UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Commas for Bank Checks/Bankers' Responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
[COMPLETE] Commas for Bank Checks/Bankers' Responses

Problem/Bug: Bankers and Bank Checks should have commas when over 1000.

Fix: Fixed bankcheck.cs and banker.cs files shown in code below. Set to Core.ML so anything preML should not show commas.

Documentation of change:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=350

Code:
Index: Items/Misc/BankCheck.cs
===================================================================
--- Items/Misc/BankCheck.cs (revision 319)
+++ Items/Misc/BankCheck.cs (working copy)
@@ -67,8 +67,10 @@
   public override void GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   {
    base.GetProperties( list );
-
-   list.Add( 1060738, m_Worth.ToString() ); // value: ~1_val~
+            if (Core.ML)
+            list.Add( 1060738, m_Worth.ToString("#,0") ); // print check value with commas
+            else list.Add( 1060738, m_Worth.ToString() ); // print check value without commas
+   
   }

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: Commas for Bank Checks/Bankers' Responses

Lighty tested, no major problems found.

Working:
Bank cheques display commas.
When asking "balance" you are told the amount with commas.

Possible small issues:
Saying to a banker "cheque 1,000,000" gets no response you have to type the amount without commas.
When you ask for a cheque for 1000000 the banker tells you he has placed a cheque for that amount in your bankbox but there are no commas.

Questions:
I'n the documentation about osi i could find all it says is cheques now display commas.
Should large gold piles also display commas?
Should npc and player vendors display the prices of thier goods with commas?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I did the fix primarily just to the bankers and bank checks.... I am a bit thrown because I asked for my checks without the commas but they still displayed commas. Explain your test so I can fix that?Is it only the use of the word cheque instead of check or is that just you ;)

uome

Bug Hunter

If you ask for a cheque without commas using the format "cheque 1000000" you do get a cheque in you bankbox that does have comma's.
The bankers still tell you the amount the cheque is for using the format 1000000.
Asking for a cheque using the format "cheque 1,000,000" returns no cheque.
Saying "balance" the bankers tell you the amount in your bankbox using the format "1,000,000".

Basicly i was just wondering when you ask for a cheque should the bankers be telling you the amount the cheque is for using commas?
Should you have to ask for a cheque using commas?

I'm sure it's working as you intended it too i'm just checking for any little thing because it's easier to sort out sooner rather than later.
I probably need to get me an osi acc so i dan't have to ask all these questions :eek:

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I'm not sure about asking for a check with commas... I didn't even think about it, to be honest; however, its less typing LOL

Enlightener

Sorceror

is there any way , when one say "balance", to get the entire amount of money in the bank, icluding the checks?.

PS: the commas are would be a great addition.

Enlightener;559222 said:
is there any way , when one say "balance", to get the entire amount of money in the bank, icluding the checks?.

for now, the only way is to use the house placement tool. I don't think it's hard to make a tweak to get the amount of money in gold + checks with "balance", but is it so in OSI?

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;559141 said:
Is it only the use of the word cheque instead of check or is that just you ;)
I tried all combination using "cheque" and "check" and both results were the same. If i knew any other languages i would have tried them too.

Do we need some more osi data on this just to see how many other things worth related are displayed with commas or is it just cheques/checks?
If it is just cheques/checks then it looks fine as it is. we may not even need the banker.cs bit?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

OK - this is what I tested.

1. Checks show commas regardless of how they are asked for
2. Bankers do NOT speak back with the commas, so the backer.cs fix is not necessary
3. You CAN ask for a check with commas and it will provide one to you (with commas)
4. On OSI, the amount returned by the banker when asking for balance is gold only.

So, I need to take away the banker.cs code as we don't need it and work on making the request for a check with commas show. I will work on another fix to include receiving a check when asked for with a comma. I think this fix can go in without this addition to the code so its not imparative either way. I will be working on it tho (perhaps for next fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.