Harrower kill.

Stealing Links:
Stealing Information: http://guide.uo.com/skill_33.html
Stealing Information: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/stealing.shtml

Those 2 statements in red
Impossible to do on osi
It can't be done
The first 1 the animal will block your move every time
The second one well lets just think about it just a little bit .................... done?
How the hell does one steal from a container they have access to?
It is a secure container in your house
So I stealth up to this container
Look over my shoulder
Open it.......... wait......what?
Open it?
Okay I have now opened a secure container so I hit my steal macro and grab an item?
I can grab the item without using my stealing macro
What the hell is that all about?

Well, if Demise might be incorrect on those, then I'd put up a bug report on them. If Demise is, in fact, working incorrectly on those skills, then the skill guide, to be USEFUL (since it's a guide for Demise, not OSI) would tragically have to describe the incorrect tactics. However, I would leave in notes warning that this should change in time as discrepancies between Demise and OSI are fixed; and when they come in, the guide will be adjusted accordingly.

Bama

Bug Huntress
Well, if Demise might be incorrect on those, then I'd put up a bug report on them. If Demise is, in fact, working incorrectly on those skills, then the skill guide, to be USEFUL (since it's a guide for Demise, not OSI) would tragically have to describe the incorrect tactics. However, I would leave in notes warning that this should change in time as discrepancies between Demise and OSI are fixed; and when they come in, the guide will be adjusted accordingly.
If?
When?

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/complete-changes-to-detect-hidden-timer.415988/#post-3392568
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/svn-529-discordance-skill-timer.416113/
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/svn-518-herding.415385/page-3#post-3389345
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/svn-536-wrong-skill-requirement-hiding.449478/#post-3571609
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...aling-skill-is-not-right.443215/#post-3540724

Larson

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've taken the liberty of getting a link to each of the posts. If a staff member could edit the original post and replace that list there with this one, it'd fix the whole issue. :)
Thankyou. I've changed the links in the first post.
Any other changes that need making can be done when/if the original author returns.

No supposing here
Or here
Or here
Those are complete
You are free to think as you wish though
My post was mostly sarcasm. Any updated guide would (obviously) make sure to reflect any updates to Demise/RunUO's code made to match OSI.

Thankyou. I've changed the links in the first post.
Any other changes that need making can be done when/if the original author returns.
Thanks for taking care of that edit. :)

As for other changes... Bama mentioned quite a few discrepancies, and overall there's a bunch of other broken links, missing things, etc., so I'm still in the process of re-writing the thing from the ground up. As for Muggz, knowing him, he likely won't be back around for some more months... So I'd probably just post a brand-new thread that could be used to replace this one; we've already amassed quite a few posts here, and that'll give it a chance to start fresh; I'm pretty sure Muggz would agree.

Two Wolves

Knight
Death Strike Macro:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|40
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|508|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|502|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1517|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1395|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

This must be run inside a house you own, co-own or are friended to.

It does not work for me in a house, in a Tram rule-set map.
It is not working with HotKeyAction|1517|, Target Closest Grey Humanoid

Should work in Fel, in or outside of a house.
My images are Blue, so HotKeyAction|1518|, Target Closest Innocent Humanoid instead.

What is wrong with Wait for Mana >= 40 instead of an If block with no alternative.

hugoboss

Sorceror
Keep doing dungeon chests.. It worked for me although it was sloooow (Note: I GM'ed lockpicking years ago, but a guildie had GM'ed it the same way earlier this year) - have patience, keep at it and.. good luck!

Muggz

Sorceror
Well Hello Kids! 4 years and 110k views later. So if anyone wants to do some updates let me know if you just want these edited. I'm more than willing to paste in some edits but do not have time to figure out how to play this game again. Minecraft knowledge has taken it's place.

Malrex

Wanderer
Just wanted to add to Provocation.
30s-50's go to corpsers in Covetous dungeon (they don't move, but watch out for gazers).
get some rings
59-GM wyverns on wyvern isle. (I didn't gain at 53.4, but started to gain around 59 skill. So, it might be possible to gain around 55 or something, but didn't try--had a ring and bracelet).

Muggz

Sorceror
Just so you guys know I do pop on here every so often to check pm's. If you want stuff updated Pm me an updated version stating what skill and something i can copy paste to edit the current one.