UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Explo Potion Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danirus

Wanderer
[COMPLETE] Explo Potion Issues

When I throw explosion potions they simply just sit there and nothing happens
no kaboom :(

Re: Explosion Potions are dud

Thank you for your interest!
That is a bug I have always kept in the bugfix thread and I have never understood what does it mean.

For example, if I doubleclick an explosion potion and I throw it against an enemy, I can do damage.

Some people talks about "duds due to stacking issues".... someone can explain me better?
And please, can you edit your first post as psz suggested us? With basic description, way to experience, complete description...?

Thank you :)

you click and throw it as normal but it hits the ground and doesnt explode, it remains a dud until recombined

EvilChild

Knight

If you attempt to throw an explo pot from a stack and hit yourself the next explo pot from that stack will be a dud.

If you make seperate stacks there should not be any duds.

emoooo

Sorceror

more precisely if you don't target anything the next pot on the stack will be a dud. reseting the timer after a potion explodes in your hands removes the problem.

psz

Administrator
[VALIDATION NEEDED] Explo Potion Issues

Behavior on Demise: Damage vs Para may not be right
Behavior on OSI: Needs Verification
Supporting Documentation (URLs):
Changes needed: Needs Verification
Code (optional): None ATM

emoooo;549882 said:
something I couldn't find in uoguide is should it deal the extra damage if the target is immune to paralysis?

this seems to get rid of the explo pot problem
@BaseExplosionPotion
Code:
		private void Detonate_OnTick( object state )
		{
			if ( Deleted )
				return;

object[] states = (object[])state;
			Mobile from = (Mobile)states[0];
			int timer = (int)states[1];

object parent = FindParent( from );

if ( timer == 0 )
			{
				Point3D loc;
				Map map;

if ( parent is Item )
				{
					Item item = (Item)parent;

loc = item.GetWorldLocation();
					map = item.Map;
				}
				else if ( parent is Mobile )
				{
					Mobile m = (Mobile)parent;

loc = m.Location;
					map = m.Map;
				}
				else
				{
					return;
				}
				Explode( from, true, loc, map );
[COLOR="Red"]				m_Timer = null;[/COLOR]
			}
			else
			{
				if ( parent is Item )
					((Item)parent).PublicOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 0x22, false, timer.ToString() );
				else if ( parent is Mobile )
					((Mobile)parent).PublicOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 0x22, false, timer.ToString() );

states[1] = timer - 1;
			}
		}
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14854&d=1246795625
osd_daedalus;549965 said:
Oh, we totally forgot about it :p

I have noticed your submit about the Runic Bonuses. Nice work, I see you also added the Core.ML variable so people can switch between post-ML and pre-ML. Great job :)

psz

Administrator
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Explo Potion Issues

Though not DIRECTLY related issues with Explosion Potions, it did seem rather silly to have two seperate (small) threads about it, since both need to be fixed.

Merged the threads.

emoooo

Sorceror
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Explo Potion Issues

something I couldn't find in uoguide is should it deal the extra damage if the target is immune to paralysis?

ok this refers to nerve strike. I remember I had a quote to the nerve strike fix and asked whether it should still do the direct damage without para if the target is immune to paralysis. I never got an answer for that and I left it as is - if the target is immune to paralysis don't do damage nor para. Later when I made an OSI trial account I tested it and found out that it should do the damage even if the target is immune. I'll post a fix for that when I have a chance.
Anyway that's not related to explo pots and the only problem that I'm aware of is the dud issue, which is fixed* with the reset of the timer.

*I tested it very lightly, unpredictable results may occur. Needs further testing.

edit: the above code is a fix to the dud issue. To reproduce the dud issue drink any type of explosion pot and wait for it to go off in your hand (without targeting anything). Then proceed to use the next potion on the stack as a soccer ball.

edit: added a patch for svn 369

Attachments

• ExplosionPotion.patch
    559 bytes · Views: 9

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Explo Potion Issues

Before applying the patch I placed all 3 types of explosion potion into a bank box, secured container and locked down in a house to test what would happen to exsisting potions. I also tested that I could reproduce the problem by double clicking a potion and allowing it to explode while holding it, the next potion I used did not work.

Tests after applying the patch:

Checked the pre-patch explosion potions to see if any were deleted, they weren't.

Checked to see if I could reproduce the original problem by letting the potion explode in my hand and I couldn't.

I threw 250 potions in varying ways to see if they all went off, all but one did. I targetted the ground, another player and all around me, I kept one in my hand and targetted myself. All worked fine except for one that stayed on the ground, but that one worked when I picked it up and used it again.

I tested damage with and without alchemy skill, with and without enhancing potions and varying resists. Everything here looked fine.

I tested all lesser, regular and greater potions worked as they should, everything looked good here.

Apart from the one explosion potion that didn't explode everything looks fine, the potion that didn't go off still worked as it should when I reused it, so I can't really see this as a problem.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I guess the overall question for that one potion not going off - what happens on OSI?

This is one of those things that if it went forward without the fix for the 1, the 1 can be a bug report of its own.

Athena

Account Terminated

I don't really have time to test this on OSI right now because I'd have to check 1000 potions to be sure of the 1 in 250 chance that this might happen. This patch makes the current situation a lot better so it might be best to let it just go in for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.